Save your money

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minitaur, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Mintalie Augur

Maybe 5% of the raiders. I don't think the rest are happy. Everything way way way overtuned. So far the raids require near perfection to execute. I see this as the death knell to EQ as we know it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. NeverPayForLag Augur

Please check the double-opt-in first before proceeding..
    Some minor elements of sarcasm and irony are perhaps insulting your mimosian soul....
    But beware and be strong if you can beat this...
    Else .. please GOTO ->End

yep... thought I get some gear to be able to complete RoS progression but that was a wrong idea - but it is not the first time I remember in EQ, an expansion was a waste of money or a financial injection for the company until next try or fail. GoD, Underfoot, ... if I think about that, old memories caress my Alzheimer brain....:confused:

But to be fair I searched for some advantages and I found some.:)

Armor and Weapons are a dream (the first and most important reason to buy) - BUT locked behind everything as long as you don't let you drag along by some elite players. If you box, molo/solo, kite or anything which filled gaps between the grouping then you can cherry-pick small parts. If you have not this chance due to playtime or people you are simply stuck in one zone. But hey, it is a social network, you play because you like the people and the talking in the general chat (like.... "you are useless", "mercs are useless", "you suck", "you have no skillz", "xyz has no skills"... "your guild has no skillzsssss.... you know the level 1 guy with the typical ending .....bur...bim..bam..bum...who is entertaining e.g. AB for decades now? Hey, fun, jay... :p ).

The boni from Achievements are a dream - if you ever would be able to do them in this expansion to be able to use them accordingly and if EQ survives to the next expansion and you are even able to do some of them but for the real cool stuff you need ALL challenger achievements... oops... (somebody told me, everything before but is shh....). But I could even use Tome of Obulus despite it is old outdated crap as long as.. you don't need the added stats in the range item and you are happy with some DPS boost... but this is good stuff to twink-twink-twink your "little" alts.:D. I have a level 2 which is proud owner of it... is as useful sometimes...

Non-Prestige items are in this expansion only a touch better than in RoS. Not really an incentive. I even avoided Scaled T2 RoS and used Conflagrant and this is nearly on par with TBL (if you don't look at the numbers but at the percentage boost - but if you prefer good feeling and not logic, yes TBL T1 is world better for the gut :rolleyes: ) (2).

The AAs are sparse and expensive and surely don't make a hell of difference with 1-2% boost partly. But if you need a bit positive emotion for your frontal lobe, take the reason on (2). Every collector is happy to collect, the more if only 1 piece is missing... :D

Spells now have been corrected (after being bugged from the start, but hey... I discovered it only on the 20th or so wipe :confused: ) but without progression they are on par with RoS/EoK (e.g. Dicho). Again if you like some moodsoothing bodyinternal drugs, use method (2) for it.

Allliance spells are useless except you PL regularly your dream team with bots into playable toons - I like my very first toons and have no fun in playing 3 SKs, 3 Zerkers, 3 Mages or 3 Whatsoevers only to use the Alliance stuff (which I didn't liked in EQ2 and now we have them here), neither do I want to waste my time racing something up to level 110 with 30k+ AA. The reason why somebody has a "character" is to evolve this, not to drop it all the time when the tasks doesn't fit anymore like a commodity. But EQ evolved now into the hire-and-fire-your-character-mentality. That fits a bit in DGBs latest layoffs. But perhaps this is a spoiler - a cheat - I miss the point - I should have 60-70 alts to choose according the taste of the season (sorry, couldn' resist because.... this is true for some players who really have them up to 110, including more than one guild only for themselves :eek: .. I bow before the gods of multiplaying and the big purse in devotion...:rolleyes: and my condolence to the once who are the victim of the layoffs on christmas :oops:, I feel with you while I look into this screen of the first zone... ).

