Jeweled Hoarded Worker’s Sledgemallet

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lianeb, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Khat_Nip Meow

Mercy 37/567 (15.32)
    Veltar's Staff of Tranquility 23/352 (15.30)
    Phlogiston Great Sword 37/547 (14.78)
    Phlogiston Battle Staff 23/340 (14.78)
    Jeweled Hoarded Worker's Sledgemallet 36/522 (14.5)

Four 2Hers with a better ratio than this Sledgemallet.
    (Edit to add: In hindsight those are class-limited whereas the sledgemallet is not so I imagine that's what you're basing your statement on.)
  2. Monkman Augur

You left out the war/ber weps. It's typical for monk/pal/sk weps to have a better ratio than theirs. Has been like this for quite a few expansions
  3. Monkman Augur

And as a monk I'd never put my hands on this.. far too slow, definitely a toy for swarming in our case.
  4. Fohpo Augur

That's before T3 weapons (if there are any?) were reported, and in some cases if the ratio is close enough, isn't the faster weapon better for some classes?
  5. feeltheburn Augur

the point of it was consequence to both the raid and the user....not much use to the user either if the AE is going to get him an unwanted gang related death numerous times. Again too I didnt get into stressing on whether its best in class or not. Wasnt my argument there.
  6. kizant Augur

The proc does a small amount of damage and will get resisted 95% of the time. It shouldn't be a worry for killing charmed/feared players. The mez issue sure, but that isn't all that often.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

With out giving up trade secrets... see twitchtv/msdoogee

T1 raids:
    Cactuspuss: it’s fine as long as there isnt push
    End of Metors of Doom: bring the AE just no push!
    Gorowyn: no mezzing, charm etc to worry about, feel the rain! Again just dont want push!

T2
    4 Theiving Sarnaks of hatred: traps get hit we die and stuff... no ae allowed..
    Pepto ring of Madness: traps again! Omg traps! No AE!
    #Pallynation is dps: no push but bring the hammer of cupcake rain

T3
    Survior Island: ae cool for the most part, again push sucks, see the pattern here
    Jewerly looking dragons: no push, AE gtg
    Protect Clifford the Big red dog: minus a couple spots, bring it all but the p-push push it!

So as you can see the hammer is good except for really 2 fights. And really with a bandolier and situational awareness we are looking at a few mins each week you dont use it.

So yes, keep the AoE, ditch the push/knockback please.
    Warpeace likes this.
  8. Cleaver Augur

Its not just about mez. The AE will be a huge aggro issues with adds spawning.

Go play a melee dps class and see how long you live when adds spawn using an ae weapon. Good tanks or bad it wont matter you will get smashed.

Its pretty much useless in most raid settings.

The proc is pretty small anyway how useful of a toy would this even be.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

This.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Might not work for your guild but would work fine with mine.
    Slippry likes this.
  11. kizant Augur

Worst case, if you have agro problems, just use a bandolier and switch out until it's safe. It doesn't have to be any different than any other time you choose to AE. Plus there's only a couple events where you might get an add randomly popping right on you anyway. Most are timed or triggered or have to be pulled in to the group, etc. You may not want to use it all the time but you were talking like you'd never be able to use it which seems a bit silly.
  12. svann Augur

From the patch notes ae no longer kills coffins.
  13. Brohg Augur

I'm pretty sure I don't believe that, at least not entirely. Some kinda something occasionally cracks those for us faster than even the most dedicated troll could F8 & /op. The prima facie suspect is a AE melee attack from bst/ber, or AE melee disc from bst/ber/rog, who haven't paid close enough attention to event instructions or their own buttons.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  14. Maedhros High King

If it was just one player using the hammer, then the 1 knock-back wouldn't be a big deal.
    The problem arises when you have 12 or 15 melee using the hammer and facing various directions.
    Definitely a good change to remove the knock-back.
  15. Slippry Augur

70% of the melees in roi are AEing any time there's more than one thing on ETW. Unless someone has said "NO AES!" in the past 30 seconds, then it's only 5%.
    svann, Sancus and kizant like this.
  16. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Got a date on said patch notes, I looked thru a couple recent one and didnt notice or remember that note. Also I was only looking at event/quest notes nothing else. Thanks in advance. I do know AE’s and Drusella Vault coffins still blow the F up...
  17. Fohpo Augur

We definitely died the other night because coffins were blowing up.
  18. svann Augur

December 14, 2017
  19. feeltheburn Augur

still dont buy it those coffins still blow up.
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Thanks man, yeah that’s broken....