Jeweled Hoarded Worker’s Sledgemallet

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lianeb, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Lianeb Augur

Any chance of seeing the knock back removed from this item.
    Sadly an item that takes a raid drop to make, and can’t be used on raids due to this addition. The weapon already carries the inherent danger of using an AE weapon on a raid but with the knock back it is pretty much unusable
  2. Tiggold Augur

It's a toy, nothing more.
  3. Lianeb Augur

Curious what your logic is on this?
    There are 5 items all of which are best in slot when upgraded to the raid version, but somehow one is a toy and nothing more?
  4. Fohpo Augur

To be fair, some of the other items have situational affects too.
  5. Lianeb Augur

A situatioantion effect that does not make it unusable on raids. The effect and stats alone make the other items worth equipping, whether you use the clicky or not ie... best in slot
  6. Fohpo Augur

And anyone who can equip the hammer can also equip some of those... I'm failing to see how this is a problem. You aren't forced to upgrade it and if you do, you are knowingly doing it with the knowledge that it's situational. Anyone who's raiding should know when to and when not to use it, if you're on FV and buying diamonds, it won't matter because you probably aren't doing the events where it can cause an issue. Homogenizing the game and/or loot is stupid and takes away from player creativity.
    Sheex and Tiggold like this.
  7. Tiggold Augur

it's a toy in the sense that it is not the best in slot item and also it's a remake of an old Kunark era item that was used for the port alone. I can't see using it to raise my DPS, just as a toy. That's my logic.
  8. Fohpo Augur

Dear Tiggold,

People are stupid, I'm glad we found each other. I may need you to draw me a map with clues as to where this so called "tree" is in PoK.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Franky, I copied Earthshaker's effect and made changes. I didn't notice the tiny (1! that's small) knockback. I have no particular issue with removing it, though I'm surprised that an AOE is desirable in a raid, seeing as to how much I was yelled at if I miskeyed an AOE!
    I did plan for it to be a bit of a toy.
    I will NOT remove the fact that it is an AOE.
  10. Lianeb Augur

I will be very happy with that change, and understand the risks of using an AE on raids or groups just not the knock back
  11. kizant Augur

AOEs are always desirable on raids by DPS classes. It's the annoying raid leaders that don't always like it. I think they just hate fun.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Would be an excellent change removing the small push from the AE. There are times and places to use AOE things, yes even on raids.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It was those whiny enchanters and bards... always moaning on about "breaking mez" or something silly like that.
  14. Monkman Augur

Wonderful change if the knock back was removed! Thank you ngreth!!
  15. Fohpo Augur

Bring on the number mongering
  16. feeltheburn Augur

I see Tiggold's logic on the toy factor, if your equipping that on raids pretty much for the MOST part, lots of things are NOT going to end well for you or the raid. Plenty of events where you cannot AE, due to mezzing or effecting other mechanics of raids ( hello Crypt Robbers), which renders it moot unless you are going to use it while moloing or in group content, and even then your situational as well, ie if you have to continually swap it out depending on where or when you are, its a "toy", and I wont get into the fact of it not being best in slot, thats another discussion.
  17. Cleaver Augur

Not happy that the highest ratio 2h in the game is basically useless in most situations in the entire game. Cant use it in group because of CC, Cant use it in most raids because of CC,charm,fear. Raid Leaders dont like it when cleaver kills people :rolleyes:

Where exactly is this useful ? Its not in current content thats for sure.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

1 seems small but we proc a lot. And other people proc a lot. And small very quickly turns big.
  19. Lianeb Augur

There are 9 raids and 4 types of mobs that are mezzable in 3 different raids. One of the raids the mezzed mobs are kept away from the raid, so no impact. The other is 1 trap item in two other raids that when damaged, can AE the raid. That is 5 raids that the AE effect can be used with little to no consequence to the raid, that is not to say it’s inconsequential to the user.

Is there a better ratio 2h weapon in RoS?
    The mallet is 522/36
    Other 2hb is 503/36

Edit: sorry forgot about the raid with charm/fear but it also has traps so doesn’t change the numbers.
  20. kizant Augur

There's only 1 event in RoS raids where mez is important. If Cleaver doesn't want his proc you can give it to me!