Charm is too strong

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barthorn, May 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barthorn Elder

I feel that if the charm tool tip was: "Gains control of target for X amount of time and slows their attack speed for Y%" . The slow % scales with higher level spells because mobs hit harder at higher levels. Maybe this would balance it out a bit, making the risk the same the reward a lot less, but i still feel it would be strong. It's still extra damage from a support class.
  2. Barthorn Elder

You don't need any of that, stop twisting people's words. You can legit have 1 healer and 1 charm class with 4 random classes and blow up a zone with a charm pet. It's legit bad design if you can make a group to just support a charm pet while it carries you.
  3. Sikkun Augur

You can blow up these zones with 6 classes without an ench. Not like charm is the only over tuned thing in the game.
    Creedmonk and Skuz like this.
  4. Barthorn Elder

Some other things are over tuned. But I still feel that charm is the strongest thing on TLPs by far. That's why I made this thread. To at least open up the discussion to some balance changes to charm specifically
  5. Stune Augur

How about we let you design the game with your 14.99 per month and dictate the other 1000 players 14.99 how they would like to play. Seems fair right?
  6. Rcbauer Augur

Too lazy to play pixels in a 20 year old video game? Goodness.

The reality is every great xp group needs a charm pet enchanter in it.
    No other class can say that they are needed to make a great xp group.

/thread.
    Thalliius and Barthorn like this.
  7. Pawtato Augur

Not Sikkun, but I'll take this deal. I'm not above bribes or flattery.
    Sikkun and Stune like this.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

If Charm is so busted why do you feel the need to lie about it?

15 people KSed by 2 pets?
    Level 53 mobs with not AC tanking better then level 60 players?

Come on dude you're not even trying to be honest at this point.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Sikkun Augur

Because your forced to use an Ench/Druid/Mage/ or Necro to charm to level?

But yes you do pay developers to dictate the rules in which you get to play in.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Rcbauer Augur

If you don't think that happens you haven't played TLPs.
    Barthorn likes this.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I know it doesn't happen because i spent 100s of hours in Chardok charm duoing on Phinny. I literally killed King enough time to see 3 Vibrating Gauntlets of Infuse drop, i was giving away Cleric epic drops in general chat for months. There isn't a single charm pet in Chardok that quads for 275 and any decent epiced monk/rogue will beat a charm pet with discs and raid buffs on a burn parse. If 2 charm pets beat 15 people in a race it's more about those 15 players being awful at the game then the charm pets being just that good.
    Creedmonk, Skuz, Tucoh and 1 other person like this.
  12. jack of all trades Elder

@WaitingformoreEQ
    Even if they did quad for 275 that means the enchanter has to be able to take that damage in the first place.
    Which is "High Risk" for a " High Reward".

I do not know how many times I was killing Queen / King with my 2 box , then charm breaks and I am instantly dead because the queen/king summon me and my pet and the mob completely wreck me .
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Stune Augur

I mis replied you by mistake, and edit it. It was to the OP but now you brought up another thing. Went way way over your head, read it again...
  14. Ruiner Elder

It's hilarious that you're trying to defend the balance of the spell while in the same statement admitting that you are duo'ing raid content with said spell.
    Thalliius and Barthorn like this.
  15. auto21 Augur

So much hyperbole lol. I played ENC for years and they quad far less often than has been implied - they also can and have quadded me when charm broke... and killed me in a few seconds.

Playing ENC is stressful because you don't get breaks and have to constantly baby-sit the pet. Try playing an ENC and you will realise that they randomly break far more often than again many have implied, rarely reaching the break timer. PUG healers are also generally half-asleep so dying is a fact and again more common than many believe.

Charm pets are OP in specific situations, especially with skilled ENCs... like many other abilities and classes in specific situations (some of whom aren't or don't require any skill)... but charm is definitely not game breaking as again... many have implied.
    jack of all trades and Skuz like this.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Royals aren't really "Raid" content. There is plenty of combos that can duo and trio Royals that don't involve charming even in Kunark when i was farming them i ran into a dude that was killing them with Bard/Warrior/Cleric. I'm fairly confident a SK could Solo King and Queen with Velious raid gear.

What's funny is someone claiming something is OP dps. Then literally making factually inaccurate statments where they inflate the dmg on charm mobs by 25% while already cherry picking one of the best zones for charming in the game. You know cause cherry picking the best case scenario wasn't enough we also need to make bold face lies on top of cherry picking.
  17. Traktur Elder

In which expansion do charm pets end up NOT in the top 5 of DPS parses on raid mobs?
    Thx
  18. Sikkun Augur

What percentage of raid targets can you actually have charm pets on per expansion?
    Disil and Skuz like this.
  19. Barthorn Elder

Dude you just call everyone a liar and you're not remotely correct in half your statements. It's busted. Whether you admit it or not the majority of this thread has posts just acknowledging that it's broken. Stop attacking people and give some decent input.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Of course charm is overly powered for the expansions up until POP, after that I doubt anyone cares because most folks stop playing anyhow.

But it's good fun as a enchanter it allows you to try some stupid things.

As stated before if they just applied a slow to charm up until level 60 it would just dial it back a notch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.