No XP back from rez at 110

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by isabot, Dec 14, 2017.

1. smash Augur

Do not agree it could have been handled faster. It is something that needed to be tested big time, as not to light a huge fire, while trying to put off a small fire.

And yes, imo the level thing was small, it is not that people could not do anything, while waiting for the thing to be corrected.
  2. Toomba Elder

3. Warpeace Augur

Once it started you would loose xp every rez. It did not stop when you went back to 109.
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

This is correct, I think to better explain to those that didn’t understand this fully.

The bug was there, 90% of the folks knew going into 110, the other 10% were the first ones there that reported it, thank you btw!

I consumed potions and used glyphs and lessons to get to 110 asap. I then didnt stop to AA I keep pushing into 110, 109 sucks fyi to those not there yet. We had raids on sunday night, fully knowing as a tank i am going to die, and die alot. I got up 68% into lvl, and that was with dieing like 3 times. I was hoping on raids I had enough buffer to maintain 110, but I didnt. No matter what type of rez, you didnt get any exp back, so now I finished the night at 109. Actually more like 109.97... but nonetheless I had to have a separate buff spell and tank spell line up.

Bugs happen, we know this, some just suck. It was reported, it got fixed and now we can move on. Now the shoulda coulda woulda, hit 110, get 7-10% in then I should have spent the next day or two just grinding AA’s.

I’m not asking for anything back from DB, but it would be a good gesture on their end to compensate those affected.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That does make it worse. I wasn't aware of that detail.
  6. smash Augur

Pretty sure that was not true. Have friend who got 110 then died to 109 and he did get the xp back from doing rezzes then
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The "inflection point" for each race/class combo was likely at a different spot.
    Niskin likes this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

:rolleyes: Pretty sure if you had the bug you would know the XP loss did not suddenly stop because you reverted back to 109. Thanks but it happened to me and I can verify what did happen with my XP bar.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

this thread is still a thing?
  10. Thraine Augur

Yep, i spent the last 5 days making other people pull cause of the high cost of a death, i lost 35% reg exp in 2 mins in the skyfire raid, i dinged 110 4 times .. you bet your a$$ this thread is still a thing =)

I know this has to be a PR nightmare, but its not our fault the devs give us a a broken game to play and then take a week off.
  11. feeltheburn Augur

my reply there was I thought it was fixed.....I know you had a rough go of it :)
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Don't be an . How did they fix it in the first week if they were on vacation? You chose to raid knowing the bug existed and that you were likely to die a lot. You still got to do what you wanted to do, it was just harder because of the bug. I'd totally get this outrage if the bug started at 106, that would affect a lot more people, a lot sooner, and a lot more often. It would hold up advancement greatly.

But what happened here was some people hit 110, died, found out there was a bug, and then continued like they didn't know there was a bug. You could have turned on AA exp right then and there and lost nothing. You didn't. Now you want reimbursement when you made the choice to increase your losses. Nobody should have lost more than two deaths worth of exp on this, unless they were continuously affected by the bug after it happened when no longer 110. It seems not everybody had the repeat issue. It's likely the threshold differed for race/class combos so it's probably not even a continuous thing. Rather that some people hit the threshold late in 109, and were never losing enough exp to drop below it and get normal rez's again.
  13. Thraine Augur

hardly an outrage, i didn't use all caps or a single exclamation point :)

But yes i could have stayed at 109 and weaken my guild during progression, that was my choice. and i chose to do the right thing and be 110 for progression raids. The game was broken for a few classes for a week .. i never said vacation or whatever, but tuesday to tuesday is a long time to go without exp rezzes, sorry if my displeasure with EQ atm is making a bad impression on you Niksin .. ill try to keep your feelings in mind next time i make a post ;)
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Well it came off as over-dramatic. And just for reference, "taking a week off" means taking a vacation (from work), but not necessarily going on a vacation (to a destination), there is a difference. You insinuated that they did nothing for a week, so I called you out on it.

Tuesday to Tuesday may be a long time to go without rezzes, but it's not that long for a bug to get reported, fixed, tested, and deployed. This was first reported on Wednesday, it was fixed internally on Wednesday. It was pushed to Test on Thursday. Then it went live during the normal patch on Tuesday. So you can see why I took issue with your "took the week off" comment.

You chose to be 110 for reasons that are valid, but it was still a choice based on what you wanted to do. The bug was fixed quickly in terms of how long bugs take to get fixed. Not quick enough for somebody who wants to raid the first week, but that's not what determines how long something should take.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  15. Duhbeast Augur

Some of the over this minor bug in my opinion are ridiculous. Although as a hybrid ogre beastlord, I wasn't effected by it. The folks saying all hybrids have no idea what they are talking about. If you look at the big picture, most people will be max level and AA by Mid January, so you have all year to be capped out and not have to worry about exp. Or are you going to complain about getting all that exp that goes to waste because you're capped? Get real m8's.

[IMG]
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  16. Thraine Augur

yeah i know they acted as fast as they "could" but for a bug that is so detrimental to a handful of classes at such a critical time .. i mean its kinda like dropping your car off on friday at the garage hoping itll be done by monday and they give it back next friday, and you lost a whole week, im sure you wouldn't be thrilled about it.

will we all get over it? yeah of course we will. but i gotta say this was the roughest bug ive ever had to deal with in EQ lol
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Exactly, it didn't effect you so your opinion is not really valid here.
  18. Duhbeast Augur

I said that because people were saying it should have effected me. If you had read my point, it was that even if it effected me, it's literally negligible.

[IMG]
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, you dinged 110 on the 12th?
  20. Thrillho Augur

I set a goal of hitting 109 on day 1 before raids, and had that attained within 3ish hours of server up. Yes, there were 110s on day 1. If you were prepared for it, the grind wasn't difficult.