Coirnavprogress.com | Velious Tracking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Miena, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Critt Augur

update it, one could argue that updating the spreadsheet would do more for people looking to see how healthy our server is than posts by people like Fumi =)
  2. Alikat Lorekeeper

It's my understanding we tried submitting progression several times during classic and never even got our guild added to the website. I don't think anyone cares enough to pursue it at this point. The only target that won't die week 1 is tunare, just to give people time to do the quests before ruining faction.
  3. Risiko Augur

It's not that there aren't more guilds raiding current era content... because there are as you pointed out. They're just not updating the website.

But... the point he is getting at is that there are only 5 guilds who care enough about competition on the server to update the website. Are people just going through the motions? Are they not excited enough about beating content to want to let others know? If that's the case, then how long before those other guilds just stop showing up to raid? How long before they stop logging in?
    Critt likes this.
  4. Stankydanky1 New Member

One also might argue that Lady Nev and Lord Vyemm are the more difficult and progression worthy encounters of the xpac. /ponder
  5. Fumi-chan Augur

Calling anything in Everquest difficult in 2018.

/ponder
  6. Hinastrom Elder

Despite what you clearly think, interest in competing with other guilds is not a prerequisite for people to enjoy, and keep showing up to, raids.

I don't play on coirnav atm, no horse in this. But you are realllly stretching here.
  7. Kahna Augur

Huh? Since when do you have to brag abut something to have enjoyed doing it? The only reason to update that spreadsheet is for possible recruitment benefits. Many guilds don’t need that tool to recruit. They exist in a unique time zone or choose to recruit by word of mouth in game. They aren’t “phoning it in”, they are just doing their own thing with little regard to what others on the server are doing. Instances always encouraged this type of play, and lists like these are just hold overs from a bygone era. Few people care, and fewer care about it as time goes on. You can still enjoy playing the game without the competitive aspect.
  8. Ryak Augur

Let me give you (and the others posting similar things) some unsolicited advice: Recruiting is going to become a matter of survival for your guild at some point. At that point, you're going to wish you did something simple like getting your guild on a public list for people to see much sooner than you did.

In other words, don't assume that just because recruiting is relatively easy now, that it will stay that way forever, because it definitely won't.
    Risiko likes this.
  9. Kahna Augur

My guild is the only true PST raiding guild. We do plenty of recruiting, and we are listed on the website. But why would, say, the Oceanic guild really care about being on there? Everyone who can play and raid during the Oceanic time already knows who they are. Trying to recruit people outside of the oceanic time is unlikely to be successful. I am not saying they don’t need to recruit, but they most certainly don’t need to be on some random list that 90% of the server doesn’t even know exists in order to recruit effectively in their very limited window of active playtime. When they do eventually run out of Oceanic timezone players who want to raid being on the list is not going to magically make more Oceanic players pick them over the other, non-existent oceanic guilds.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

It's not just about guild recruitment, seeing a vibrant listing of active guilds draws players to the server.

Its also cool because it tells a story. A few years from now this will be a collection of EQ history. Looking at how guilds came and went across the expansions is fascinating, its a shame we don't have similar listings from the old 99-02 era EQ.
    Zadune, Foaming, Risiko and 2 others like this.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

12. HoodenShuklak Augur

You ever tried to convince your spouse to play a game for 18 hours straight?

Tell me that's easy.
  13. Risiko Augur

This exactly.

People like to throw around the "I don't compete" card like its the best thing ever invented. It isn't about competition. It's about being part of something, and right now, if you aren't using the site to track your guild's progress, you aren't being part of the extended community.

I've gone back a couple times to look at the progress on Phinigel to see where my old guild on that server got. It was really cool being able to see when guilds came around and how they progressed.

Ultimately, by not participating in tracking your guild's progress, you are leaving no legacy of your guild ever existing.
  14. Kahna Augur

What? This is nonsense. These folks most certainly are part of the extended community. They are in game, they are pugging, they are buying and selling, they are participating in community chat channels, they are playing the game the way they always have, and they are most certainly part of the community in game, where it actually matters. Only a small percentage of the community participates in outside social activity, like the forums, or cares about the lists.

And to say they are leaving no legacy because they aren't on some random list that will probably go away as soon as the server dies? Did EoE leave no legacy on Vulak because there isn't a list somewhere outlining their ranking on the server? Did your very first guild back in 1999 leave no lasting impression on the people who played in it because their raid kills weren't recorded for posterity?
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Pfft
  16. Risiko Augur

:rolleyes:
  17. Kahna Augur

Exactly how I felt when you implied this list was somehow important.
  18. Machentoo Augur

I think it is helpful for players who are new to the server or maybe haven't even started on the server to see what guilds are available and if one meets the criteria they are looking for. I know I often pointed people to fippykills.com or phinnykills.com when they just rolled a level 1 toon and started asking about the raiding scene and what classes were most in need by guilds. It also helps with recruiting when your recruiters aren't around. Maybe someone logs on for the first time outside of oceanic hours, and no one from the guild is on, but those are the hours they generally want to play, and so they ask in general, "Are there any oceanic guilds here?" Someone in general chat being able to say, "According to Coirnavprogress.com, the oceanic guild cleared ToV last week, and if you go to that website there is a link to their guild page" is more useful than "I think there is an oceanic guild but I don't really know anything about them."

It is also just nice to have a sense of what other guilds in your community are doing.
    Protocol likes this.
  19. a_librarian Augur

The more people that contribute to it, the more valuable it is as a resource for the community. It's not exclusively a measuring tool
    Risiko likes this.
  20. Protocol Dragon Defender

EoE is a bad example because they were notorious during their heyday and they are still actively raiding today. What do we remember about European Union, Celestial Tome, Black Syndicate, S I E G E or many of the other guilds?

I agree that we could (and should) do more with these websites to chronicle the history of the community, but as of now it contributes more than nothing and failing to use it now in the era of instancing where guilds rarely ever need to interact is a surefire way to be forgotten and for us to lose a part of EQ and TLP history.
    Risiko and Critt like this.