Increase cost of mercs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Intenso, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Agreed, that was likely an oversight but it was short enough nobody who could actually do the content should have been inconvenienced heavily. Now they drop plat loot.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I think you're wrong. They'll sell things for what they think they can get. In fact if they need the extra cash it may drive their prices down so they can be more assured of actually selling vs sitting on the item.
  3. smash Augur

However to say the price on mercs is not changed is wrong they have gone up like around 60%.
  4. Sagarmatha Augur

You obviously don't play, blue diamonds drop in almost every zone. They are one of the most frequently dropped items in the game, at an approximate rate of one for every two regular diamonds.
  5. Dahaman Augur

Geroblue, the people saying that blue diamonds drop commonly (every 3 to 4 mobs) must be speaking end game (or at least a much higher level game). They certainly don't drop at that rate in the zones your level 59 shaman is hunting.

Blue Diamonds start dropping somewhere around the mid 60s zones or so. Steppes was where they started to accumulate for me. Even then, they are more like a 1 in 50 to 100 drop at best then. Granted, mercs don't cost nearly as much then. At level 73, it's closer to 20pp per 15 minutes. One blue diamond goes a long ways at that level.
  6. Geroblue Augur

Yeah, they should scroll down and see my later response.

I don't have many. And I have less than 10 characters in the 60s range. I haven't played them, except one this month, for several years. And that was in Blackfeather roost.

Magelo has changed their character inventory screens. Now its just easier for me to load a character in EQ to see what I have in inventory. I noticed most things like diamonds and emeralds are in my guild banks.
  7. Millianna Augur

Any shaman who spent the majority of their time healing during the first 60 levels (during EoK) was special kind of shaman.
  8. Cicelee Augur

I have made over 4 million in play in the past two months simply selling collectibles from ROS. Which if you want to argue about diamonds/blue diamonds not dropping that is fine, but collectibles seem to drop like candy. I have also given away a bunch of them as well. And I have not yet even sold higher end tradeskill pieces or components, which I am sure I could make a couple more million if I wanted to (for now am just hoarding them).

So the point is, you can earn play in ROS. Takes having an offline bazaar mule and pricing your stuff appropriately, but no one should be without platinum...
  9. Dahaman Augur

They have done a great job on intertwining tradeskills (and collectibles?) enough to cause financial support to all levels (that I have played at least). I'm ecstatic to hear this continues at end game.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Only thing I did yesterday was finish off Crestra's in VP on a few chars:

$ grep "You have looted a Blue Diamond" eqlog_Smokebane_bristle.txt | wc -l
    All of 2018's logs, most of the loot I send to Smoke... almost 100% RoS zones:
    $ grep "You have looted a Blue Diamond" *Smokebane*2018* | wc -l
    April 2017-Dec 2017's logs (the rest are archived), this would have been split between all of my chars as I didn't bother consolidating loot to one char until recently. This is RoS zones for end of Dec and pretty much 100% EoK zones for the rest of it:

$ grep "You have looted a Blue Diamond" *Smokebane*2017* | wc -l
    They drop a lot.

They didn't drop in RoS until the January patch. They do now.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  11. Critts Augur

I think we should just force people to heale our box groups for 485 plat ever 15 mins...
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

who cares if its blue diamonds or not. the point is every zones has mobs that drop either common vendor items that are 15-30 pp and diamond type drops that can sell for 115-300 pp

Mercs already scale. they already have a plat sink mechanic and there is no purpose or good impact that increasing their cost will have.

I know that if My merc cost was increased I would be more hesitant about inviting people to group with me because I would need to make sure I got enough loot to pay for my merc.

I just am not sure why someone who is complaining about market prices would advocate a change that would make it more difficult for lower playtime and returning players to pay for their spells and gear.

Taking more plat away from those who have less anyways doesn't even impact the big spenders that keep market prices higher. they will just spend less plat and the market will lower the prices.. however the people with low volume plat now will be in the same position as before as you have increased their maintenance cost.

Your also taking away plat from these returning players that they could use to invest in tradeskills themselves.