Drops are locked up behind insane named and they are all nodrop (and I include the named itself for casuals and boxers, they don't drop....o_O .. mh.. I believe I am in that picture a kind of a "hastydrop", this is short before FD, only with rezz addon:confused: ) - including tradeskill parts to make an end product (Gear -> Muhbis) - so also no incentive and no upgrade. BUT (remember the last idea about but?)... we have new bags if we can make something in that expansion to store them in 42 and 44 slots. I could store my non-existent Muhbis virtually to ease my mind and create some bags for it which I don't get until the next expansion perhaps.. is over... done... here...... :rolleyes:

You should buy the expansion?

If you are elite player and want a significant upgrade of your current stuff or tune up alts, as long as you pay them in "Gold". But hey, if anybody has a real clue about economics - the chinese buy gold, the russians buy gold, even the US-Boys don't trust their dollar anymore because all the insiders prepare the next banking crash in a strength so that all governments have to jump in and finance it via the taxes from the small people. It is not to-big-to-fail, meanwhile it is to-big-to-Jail - if you know HBSC but.. mh.. sounds like a shortcut from EQ... mh.. think-think-think-think... I need a drink... :confused:

If you are raider and you are in an elite guild - else stick to the raids you miss from later expansions because you - like a famous auto-polarizer in the general AB chat with the everchanging name of ...bur...bim..bam..bum..... and the evernotchanging level 1 likes to formulate - "have no skillszssss". Yes we appreciate our mascot... everybody needs a pet....:)

If you have no problem to wait till all bugs are done, all retuning (if any) are made and all first rollers have their gear and announce rotting things (as long as you can get a fellowship jump, because ports don't work, if nobody dragged you through the Trials of the first zone - oh and if so you can expect that the zone will aggro you somehow... interesting... I want to test that with a level 1 for fun. Nothing is cooler than jumping into a bunch of high end mobs and say "rrrrrrRAAANGERRRR" knowing that you cannot loose XP :cool: and you have no ability to gate.. yay...).

You are a grouper who likes the absolute edge of "good old classic" - means - TLP-style playfield with constant meddings, OOMs, time sinks and lockout timers (60h) from tasks which are comparable to old classic raid mob repops, only at the high end level instead of the "Kindergarden". And if you somehow use taskdrops mechanics which have the damocles sword of getting a ban levitating over your head. Adrenalin pure, suitjumping is dirt compared to that. Other people climb mountains without ropes which have 90 degrees upward slope, swim around Great Britain (did I see that living on an island is not healthy?), jump down from bridges with only a wingsuit - these "wussies" do not even know what danger is :cool:! .

As a grouper who has a constant group available and has no problem for the typical "Looking for a group"-cycles. Hey, wasn't that fun years ago when no mercs or boxes were used - oh.. a good ole classic time revived from the graveyard of the old - but you should be fast because if the elite players are through the first zone, you can search for somebody to drag you through, except you are lucky in a guild who spends much time in dragging you through the locks, before they wear out.... but hey... your social skillzssss will improve exorbitantly and you never have even the chance to get into the low subculture of ....bur..bim..bam...bums for the need to spam the chat with spam-spam-spam, like Monty Python would sing.. :p

If you are happy with having more Ding for the Bang on a Mob for a Slap while only cherry-picking the ones who are not the biggest problem - as long as you can pull them single, hint-hint ->(1):D .

If you are happy with (1), have a box who is mighty mighty mighty (means capable of (1)) and you have no problem to get the "Fight Fire"-task of the first zone only to avoid any AEs and kill for the sake of XP and AA without interference, but also without named (you see, there are so many ands, ifs and ors in that text - you have to have a training in digital design to read that post :cool: ). This will have the advantage that you can sleep overnight for 6 hours in this zone to avoid login in again - so that you never encounter another failure on the login server and nobody really can complain that you are afk in the wide zoneland with accidental aggros and trains from players who want to give you a personal christmas gift... :p. But think about it, use the clock. If you sleep longer than 6 hours, the task fails and you a landing in front of the quest giver and this area is wellknown to knock-you-to-death out of whatever bugged reason ever - but if you are a necro then simply pretend that you do it by purpose with FD. It looks nearly the same... ;)

