Selos Exp Rate in Later Expansions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Machentoo Augur

From the announcement:

This sounds like it is referring to the start of the server. What happens later in the server's life, when TLP's normally hit live xp rates? Will the server eventually have nearly double live xp rate, or will the (smaller) initial xp penalty simply be reduced progressively until it reaches normal live rates?

Getting 1000+ aa's a month in the expansions from SOD onward will be pretty rough if the server ultimately ends up at live rates.
    snailish likes this.
  2. andross77 Elder

i'm sure it will be the second scenario: just catching up to live. No one from DBG or no normal human expects you to gain 35-45k AA's within 2 years. If you are trying for that....you need to think about what else in your life needs attention :)

The faster xp will be awesome to start with and it will be a great server to grow on over 2-4 years if one wants.
  3. Machentoo Augur

If this is correct, it is something people should know before committing to the server and planning to invest time long term. It will only take around a year to get to SoF/SoD, and if at that point you have live xp rates only and need to farm an entire expansion worth of aa every month, well, no one is going to be able to keep up.
  4. a_librarian Augur

A dev answer to this would be very much appreciated
  5. callius Journeyman

Guess this applies to all TLP's.
    So they all tend to live XP, increasing at GoD then TSS, or do they keep a bonus ?
    Once Mangler hits TSS will it just be the XP rate as phinigel, or will it always be higher until it hits the current expansion ?
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Was the ability to taskadd people to XP missions (i.e. in the SoF/SoD/etc era) without them coming to the mission zone nerfed? I know they are nerfed for heroic on live but were they nerfed on older stuff?
  7. snailish Augur

Good question. What is in the FAQ for the server alludes to nothing special once they become a "regular live server" but that bonus XP rate will be a huge factor for Selos.

-keeping up with eras AA viability (even with autogranting)

-being a logical late-join or level your alt to later move server.

Neither of these works well if Selos "catches" live XP rate sometime before it gets to live. Granted, the starter bonus XP rate sounds like it would be higher than live already?
  8. Zansobar Augur

I see no reason why just because it has xp that is faster than Ragefire at launch that it would ever have xp that is faster than Live.
    andross77 likes this.
  9. callius Journeyman

why, there getting expansions monthly, you will just end up with autogranted AA only.
    Same for all TLP's, i dont mean when they hit live expansion, i mean all the expansions before.
    Certain expansions as on live, got an XP boost across the board.
    Specifically GoD and TSS we know about, the question is.
    Lets say Mangler is 100% XP, Cornaiv is 70% and Selos is 170%.
    By the time they hit TSS, do they all have the same rate, or do the negative and positive XP bonus's still apply.
    Selos is already likely to be a short term server for alot of people, if it slowly slows down its XP advantage then it will die faster.
  10. a_librarian Augur

Still curious about this
  11. Machentoo Augur

12. Ceffener Augur

“Selo is a Truebox server and, once the server catches up to the present era, will become a standard Live server.”

Pretty sure standard live server is going to mean exactly what you don’t want it to mean. Once XP rate is at live rate...it’ll be at live rate.
  13. a_librarian Augur

I take standard Live server to mean 'receives new expansions as they are released' but it isn't clear enough from that sentence what will actually happen.

What you're saying that sentence means is Truebox, AoCs and all the bonuses will be removed as soon as the current expansion era unlocks, making it exactly like any other live server. Would be nice if they would clarify the point
  14. Machentoo Augur

This doesn't say anything about what will happen at TSS, or SoD, only what will happen when it catches up to live.
  15. Ceffener Augur

Implies that whatever bumps it gets will not bring it above live level.
    Barton likes this.
  16. Ansel New Member

If Selos is going to have the same XP in SoD that Phinny has now (live equivalent) it is going to be absolutely miserable for the server. If that is what they are intending then they haven't really thought it through. A dev response to this confirming one way or another would be nice.
  17. Ceffener Augur

When they originally thought it through they deemed 1 month unlocks as “ultra casual” and have stated they believe casuals don’t care about their gear or level. By that logic (there’s, not mine), people on Selo just shouldn’t care.
  18. Ansel New Member

It isn't a "casual" server now. "Selo is what we are calling a Fast Progression server." The experience rate should reflect this in all eras.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Protagonist Tank

I'd be highly surprised if they've bothered to formalize a decision that far ahead and, if they have, I'd be even more surprised if they forced themselves to deal with peanut gallery commentary for all of the intervening months by posting it here.
  20. Machentoo Augur

They tend to set these servers up so they will just run with no intervention on things like this. I'd be very surprised if they didn't already have all the xp changes mapped out for the life of the server, just like every other TLP they have launched. Possibly they haven't thought through the impact of those changes though--could well just be a cut and paste from previous TLP's.