0% exp at level 2...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Mar 16, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Killing a dark blue at level 2 yields 0-1% exp per kill.

Is this real life?

This is (with a bonus) exp! I'm really shocked to be frank.
    Boosi likes this.
  2. Tyche Elder

Fun innit? Get read to kill hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of mobs per level. Big reason people buys potions and krono for items to get any edge they can to speed it up.

Best to get in a group even at beginner levels and get extra %
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Yeah, it's bad. I had to double check to make sure the bonus exp had already started. I'll likely play a little bit over there, but Agnarr is still a better fit. Nice to see both servers loaded up at the moment though. And Phinny is holding steady, one notch back.
  4. Kahna Augur

Why are you even playing on Coirnav, you have literally done nothing but talk about how horrible it is for the last month.
    eepok likes this.
  5. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Have you seen these forums?
    eepok likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Are you stalking me?!

And I also complained about the Lucid Shard camps... doesn't mean I'm gonna skip VT. I'm here to play EQ. Unfortunately, there are some real boneheaded things going on right now.
    andross77 likes this.
  7. Mashef Augur

Clearly you didn't play on Phinny. It's about 4 hours to level 6. Enjoy your bogus exp server.
  8. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Sir, you will NOT speak ill of the "what exactly is everybody hyped about again?" server!
    Mashef likes this.
  9. Vandir Lorekeeper

Honestly the exp rate feels identical to Phinny (at launch, pre-GoD rate, not current post-GoD rate) except that they unlocked the amount of exp you can get from a single mob. So basically yellows/reds are now worth a ton, while whites and blues are worth nearly nothing (on an individual mob killed basis).

Note the word "feels" -- I did no rigorous testing. This is just my seat of the pants analysis. Exp rate is garbage, and forces you to box 2 mages.
  10. snailish Augur

Solo xp is pretty lousy on any progression server, but maybe this is my years of playing necro on various live servers (you get spoiled there, especially in TSS+ zones).

The low level climb I find tedious. Solo is the enemy. Group and prosper.
  11. Captain Video Augur

Every TLP launch has amazed me how some players beg to roll on an old-school old-world server, and then turn around the very first day and complain how it's a group game and not a solo game. Solo play would have gotten you nowhere in 1999, and won't be that much better now.

Find groups. Keel stuff. Git gud.
    Sikem likes this.
  12. Death Strudel Augur

XP on Coirnav is 55% of Agnarr. With the bonus it is still 80% of Agnarr. It's pretty awful, I think after 3 hours I decided it isn't worth any investment. (Based on solo xp, white con).
  13. Vicus Augur

4.5 hours to get to level 8. Chanter/druid/Wizard. Nothing special. Just hitting roamers in gfay. This is a server that has been advertised to enjoy the progression of EQ again. Not a buy a token instant level 50 server. Everyone just likes to complain. The forums blew up for an hour after the server launched about how horrible of a launch it was. After an hour it all settled down and now their are no issues logging in. You can even see the timestamp on the post and see that people stopped complaining after about an hour and half. They never even needed to bring it down. Getting the bugs out before people got off work and hit prime-time was a smart idea. Expecting perfection will disappoint 100% of the time.

Max level right now is 14 or 15, which means there isn't some special cheat hack that someone is abusing. Server is not for everyone, but they have been upfront about what the server has been about since day one. In the words of Alfred the butler, "Some men just want to see the world burn".
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

Already people nearly level 20 just nine hours in. It's not that bad.
    Critt likes this.
  15. Machentoo Augur

It's just a fantasy.
    Accipiter and Issk like this.
  16. Soon Augur

Honestly, I like the idea of slow exp rate. But not by lowering the experience gain on kills. Instead, increase the difficulties of killing things. Make it like GoD expansion. It is more fun than doing mindless grind.
    snailish, oldkracow and Machentoo like this.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Couldn't agree with this more, and don't understand why they haven't yet done this, after all this time. If you cut player DPS by a significant amount (hello melee dps aa's!), and put it back close to what it was in 1999, relative to current mob hp, suddely lguk can have 10 groups chain pulling and no one runs out of mobs, the pickzone system works because there are more mobs than 10 groups can kill before repop, etc, etc. Heck, do this, add an xp modifier so the total xp rate remains the same, give groups some down time between pulls once again, and EVERYONE is happy.
    snailish likes this.
  18. Darchias Augur

They haven't done this because it would be hundreds of hours of work, and it's impossible to affect a lot of the code concerning player damage on a TLP without also affecting Live. Keep in mind Everquest is an ancient tangled mess of code that, while they've made a lot of huge strides, parts of which still baffle the developers. They're performing the coding equivalent of archaeology every time they try and find a bug.

If they nerf Melee DPS, they also have to nerf Caster DPS (in classic, Necro and Charm DPS specifically, but also Wizards who don't mind sitting out of the latter half of Sky) or else they'll just kill off Rogues and Monks. They just changed the ZEMs of a lot of zones to help balance experience, and contrary to popular belief there isn't some single magic equation that will tell them the correct amount to change the ZEM to. It's a complicated issue that takes a lot of testing and math. Finally, not everybody would be happy in such a system. You would be happy, and while there would be a lot of people who would agree with you, I would wager it wouldn't even be close to a majority.

You don't pay Daybreak any more than the casual people who would be turned off such a change. Hell, you probably pay less since casuals often spend more in the in-game store than vets. Daybreak Games has to make as many of their customers happy as possible in order to keep the game alive, and I don't know how they're getting their information, but it's likely to be a more complete picture than myself or nearly every other person on this forum. While they might be unaware of the boots-on-ground perspective a lot of players would have, they do have access to a lot of aggregate data of player behavior, so if anyone is qualified to make decisions that affect the player base as a whole instead of a specific subset of the population, it would be them.
  19. Depo New Member

Caught in a landslide no escape from reality.
  20. Machentoo Augur

Nonsense. Make a new debuff ala motm and apply it to everything in classic through Velious or so -- 50% reduction of all damage. Make it go away once Luclin unlocks on a server. Done. They've already shown they have the ability to do it without it impacting live, and a mass update to every mob should not take hundreds of hours of work.