You are a botter with complete elite setup, 3rd party tools up to the ear lobe, can automate everything, clap your shoes three times and say "there is no place like roam - there is no rezz like newborn - there is no face like moan" (I don't know which works best), gives a about DGB (like the ones who are currently botting in OT with a guild name which expresses exactly that or call it simply "no risk no run" or was it "Better level fast than be banned long"???) then you are the perfect candidat to program one year for a bot so that you are ready to play the xpac when the next one arrives..... yes.. I know.. some are there who are able to do that instantly with they manual ubah skillz and tell everybody that the xpac is easy and you only need TBM or EoK armor... :p

A seller who is only there for making profit for Kronos and has the tricks of the trade to do so. But there are nearly no people who do that, only bad gamblers on wallstreet and good not-only-chinese botters on crack who powerlevel a toon from L1 to L110 with 30k AA in a day while getting a streak .. darn english.. stroke or heart attack at the end of the session...:rolleyes:

so.. this could be a nice summary... I hope it is not too obvious that I have a bit time while staring at the screen thinking what to do next...o_O

XPing AAs in Fight Fire again is a viable option, that was a solution which does not make me so much happy but if an occasional LFG wants to have a non-elite dragging through the Trials I can kill some mobs for christmas.Thanks to the nice lady who desperately tried to port or zephyr me into Esianti. I must apologize, I had no clue that by buttock is so heavy and the gods so abs..abs... ähm.. absent (english word?)... Next time will will make some sports, trim my body shape and drop my weight. Next time it will work... next time I will take a sexy wingsuit so that Esianti will not stop me again from dropping down if I ever get a lift up... :p

This reminds me on Underfoot. Did only the first zone at that time. Now it is so wasted that nobody wants to play that anymore. But I BEAT it, yay... :cool: ! ...after about 5-6 expansion later.....
    I think, this expansion will be the same - if EQ is still standing and not going down with this expansion... But I expect that another company buys it and perhaps they are more competent to put money into it instead into the pockets of some russian managers at the top:mad:, so that some zones are left for the Kindergarden who wants to play with some minor toys... :rolleyes:

-> END
    my 2 cents from the front...
  3. Tucoh Augur

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ng-65-000-texts-man-she-met-online/601217002/

Bro get some sleep.
    Lyquid likes this.
  4. NeverPayForLag Augur

Bro get some humor ;)
    You should have used -> GOTO End.
    Merry christmas...
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Lheo Augur

The devs should be fired lockig nearly all of the zones ROFL..
    Tygart, Graves and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  6. eqgamer Augur

In the 10 or 12 surveys they sent me I had asked that they consider not locking zones behind prog. So much for that lol. I’ll admit I had fun winning some trials this weekend but um. That was one for just for one of my toons. I preordered for 10. Not sure how I feel about all this yet but will admit I’m with most y’all.
    Tygart and Pirlo like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Seems to me a simple solution to expansions like this, where everything is locked behind progression, is to offer simple alt access quests: loot a drop, turn in to NPC, get flagged to zone in. You can do this for all zones except the end zone(s).

The flag lets you enter those zones, but not request any tasks/missions...that would still require progression. Original PoP had that...no reason this expansion can't do it. That way, even casual players would feel they're getting a benefit out of buying a new expansion and allow everyone to spread out instead of being jammed into a couple of zones until progression is done. Some folks don't even care about progression; they just want to experience something new and be able to group with their guildmates/friends without hassle. I don't see how that would hurt the game at all.
    Tatanka likes this.
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It just came to me.... The reason why almost all the zones are locked is a case of employee sabotage as revenge for theirs friend(s) being laid off at the holidays! See how that works? Wow and all this time we were thinking simple minded throwback incompetence. Pffft, next time I'll do my homework better!
    YellowBelly and NeverPayForLag like this.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

mh yes... it came to me while writing my frustration into this big sarcastic something today.... somebody must be very angry about DGB or about us gamers... :confused:
  10. Zurril Elder

Geez - I feel really bad for the devs here. They put in hard work all year, they get excited to release a new product and just get on on these forums.

