Elegant Consigned Armor

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chaoslayer, Jun 1, 2018.

1. snailish Augur

Defiant shouldn't be in TSS period.

Doesn't matter when it was introduced (later iirc).

It trivializes all the in-era quested armor of the expansion, armor that for level 60 and below was actually quite good. Armor that has similar-level players doing quests in similar zones, while they level (if they want). Content that was really well done by the way, worth playing. Content that could have been left as the level 1-60 (if not 70) peak in gear quality until the next level 1 to cap expac (still haven't seen that, may never again).*

So for that reason alone (keep in-era content relevant) defiant should be at least one expac after TSS on progression.

----

*Defiant as tuned for 60 and below is a massive overcompensation.
  2. Sasser-See Street Performer and Shoe Dodger

Looking for a guild that raids at 6am est on Phinny.

These molds are really only available to toons with gear that can kill the named mobs that drop it.
  3. Catashe Augur

I'm surprised they didn't just patch the box and make add level to each tier the crate gives so instead of giving out the gear on 75.. give elegant out at 76.. so they can mooch some money out of people
  4. Prisim Lorekeeper

Defiant is appropriate on Phinny and is not game breaking. It's really alt gear. Bring it back for the 4th of July.
  5. Machentoo Augur

Intricate defiant is appropriate, and is still dropping.

Defiant was never supposed to be the best available group gear.

Elaborate defiant was initially introduced during SoF.

Elegant wasn't introduced until Dec 2008 during SOD, when top group gear was 500-600 HME, significantly better.

The elegant defiant available on the DBG store was three expansions too early.
  6. Glaedr New Member

Really, who cares about elegant gear. This server is slowing dying. Having sub par Tacvi gear from 5 expansions ago isn't giving anyone a competitive edge against current content raiders.
    Raytheon likes this.
  7. Mwapo Augur

Exploit early and often. Only way to get a leg up on this server.
  8. Raytheon Augur

Fools. The elegant gear in the marketplace was nowhere near "gamebreaking", and served as a way to get people on Phinny up to the point that they can play with the rest of the population of the server. These servers die when people keep insisting on keeping expansions-old roadblocks up and in place so that anyone new has to "earn their place" instead of just letting them play the game and keep the population rolling.
  9. Machentoo Augur

The era appropriate intricate defiant armor does that just fine.
  10. Raytheon Augur

I couldn't agree more. Such a non-issue.
  11. Raytheon Augur

Elemental planes level armor does not do that just fine. Seriously. Why do you care? How does it impact you how someone obtains armor whose power is 4-5 expansions in the past? Is is SO important that someone has to go to Tacvi to be able to maybe survive a hit in recent content instead of getting it via marketplace? Why does it matter?
  12. Raytheon Augur

To me, having it available via Marketplace has a secondary benefit to ALL of us of keeping the game economically viable from DGB's perspective by having folks buy and consume daybreak cash to catch up friends/newbies/alts.
  13. Machentoo Augur

I've explained, repeatedly. You do NOT need raid gear, even four expansion old raid gear, to survive group content. Having gear that is better than current era group gear eliminates any reason for non raiders to play through group content. That's a problem.

This is exactly what it did for me. My wife and I just came back to the server after a few month break. We have some poorly geared alts we were going to gear up with TSS group gear. $10 later, the need was completely eliminated. Nothing left to farm, no need to ever set foot into group zones outside of getting powersources for our raid gear.

I have no problem with giving players a leg up so that they can get into the current era content quickly. Intricate defiant does that for TSS, and if they want to sell that on the store, fine by me. I do have a problem with completely eliminating the need to do current era content. It isn't good for the game, it isn't good for new players coming to the server.

Either way, the devs made their decision, and they don't agree with you apparently. Not sure why we are even still arguing over it.
    snailish likes this.
  14. snailish Augur

Guess it depends what you want TSS to be. It's self-contained so not like the armor quests for level 20s and 40s can be easily moved back in era (and this would hold true for the higher stuff).

I lean towards "I have stuff to play for and work towards" being a bigger draw than "I can bypass all of this expac's content I was capable of doing with a marketplace box and/or global drops from baz"

To me, it seems contrary to the tuning done thus far on progression to smooth things and make them all "have their day" (of being valid content) to have any defiant during TSS. It cheapens TSS really.

Said differently: I doubt many would quit if TSS didn't have defiant on Phinny, because it does there isn't much reason to play TSS on Phinny for under level 70 content --a shame for an expac that is arguably the best 1-70 content in the game (or at least fresher than the other content for most of this range).
  15. Boze TLP complaint factory

Fortunately TSS has a bunch of quests to work on (e.g., Shield of the Otherworld/Charm of Lore/Wayfarer's are good for any toon, raid-geared or not) and some good augs to farm in FC/AG.

The thing that I don't understand, that I think drums up these threads and was pointed out pretty well in the thread about Exalted augs, is that we keep getting told opposing things regarding what in-era vs. out-of-era stuff we're allowed to have. Is TLP supposed to be an attempt at an accurate recreation? OK, so they take out the elegant defiant from phinny, remove all distillates from agnarr (which still blows my mind, what a huge/risky job that is removing that many items), etc. Is TLP supposed to be just a fun nostalgia bender? OK, so let the innate melee DPS AAs be in, let lower versions of defiant stay in, etc. Is TLP classic or not? We don't know because we get told both things based on what's convenient for the team. Personally I don't care, because I'm having a blast in TSS so far. I think if they gave us a clear vision for how they want TLP servers to play out, especially with so many of them now, it'd save them a lot of grief from forum-questing.
  16. Raytheon Augur

A problem for who? You? Then don't do it. Anyone can choose NOT to do something.

So because you made a decision that was bad for you, you now feel compelled to defend removing the ability to make that decision from other people, even though it's likely at least a good number of other people would not regret the same decision?

Please. There is still plenty of group content that HAS to be done for progression and what-not that has nothing to do with obtaining gear.

Like you've never beaten a dead horse on this forum.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Uh, no there isn't. No progression required now that the raids are defeated, new members can just be 85'd in and loot backflags.
  18. Raytheon Augur

So? That can be done regardless of gear. Again, if someone can make an alt, PL to 75, backflag and loot current-era raid gear, completely bypassing all group content right now, why do you care that someone can do so another way?
  19. Raytheon Augur

Also, just because your guild has completed raid content doesn't mean all have. As of last check of guild progression, only like 6-7 of us have on Phinny. Why's it always gotta be about you?
  20. Machentoo Augur

Every single guild that raids still has already obtained at least some backflag pieces. You don't need to have completed the expansion to start backflagging.