This next patch will almost be like Christmas time!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Feb 12, 2018.

1. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Druids who want to can. The rest are not utilizing whats possible either because they don't know how or don't care to bother because they never asked for this and play a druid to focus on healing. But that doesn't change the fact that the potential is easily replicated by anyone who wants to.
  2. fortuneteller Augur

Fact is that priests/enchanter er now totally out of balance with the rest. And that need to be corrected.
    I-WANT-IT-NOW likes this.
  3. Cleaver Augur

DruidCT :) Lets not pretend you haven't seen druid parses in ROS raids. If a druid wants to and has the right support they can and do out dps everyone in every situation.
    mmats likes this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So you're telling me Druids are topping sustained parses in grind groups or raids that involve many trash mobs? Or are we just complaining about single boss burn numbers?
  5. fransisco Augur

Not really. They are saying they are jealous and druids nerfed
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Spellfire Augur

Yes it is and it's a problem. Priest classes shouldn't produce dps similar or better then pure dps classes.
    Sabreinah likes this.
  7. Karthanon Augur

Because there's nothing more 'everquesty' than being salty about parses and calling for nerfs of other classes. If there's anything that describes a crab mentality, it's this.

(PS: As a filthy casual I'm still salty about HA scaling and am waiting for the patch with great antici....pation).
    Tatanka and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Feznik Elder

You guys dream too much if you honestly think the developers are going to reverse the nerf changes in recent patches. Their not going to spend the time to fix anything appropriately. It will be a a "flip of a switch" type fix or a "turn down the knob" type fix, because well, it doesn't involve doing anything.

So expect something along the lines of exp reduction in HAs (turn down the knob). Whatever they do they will cause some part of the player base to suffer. So using the exp reduction in HAs example, they will cause people actually at the appropriate level for the expansion to get reduced exp from what it was.

Daybreak has never been interested in actually fixing stuff. The usual answer is we don't have enough resources.

Recent Proof: Fall Foliage turn down the knob fix.
  9. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

When people are calling for nerfs and using "class balance" as the justified reasoning.

[IMG]
  10. Cleaver Augur

That mission is getting more changes in the next patch. We should see test notes this week showing it.
  11. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

You guys can argue all you want you're either unaware or just playing dumb. A druid was never meant to have the capability of doing 1,000,000 burst dps or 260,000 dps for 1000 seconds or toss out 170,000 dps for 800 seconds of combine group trash. And I know these are not the caps to what is possible.
  12. GoneFission Augur

But maybe the rains weren't really to blame.
  13. Skvoid Elder

There is no way that a priest class should be the best dps in the game, I don't mind if Druids can do 60 70% of a pure dps while healing and providing ADPS, but when they are the best dps in the game while healing and providing ADPS it's simple broken.
    I have seen 340k dps parses over 1000 seconds by the way from Druids and 900k burns
    mmats likes this.
  14. DruidCT Augur

Every situation where they aren't needed to heal and "have the right support". If you can find a way to nerf those conditions without effecting the "normal" sustained DPS then that's fine with me. Thats all I am trying to say. Nerf all my dots and give me a way to regain mana at a sane rate, fine with that too. Turn blistering wrath into a longer dot with less dmg per tick, ok there too. I'm not saying it can't be tweaked.
    mmats likes this.
  15. DruidCT Augur

16. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Yeah, druids shouldn't be able to <insert arbitary line>

Druids should only be able to <insert arbitrary line>

<Insert arbitrary line> was not the way anything was ever intended, because I said so and my opinion is the most valid of all of the opinions in opinionland.
  17. DruidCT Augur

At different points in EQ history we have been 1/3 to 1/2 a wizard. So aside from the 1 million bursts (I don't know what a full wizard burst is) it looks like we are more or less in line with the high end of that range and without the ability to harvest. So I'm good with addressing the big bursts but those other numbers seem plausible. My group has a wizard and he typically is twice my DPS (my group is light on adps). Modern DPS is high across the board, even my warrior can put out some numbers sometimes.
    Well, we shall see what DBG does and that will answer what is "intended" or not and then it just becomes a matter of opinion. Should just be glad for the extra DPS I would think. I am jealous of melee DPS, I've seen a rogue just come in on a named I'm working on and just rip it up. I suppose I should just get some caster adps into my group.
  18. kizant Augur

If individual opinions are meaningless then lead by example and stop posting yours.
    Skvoid, Spellfire, Mordeen and 2 others like this.
  19. mmats Augur

They regularly top the charts in raids for sustained and burst dps, provided they are given the same support that a pure caster dps class would get.
    Face it, either wizards will get the best base heals in the game, or druids will see some nerfs. I suggest you keep the suicide prevention hotline handy (1-800-273-8255).
  20. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion