New server announcement feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Xeris Augur

Just my feedback, and a place for others to provide feedback.

Is this right that both servers are going to be like Agnarr, PoP locked? It seems odd to re-create Agnarr with slightly better XP rates when actual Agnarr still exists. It seems even more odd to release two servers with the same rules, one being enforced boxing rules and the other being no truebox at all. This will just divide up the playerbase of people who want to play in LDON/PoP locked server between Agnarr, Rizlona, and Aradune.

I think it's great to have people play on Mangler for people who want to progress to live eventually, Agnarr for people who want POP locked experience, and... Aradune/Rizlona could have done something different (I.E. OOW lock). The fact that two new servers are POP locked clearly indicates that there is quite a bit of demand for this type of era locked experience... why not give people OOW or some other era locking?

I will also say that GM enforced is a great thing, and this should alleviate a ton of concerns that people have!

However, the enforced boxing/no truebox at all basically leaves no middle ground. For me, who does 4-5 boxing, I don't have an interest in either (also as someone who played on Agnarr from Day 1, I don't want to just run that back and do the exact same thing over again)
    Shagroth likes this.
  2. Noreaster Journeyman

DPG is clueless. Zero frontal lobe activity.
    Creedmonk, topple and Xanathol like this.
  3. Silver-Crow Augur

I suspect the plan is to let them run till LDON, then merge them into Agnarr, since TLP's tend to drop off rapidly after pop/ldon. This does sort the issue of endless dead TLP servers, but personally i quite like the later expansions, so this is not for me... although i love the rest of the aradune 'box lite' ruleset.
  4. Xeris Augur

If the plan is to create a system whereby these servers merge into Agnarr, that would be fantastic... I'd be 100% supportive of that. Doesn't SEEM like it, but that would be amazing
  5. Machen New Member

I posted in the other thread, but if they leave this as is, with the first new boxing server in four years being pop locked, I will walk away from this worthless company for good and never look back.
    Skuz, Fraggly, topple and 3 others like this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

These servers were probably designed to maximize krono sales, not necessarily with any longterm health in mind.

That's my initial thoughts.
    topple likes this.
  7. Rcbauer Augur

Not much krono/xp pot/bag sales on a half full server.
  8. Machen New Member

Half full is optimistic.
  9. Rcbauer Augur

Indeed. I was being gracious.

Revenues won't be good.
  10. Xeris Augur

I think you guys are vastly underestimating how popular pop lock is... DBG isn't stupid, and they have access to data and financials that we on the forums are only blindly guessing at based on anecdotal and conjectural evidence. They wouldn't do something that isn't going to generate them revenue. If they didn't have data to suggest there was a high level of interest in POP lock, they wouldn't be doing it.
    Koshk likes this.
  11. Piznut Angry Gnome

Most idiotic thing i've ever seen DBG do. Two POP locked servers that'll be dead in a year...only "bonus" is that one server is going to have GM's actually enforce boxing rules; which should have been done on TLP's to begin with?

When a company ignores the pleas of the community, then starts calling doing their basic jobs a "perk", you know they are truly clueless. So much for me coming back.
  12. Machen New Member

Yeah, that's why Agnarr is so popular and none of the players currently playing there ever beg for it to be merged to another server.
  13. Rando123 New Member

So Aradune they're allowing 2 accounts per IP address? Per Machine? I am super confused..is it Truebox or not?
    Noreaster likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

The GM enforcement is great.... sadly, that's it.

The truebox server also being a 2 real box limit is a server dead in the water. Folks who've played a long time are used to boxing and most aren't playing where they cannot.

Locking the servers has already killed this launch. Longer unlocks, slower unlocks, half dz timers - whatever - are all ideas with a chance of interest but locked servers have zero interest beyond Agnarr, especially at LDoN / PoP.

What about a server with Bezerkers and Beastlords at the start? Simple, easy to implement, and garners interest. But that would make too much sense, I guess...
  15. Noreaster Journeyman

No clue. Me and my wife play together, not sure how they'll enforce this in any way.
    Rando123 likes this.
  16. Rando123 New Member

I agree. My brother and I both have 3 computers - will we only be able to box 1 character each?
  17. taliefer Augur

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yea, and what about my 12 roommates who all work for a company that also makes them use vpns? How are we going to play?
    Protagonist likes this.
  19. Lateryn Augur

20. taliefer Augur

I think they are trying to see if Mangler continues on, or if these two servers kill it with PoP lock. will actually be interesting to see if mangler has a higher population than either/both of the new ones once they settle in.

new server smell will be a thing. but agnarr with GMS is an easy pass for me
    Rando123 likes this.