If you want to bring down the market on attunable gear and tradeskill cost. you can start by allowing FTP to set up traders and barters. heck you can spend 30 bucks to make a character heroic but not a flag a ftp toon for broker?

Also they would need to revamp the tribute system make no drop items higher tribute values. ( encouraging people to sell attunable gear instead of tributing it)

Higher merc cost would create higher prices in my opinion. as tradeskill items are valued by how much pp it cost to farm and purchase ingredients. and guess what the people overpaying for goods now will still be overpaying on goods and that is who the people selling stuff is gonna try to sell to first .
    Geroblue likes this.
  13. Geroblue Augur

I don't have RoS expac. I have 21 expansions on my 5 accounts.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It sounds like you want more stuff for free, and I don't think DBG is in that business.
  15. Millianna Augur

This is a video game that you play for entertainment- it’s NOT a secondary source of income. It sounds like to me, that the OP made a bad investment (that stockpile of pp he has). He needs to write off that investment, not request the rest of the player base bails him out.
  16. Tornicade_IV Augur

You know DBG already has Broker tokens and they are not free. just not for eq.

Now I have over 12 years of paid subscriptions and pre paid for a year.

Perhaps if you were more informed on the product and how DBG works their broked you wouldn't make such a false assumption.

My preference would be to use 2 of my 8 character slots for offline traders.

Once again in context. a FTP player can pay 30 bucks for a heroic player. allowing broker accounts would generate fare more revenue as it would impact Subscription players who aren't willing to spend money on box accounts anyways.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I do not know about Broker tokens from DBG, so please feel free to enlighten me. I do not understand your repeated references to Heroic toons, either. Are you suggesting that DBG sells something that allows F2P toons to participate in the /baz/bar temporarily?

Maybe if you explain your idea better, I will see it's merits. As it stands right now, all I understand is that you are asking DBG to allow F2P toons to sell items in the /baz and buy items in the /bar.

EDIT: F2P toons in the /baz and /bar seem like an exploiter's wet dream?
  18. Geroblue Augur

I see no need for me to buy expacs I'll never use. It took me years to get a character to level 65. The most recent expacs cater to levels 90 and up. I don't play this game to zoom through content, I would find that boring.

I simply haven't the money to buy them. Occasionally I go all access on one account. I've been here since 2004, and I have paid a significant amount of money when I was employed.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I really don't see any need, either. Play the way that feels good to you! :)
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. Tornicade_IV Augur

seems you don't understand a lot.

Ill break it down. If the idea is to lower the cost of items in the market you do not do this buy increasing player maintenance cost which is what a merc is.
    What you would do is make items more commonly available and I gave multiple suggestions for that. you seemed to pick one just so you could attack the poster( me)

I actually don't feel the need to persuade you of anything.

EQII has a broker system and you can consign a broker to sell things for you. with a transaction fee. F2P and silver accounts can purchase broker credits from the DBG store for those transactions.
    YOu can also set up a Display case in your player house and those items list for sale 24 /7 regardless of what your character is doing
    people can purchase items from the broker and pay the broker fee or they can goto your house and avoid the broker fee.

Everquest currently has a housing system. The have the universal market system that can be accessed from anywhere

that's just one example of many where DBG has an offline broker system that F2p and silver accounts can use. I think that broker credits are about 50 DB for 10 credits.

With the ability to sell and buy goods while playing items are more common

Am I suggesting we use eqII systems? no I am pointing out that that with player halls and housing a similar system could be utilized in EQ

• offline trading while you can still play your character (making trader bags placeable 4-6 slots)
    • Tribute system that has higher tribute value for no trade items than tradable items
    • buyer lines that works the same way. ideally lowering the cost for tradeskillers to gather supplies which in turns decrease the cost of items placed in market
    Now of course there may have t be some limitations game performance wise such as perhaps needing to reactive your store once a day. You can also add cost to housing for those who set up a store/display
    I also don't get your exploiters dream/ I would assume that your talking about afk botters. those guys already fund their trader accounts with other peoples kronos.
    Kronos itself is the exploiters dream