Some people wanted new content, so they put in new zones and riddle-like events like Trial of Three.

Some people wanted to do planes, so they put in a throw back to plane of fire.

Some people wanted chase loot so they put in chase items and chase augs (Both raid and group).

Some people wanted tradeskills so there are new tradeskill items

Some people wanted something new and refreshing, so they tried out a new stat.

Overall this is a great expansion. I think the Devs did great with this.

Yes, the mobs are challenging. Previously on this forum people complained that CC and pulling weren't a thing anymore and that tanks were running over mobs. Well, now you can form groups/ boxes that have some sort of CC. Tanks who want to power through and pull every mob in missions like Fight Fire can do that... and those who don't want to or can't can use crowd control.

Yes, there is progression to see more zones. Everyone loved planes of power, everyone wanted to do something plane-oriented. Planes of power required progression to visit other zones too. (Yes, I know there were alternate ways/ level restrictions as well). The progression to just see more zones is not that bad. They aren't asking for every mercenary and partisan to be done, just a couple of quests per zone. Some trials are challenging sure, but ones like the jumping platform thing is not too bad. You only need to beat 1 to get to the next zone.

Someone posted that its overtuned and that mechanics should be a bit more forgiving. The devs said they are looking into tuning. So relax, find some friends and play through the content. If its too hard, ask for help, ask for advice, ask for strategies. If you don't want too, then wait until its tuned down some. But at this point there is no point to continuing whining about it when they said they are looking into it.
    Sancus, Tucoh, Ssdar and 2 others like this.
  11. smash Augur

You can say that, but if people continues to get smacked down all the time, why should people continue as they only lose xp and does not progres.

For them it is a waste of time.
  12. Phiyre Augur

I was on the fence about buying the xpac. I love this game even after almost 20 years.. Sadly, when I heard about the lack of new aa, solid guild/group to even attempt progressing, I figured I would pass. I am a solo/molo player and there isn't enough there to entice me. EoK seems decent but even there sounds like w/o really good gear/tons of aa, you won't be soloing/moling much. At least I have a ton of content to play w/ yet.
    This xpac seems to be a bit of a bummer though for those who don't have a solid raid group (or the time for one).
  13. ptah Augur

Relax. EQ is still a knowledge based game and burning is what.. just short of 1 week old?
    Yes EoK content was wide and overall pretty friendly with some mixed in harder content if you wanted it. Very well done imho. RoS was little buggy and much smaller.. but after 1 month.. live learn RoS was ok.
    --- Yes im talking from Conflagrant GROUP armor fellowship team.. we are slowly grinding out the trials in smoke. Yes we die.. yes we win. Biggest thing we are learn strats.. This unknown is hammering us.. and its odd when you are farming trash.. 5 mobs don't AE.. and random 6th does.

I say give burning lands a chance. I agree and feel burning lands is now in beta.. on live servers.. expect some tuning adjustments.. but not huge amount. Maybe im wrong. But im trying to box it and use 3 merc bymyself either.. we are going with sk tank.. either bard or chanter.. shaman and pc clr.. and whatever dps is online at the time. Goal is merciless.. everyone is conflag or t2 ros.. there is a few eok era chase items mixed in but not a ton.

we gotten 5 lamps so far.. and excited to learn recipes.. and force feeding the sk.. he not liking the deflaut looter roll atm.. but we are all excited on ts armor options.

