Elegant Consigned Armor

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chaoslayer, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Chaoslayer Journeyman

I really wish they gave us a heads up that this gear was only available for a limited time on Phinigel. I talked a friend into coming back to the game by saying it is the perfect time. We will be able to level you up and get you raiding in no time. Sure the Elegant is not was good as the 70 raid stuff but it is a good stepping stone to start raiding at 75. I got him to 69 and they removed it makes me feel bad for asking him to rejoin the game.
  2. Machentoo Augur

It is out of era and completely trivializes the group game. It needed to go asap.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

At level 75 you could pretty easily farm them the group gear in TSS or go back and do Qvic for some goat gear. Hell you can probably do Anguish with 3-4 groups now a days, likely less.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

Takes less than 2.
  5. Chaoslayer Journeyman

@ Machentoo, You don't use the large bags or mounts from the market place on any of your toons? Yes I can go farm gear to get them back in the game that is not the point. I asked them to rejoin because it was an easy time to catch up and they took that away without warning. Spells in PoK are out of era also but at some point if it is not easy to catch up you don't bring in new player.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It is pretty easy to catch up, as mentioned.

You just can't do it for station cash anymore. Have to play the game or settle for lower quality Defiant gear in Bazaar.

It was dumb to have 350 HME gear available in marketplace when that was top tier last expansion. Granted with awful focus and AC, but still. Probably was a mistake to be in the Phinigel Marketplace in the first place. There's a reason Elaborate and Elegant Defiant doesn't drop in game yet.
  7. jeskola pheerie

The op seems to be one dude with one noob friend, don't be elitist
    Msfit likes this.
  8. Chaoslayer Journeyman

Your right maybe it is just one dude bring someone onto the server that is upset about it and that is fine. I just find it funny that the response is out of era and needs to go but only to the stuff that they don't need. Sure all of the elegant gear is worthless to me so that is out of era and needs to go but click from bags and the upper half of the vet rewards they can stay I use them =P I'm sure we could go on and on finding things that are out of era to the original game during current expansions.
  9. Machentoo Augur

There is difference between quality of life changes and changes that remove any reason to do any content.

If they handed everyone full TSS raid gear for $5.00, that would need to go too, or no one would have any motivation to raid the expansion.

What they did with the elegant gear was the equivalent to that, just with group gear.

Click from bags is not even remotely in the same category.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and snailish like this.
  10. Chaoslayer Journeyman

It is a step down from OOW raid gear HP is a bit higher but AC, focuses, and clicks are below that. Very few people would trade the Ang armor for it. So big difference from being handed a full set of TSS raid armor. I am interested for you to explain how Veteran rewards that are out of era like the 9th year Armor of Experience are "quality of life" and not game changing on raids?
  11. Numiko Augur

It's gone from the marketplace?

Glad i bought sets for all my non raid boxes last night then!
  12. Machentoo Augur

I said it is the group equivalent, not that there is no difference. For people who do not have anguish raid armor, it eliminates the need to do any group content.

And I never said veteran rewards are not game changing on raids. But they do not eliminate the need to do the content altogether, as the elegant armor did. Veteran rewards have been either all on or all off for as long as there have been progression servers, and the only ones that aren't pure quality of life are 7th and armor. If they wanted to restrict those to the appropriate expansions, I am fine with that. But it would be a little nuts to restrict the true QoL vet rewards like the banker or the aug guy.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Me too, but I wish they'd delete it. But they won't since people spent $$ on it.
  14. Chaoslayer Journeyman

I was just pointing out that out of era is only an issue if it helps others. All the stuff you use is "Quality of Life".
  15. Machentoo Augur

Nope. I used this. It is out of era.
  16. Chaoslayer Journeyman

lol I don't use any of the consigned armor. I do see it as a good stepping stone to get started here with less effort. You use it but think it should go. I take that as you really don't know what you want and will let it go.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Think what you want, I've been pretty consistent in my position over the last six or seven years since I've played on progression. I will use what advantages they give me, because I am competing with other players who also will use those advantages. That doesn't mean I have to be in favor of all those advantages remaining in game. It's not inconsistent to be opposed to something on a macro level and still take advantage of it individually. It's no different than taxes--I'm going to take advantage of every tax break I legally can, even if I think the tax code should be reformed and some of them eliminated.
  18. Glaedr New Member

The problem here is they allowed a large percentage of the playerbase to buy the gear then shafted everyone who didnt reach 75 or didnt notice after weekend pass. That is completely unacceptable. Either no one should have it or they should leave it. They did the same dumb before on Cornaiv with the race change and on multiple servers with mounts.

I guess all the idiots posting about it constantly in general are to blame though, glad i xped all weekend and bought it all before they ruined it.
  19. Sasser-See Street Performer and Shoe Dodger

I think they should bring it back. It's very difficult to get groups if you're not in a raiding guild and aren't equipped in raid gear. At least bring back the 70 to 74 version. It made one of my toons somewhat useful again.
  20. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Until they can seperate out the level 75+ armor I doubt you will see it in the store. That being said isn't defiant armor dropping so you can still get the appropriate lower level versions?