TLP Servers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Assault-Zek, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Assault-Zek New Member

So this whole time, every TLP server that has come about has been for the “bluebies”. When will PVP gets its first TLP server? Hopefully soon. Tallon, Vallon, and Rallos were highly populated servers when the game launched. Everyone loved pvp. It was a whole new exciting part of the game and competing for raid bosses NOT instanced was where guilds shined with their “above average” pvp tactics. If this is ever coming to Everquest i truly believe it would bring back A LOT of old school EQ pvpers. But it has to be the real deal. Can’t have instanced raiding. That was the beauty of pvp in the beginning. A guild goes in and engages a raid mob and gets it low and BAM another guild comes in, wipes the first guild and takes the loot. That was what made pvp fun. But even if it didn’t have non-instanced raiding I truly don’t think it would matter. It would just put a new, yet old spin on the game that I can safely say would be an instant hit. But enough catering to the non-pvpers. We want our server now. This new server coming in March makes it their 5th server? I can’t say honestly how many cause I have lost count but I can say the PVP community is ready for one. Consider this as I really do think it is a brilliant idea!
    Zek
    110 Rogue
    Assault the Lunatic
  2. phattoni Augur

pvp in everquest is long dead, get over it, there are tons of pvp games on the market.

if it wasn't dead zek would have more than 12 people playing on it.

and dev time is divided as is, splitting them even more for the 12 people that want to play unbalanced pvp is a waste of resources.
  3. Assault-Zek New Member

Unbalanced PVP? You haven’t played original pvp servers have you? Lol casters running oom and having to melee to death or run. Nothing unbalanced. Today however, is a different story. Yes several classes can ruin your evening with a push if a button but bringing a TLP PVP server would be a good idea. Just don’t be mad when you die. It is a learning curve. It isn’t afk friendly like all the blue servers. And EQ pvp is so much different from any other game. Your statement is invalid as a whole and PVP COULD be saved. Obviously you are not or never was a PVP player so this doesn’t affect you unless you choose to play on the server. EQ PVP never really got out of balance until after SoF. But I do believe this is a great idea and I intend on trying to get what I believe PvP players deserve.
  4. fransisco Augur

pvp in eq is a race to 1 shot the other. If you can't 1 shot someone, your just fodder for those who can.
    Its a waste of time.
  5. Assault-Zek New Member

It is going to be like day one guys. One shotting was never an option back then. This is the negative fredback from unskilled pvpers who could never make it on the server. It is DAY ONE. One shotting didn’t come into play until VOA lol. The server like all other TLP servers will be dead and waiting on the next by that time haha.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've been asking for a PvP TLP since they started making them. Assault is right early EQ pvp was pretty well balanced. Some of my best times were the early days on Tallon, I'd prefer to see a rule set like that. 8 lvl +/- with teams.
    Assault-Zek likes this.
  7. Assault-Zek New Member

Exactly bring in the light side, the dark side, and the neutrals. Make it like original TZ rules. Maybe do away with looting items. Maybe probably looting coin would have to go too. That would keep alot of the the people buying and selling kronos less likely to be deterred from the server. Or, would it balance the economy and prevent pay to win on this server. Idk could go for either way honestly I just want a fresh server from day one and it as highly populated as phinny and agnarr and just be full of adventure and ACTION. Not endlessly killing monsters. But deciding hey i want to stop leveling and go find some people to kill. The world would be full of people not just hot spots to level in. But out in the middle of nowhere zones would be populated to try to level without pvp. Also input the pvp leaderboards because that is a given (^_~)
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

With the normal 3 month unlock, it would only be at PoP in a years time. Again like Assault said before, 1 shot drama didn't come into play until long after that. Hell you could even cap it at PoP or even maybe GoD like they did with Agnarr and 1 shot would never exist on it.
    Assault-Zek likes this.
  9. Assault-Zek New Member