Teamwork. Form up teams on your server.. and make a focus day or time.. Fridays 9am.. team blue does xxxx… we have talked about regrind lesson in ros. just fill in better.. but everyone lusts for this burning lands content. Is it great.. na. but we learning and having painful adventures.

Just relax, focus.. it will get better as people learn knowledge and strats.. push them discs

Funny to me.. people if we got mindless repeaters like gribs.. yet when content is hard.. is overtune and not friendly to casuals.. still a ton of content in eok and ros.. do what you can.
    Ssdar, took2summit11 and Pirlo like this.
  14. Phiyre Augur

Planes of power added so much stuff, it was almost mind boggling. Been what, 17ish years since then so I could be wrong w/ what I recall. First off, you got poK, a hub where anyone could go there and easily travel all over the EQ world. That alone made the expansion great. Then you had several zones you could play in right away (some lvl restriction but no flagging). As you went up tiers in zones, you needed to be flagged. The only real pita flag I recall though was poTime and that was only a pita because you had so many top guilds fighting over the limited spawns for flagging. The library was also added which gave much easier access to MANY spells.
    If this xpac was remotely like PoP, I think folks would really love it. Shut, I'd buy the xpac just for the convenience it offers. PoP had something for EVERYONE from the casuals to the hard core raiders. This xpac seems like it is heavily geared to the raiders and very casual unfriendly.
    I understand the devs are short staffed etc. As a player (I'm not a big money maker for em), I would rather them wait another 3-6 months to release a well done xpac, new aa's ect. Rather than releasing some meh xpac that shows they no longer care about the quality of what they put out and are more concerned about releasing another xpac because it has been x long since the last one released and we need more $$$.
    I guess though, maybe that is the harm of a game being around this long. After all, the xpacs after PoP were pretty meh imo. I think I quit during OOW.
    In a way, I'm glad people are a bit upset. It shows the devs that the community won't stand for this minimal effort. Maybe, if there is a next time, they will give the project a few more months of time to make it a release that has a bit of something for everyone.
    Annastasya, NeverPayForLag and Pirlo like this.
  15. Pirlo Augur

BPGL,
    I love you to pieces man, you know this by how often I click like on your comments.
    But this statement is false and the record needs to be set straight.
    I used to be in ROTE, so I have no reason to defend them , but they have good people that are hardcore good EQ'ers and they WERE sticking up for the casuals in beta.

The devs chose NOT to listen to a lot of feedback. Just like usual. Your beef should be fighting the devs belief that "I am stubborn and will not listen to these gamers advice no matter how good it may be"

Your attack on ROTE/RoI is unwarranted.

*wave to Maedrose, Marquele and Elsy*

Also shot out to Sancus axxius and the other guy (who has an avatar of smoking a pipe, lol.) They were trying to tell the devs a lot of stuff was over tuned too, especially on the very last ninja patch of beta!
    Sancus and Littlelegs like this.
  16. took2summit11 Augur

THIS^^ Is exactly the kind of attitude I, and all group gamers should have. Couldn’t have said it any better! I know, I’ve tried, a LOT ;)
  17. Niknik Journeyman

I have multiple accounts. Did not buy it. I was one of the few players who didn't like the progression flagging process of PoP. It's okay there is plenty of other things for me to do in game. I am going to keep playing but I am not going to pay for this expansion.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Possibly, but words from at least one pally guild leader in this thread seem to extol the wisdom in his mind at least that people need to "send a /tell" to another player, etc.... like the lack of grouping of 6 real players is a mortal illness EQ suffers from.

I probably watch too much twitch honestly. The variation in personalities of guilds varies to a startling degree.

Of course there is one explanation for all this: Absor (The Quintessential evil in all these things) has alts in both ROTE and ROI and the rest of those guilds are saints. Absor was mean to wizards once. My first main was a wizard...I know :D
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

20. Herf Augur

I ate too many tacos and had my own version of the Burning Land, but Preperation H helped.