Expansion Unlocks Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gunchou, May 4, 2020.

1. gunchou New Member

Please reconisder the 3 month lockout timers, you tried 3 servers died you tried 1 month on Selo it was good but 1/2 lockouts killed us with shorter cooldowns had to raid each day.

Please make it 2 months unlocks with consideration after pop to make useless expansions like LDON POR on 1 month, and make it double loot if you see the time to be too short can be on Big bosses only. people will be active during the whole two months with normal lockout and double since you cannot make split raids and swap loot anymore.

please, thanks!
  2. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Every TLP with 3 month unlocks it's very noticeable the big drop in raid attendance in the 3rd month of each expansion. I don't think you even need to increase the loot. People have been asking for 2 month unlocks forever. It's the sweet spot. 3 month is too long, 1 month is too fast, 2 months is perfect.
  3. Smackage3 New Member

" months would be great, would help keep the life of the server and peoples interest, please consider this
  4. Bailen Augur

Especially with the first couple of expansions, when the population is at its peak yet the world is at its smallest. It might not be a bad idea to go with a 2 or even a 1 month unlock for the first couple of expansions and then increase it. Or start the servers with Kunark open, even.
  5. Qrofol New Member

Agreed. Have been hoping for a different unlock schedule for a while. 1 month is too fast for a lot of people, but 3 is kinda slow and people get bored during last month. 2 months per expansions definitely seems like the sweet spot, so I don't understand why they haven't tried it yet.

That would be pretty nice. The 3 month unlock is especially bad for classic, since people get sick of Fear, Hate and Sky pretty quickly. And having Kunark zones open from the start would make leveling more interesting as well.
    Bailen likes this.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

As much as a 2 month unlock would be nice, I don't see them changing anything. I mean even LDoN would be better as a 1 month unlock and what they conceded on was 2 months, which is pointless AF imo.
  7. CokaSZ "Oh they baited us"

2 month Unlock with double loot.

They even did a vote, we have all seen it and for some reason they started out with Agnarr 2.0 now we have Mangler 2.0.

Do something different other than enforcing 2 box.

If we are starting in Classic make it 2 month with double drops.

The server might live past OoW. But then again you'll release a new TLP by then!
    Lilliee likes this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Double loot is just good regardless of what else they do!

Everyone that plays eq knows that all expacs are not created equal, so I've always been of the mind to have small content expacs just take less time. They did that with ldon at least.
    KimchiGoddess, Lilliee and CokaSZ like this.
  9. elrox New Member

At least classic and kunark should be 2 months only.
    CokaSZ likes this.
  10. Zinth Augur

no thanks, classic can be lowered, don't touch with Kunark or even better make classic 2 months and kunark 4 months = still 6 months
  11. ManglerNecro Journeyman

Not sure about double loot, this will be fine but don't think will happen.

Reduce classic to 1 or 2 month will be great!
  12. Keeke New Member

I agree 120% with the 2 months lockout for every expasion, this would make the active population not to burnout and quit, especially in those expansions with very low raid content (because we play this TPL servers to raid...)

DBG or Darkpaw whoever run this should consider the 2 months lockout instead 3.
    CokaSZ likes this.
  13. Aaroneous New Member

2 month unlocks is ideal. They did it back in the day with Vulak and it was amazing. That server died because other issues. But 2 months would really be the best time. I don't care about double loot or anything like that. It's nice but it's not important. 1 month unlocks on Selos was awesome until several expansions past omens where you literally just can't keep up if you have a job. 3 months feels like it takes an eternity especially considering the early expansions have no content other than group/leveling. So it would be awesome if you would kindly consider this 2 month idea.
    Duality and CokaSZ like this.
  14. Stevensmalls New Member

2 months would be perfect!!!!!
    Duality and CokaSZ like this.
  15. Lilliee New Member

Agree with 2 month unlocks with double loot
    CokaSZ likes this.
  16. Relentless Insomnia

1 week unlocks...because screw it...we're in quarantine anyway!
  17. Mallicious New Member

2 month unlock with double loot please & thanks
    CokaSZ likes this.
  18. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

This is a much better idea than the time MnM attempted to kill Trakanon in the middle of the frogs and wiped. I approve.
  19. Sikkun Augur

People would get less bored if they didn’t spend the first 3 days of an expansion not sleeping and playing 24/7 to finish the expansion.
  20. sumnayin Augur

I like 3 months, it lets me enjoy and have fun in the expansion...and if I get slightly bored I can slow down in the last half of the expansion. The one thing i'd like to see is reducing boss HP in places like NToV and VT and stuff...I am sorry if doing a 30+ minute dragon to go to a 30+ minute dragon isn't fun...especially when the mechanics are so annoying and you have to keep moving out...move in, move out, move in. It just isn't fun. It'd be different if the fight was hard, but it just drags on and no one dies.

I did all this content back in 1999-2003ish and that was a lot different because the fights were hard and served a purpose of being gear checks...now it is just a slog.
    Jaymond1037 likes this.