Server Merge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raylen, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Gosan Kai Elder

Real Faith, Valorguard, and Resolution of Erollisi Marr merged into one guild (Phoenix Ascending). They aren't listed on elitegamerlounge though.

I'm guessing you mean with all 9 raids beaten (for RoS)?

I would love for server merges.
  2. Belkar_OotS Augur

Thanks for the correction and yes, that is what I meant.
  3. eqzekisdead Augur

give everyone a free server transfer so i can move my box army off of zek
  4. Geroblue Augur

There doesn't seem to be a pickzone for CR and Blightfire, nor Natimbi. How is the connection/zoning made ?
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

/pickzone. They only spawn when theres enough people in the zone to make you need one.
  6. Windance Augur

I'm on bertox and every expansion we lose active raiders to other servers.

Just take a look at the big kill board for bert and you can see how every expansion we end up losing another top raiding guild. We're currently down to just having three guilds, none of which have beaten an expansion in a long time.

So why don't I just transfer off to a new server?

I have a lot of friends here. There is no way we'd all go to the same sever unless DB merged us.
    Gosan Kai likes this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Lunacy Unbound beat RoS 2 months ago on Tunare. They just haven't gotten ahold of someone to get it updated on EGL.
  8. Geroblue Augur

Thanks !
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Any time! If I understand correctly everything should be able to pickzone from classic-TSS and from TBM-Current. That's my understanding anyway.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

the 1st time I remember /pick went live server was EOK but my memory might be bad.

so maybe when they added them for the new one time servers the code gets added to the live servers?

well I was saying EOK since that is the 1st time I used it they added it the that year.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-notes-april-22-2015.219770/#post-3205108
    - Created new option for players to switch instances in load-balanced zones with the new /pickzone command. Once a flagged zone reaches a threshold of players, it will start another instance of of the zone which you will be able to go to. The goal of this functionality is to help reduce congestion in starting areas.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Yimin likes this.
  12. Goodn Augur

Way to resurrect a dying thread...

...you do know the EQ and EQ2 code bases are very different right? They cannot keep instances from locking at the moment. Mergers should be the very last thing on EQ dev minds at the moment.

And they would probably move Vulak into Fippy...like they tried and failed last October.
  13. Yimin Augur

Easy way to do it , if Server A remains and server b is deleted then give everyone on server B a transfer token and six month to switch from server B to server A , After that all Characters from server B get a deleted ! If someone smarter has a better Idea I am open to hearing it ....Or like I have said be for lower the cost of transfer tokens ....

YiMin
  14. jeskola pheerie

Way to respond like a jerk and not even have facts. Vulak into Fippy merge was completed last year (with difficulty). There has not been a Vulak server for almost a year.
  15. Rhodz Augur

Hahahahahaha .... ahhhh merges... that will happen.
  16. Yimin Augur

Yeah its happened many times !!

YiMin
  17. Funk Augur

To avoid any and all problems associated with a server merge all they have to do is allow free transfer off of lowest population servers and shut em down.

Give notice, send out emails letting folks know the specific servers that are being eliminated and make sure Brekt is one of them! Everyone is happy. DBG saves resources, players are happy on new servers, no merge problems to deal with, much rejoicing and happiness throughout Norrath.
  18. Silver-Crow Augur

To be honest, I think the easy answer to this is to open up a true box live server with AOC's and allow free transfers to this server. Sure Phinny will be there eventually (mid 2020), but there's no server transfers allowed to this server currently.

The AOC's are a very powerful reason for a Raiding guild to move, and I think this could easily be the carrot to make this happen.

After a period of time, it should be just a case of seeing which servers are dead, and shutting them down. No drama, no fuss and the whole thing happens organically.

simples ;)
  19. Aurastrider Augur

This is far from an "easy fix" with your suggestion. For starters what happens to the people that take a break and come back? They come back to their toons all being deleted? Secondly a server transfer token will allow people to transfer to any server so unless they make a special one that only allows them to transfer to the merging server this could cause lots of issues if people get confused and move to the wrong server. Lastly what happens to housing? Entire guilds would have to uproot their plots and throw down new ones in their new world which could prove to be a major headache if say someone who did not own a house before reaches the new world before others who did own a house and by the time the original home owners arrive there are no available plots. To many bad scenarios come into play here with this solution for me to get behind it.
    Coagagin likes this.
  20. Rhodz Augur