You had a bad time on pvp i take it lol. Is this Dojii? Lol like i stated before EVERY TLP server dies farely quickly. And within one year PVP TLP would be on its 4th expansion. You CAN NOT one shot. What do you not understand about this? One shotting never appears until Veil fo Alaris lvl 95. Which really makes me think you are Dojii. This server just like all other TLP servers will not last until then lol. You are skipping the big picture and looking back merely to the time you spent on zek AFTER VOA getting oneshottes. Not my problem. But you dont have to play it lol. In fact your negative attitude would be greatfully declined by any server lol. You should stop being upset with your past encounters in pvp and accept the fact that EQ is due for a TLP PVP server. With or without your prticipation, it WILL be highly populated and you just cant accept it:( I cant control zek and yes its out of control with oneshotting. But a TLP PVP server would not see oneshotting for at least 4 years and would be dead by then lol. PvP unbalances would not be seen until almost 2 years lol. These servers aren’t designed with the intent they will be around that long. Hence why there is 5 TLP servers now lol.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There were 3 PvP servers vs. what, 30+ "bluebies" as you put it. Not everyone liked PvP.
  11. Assault-Zek New Member

I never once stated everyone did lol. But those three servers were very highly populated for years. And all I am saying is one less blue TLP server and one PVP TLP server. It really is not that big of a request lol. DBG is just throwing TLP servers out like they are going out of style. One is all we are asking and when it proves a good investment of time, which I have zero doubts it eill. Then it won’t be the only one. There will be more to come.
  12. Tachyon Augur

I'd say prove it! Start a petition and get more than 100 people to sign it. That would be a start.
  13. Assault-Zek New Member

Prove what? The fact that the last five tlp servers have been non pvp? And rhat we should be getting at least one pvp tlp server? Itll prove itself thats what matters. We as pvpers definately deserve on and I can almost guarantee it would bring alot of old school rz/sz/tz players back.
  14. Tachyon Augur

Bring a guild back to Zek! Lets do it this weekend. Show DBG what we have. I played on Sullon back in the day and would love to see it but you've got to prove you have the bodies, not just the hot air.
    Niskin likes this.
  15. Assault-Zek New Member

You do realize that the majority of pvp players are forced to play blue now because of the way pvp has gotten outta hand. As dar as the numbers on zek absolutely not. However amongst all the servers I guarantee there are numbers and not just on blue servers but if they advertise it well enough it will bring back existing members to relive those memories they once enjoyed long before pvp got out of hand.
  16. Tachyon Augur

If you don't work to make it happen, that is why you fail.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It needs to be remembered that the game has changed a lot in the early expansions and pvp will be nothing like you remembered it was back then as there have been a lot of changes to players damage and healing that where not present at game launch but will be present on a progression server.
  18. Zamiam Augur

omg cant you post this in the pvp section or TLP section we dont need another thread on PvP ..
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Some liked pvp. Many did not. Hence the bluebie OP speaks of.

OP is literally asking for griefing to be a part of the game.

Some would enjoy that, there is already a server for them. All you have to do is create a toon on that server and away you go.
  20. Xezzt New Member

I started playing on Rallos Zek in april of '99, and I most assuredly remember getting one shot by Ice Comets on more than one occasion. Even 'raid' geared by that days standards, some people could not outlive 1 comet, and certainly not 2, if you didn't manage to gate or run.

Mind you, I stayed on RZ for a good many years, and I loved the community for the most part. The diplomacy involved, the added dimension of PvP, not to mention the all out wars we had outside Sebilis for example. I have never had such an adrenaline rush in a game, not before nor since.

You are looking back at fighting for content, which - in all honesty, can be great fun. However, it only took 1 or 2 people to disrupt a raid, it's not like you get even fights and brawls every time. More often than not, the only thing that stopped someone from constantly griefing was a GM showing up to remove them.The epic large scale (lag) fights that I remember were very few and far between.

I wish that the game today still had an element that forced you to interact with other guilds or people in game more. That affected the whole community and made them work together. Everything is instanced now, and made that much easier and convenient. Honestly, I hope any new game that comes along, remembers this. PvP is an added dimension that can bring so much fun to the game, and I hope more people get to experience it. I just don't think EQ has the balance or the possibilities, even in a TLP setting.

Xezzt_RZ