Test Update 09/12/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Kinadorm Augur

Shaman Bugs:
    - When casting Fleeting Spirit AA now both effects instantly fade. Also, even if it worked correctly the duration listed is too short to effectively use the charges.
    - Spiritual Rebuke AA was instant cast and had a memblur component. This new AA is missing both of those features and is now just a copy of what Paralytic Spray was. If it is just going to be an AE root then it makes more sense to leave it as Paralytic Spray instead of calling it Spiritual Rebuke since it now does nothing of what Spiritual Rebuke did.
    - Roar of the Lion was changed to less than half the duration but the mana cost was not reduced to reflect this change.
    - Paralytic Spore was only removed from the shaman class and replaced with nothing. Why was that?
    Elyee and Infinite_Karma like this.
  2. lamsai Journeyman

jesus calm your ,they are probly revamping stuff for the upcoming expansion,new AAs and spells for that
  3. Larsupial Journeyman

Were there not enough enchanter corpses littering Norrath? :p

The Scintillating Beam thing is kind of a bummer. It would be nice if it was accompanied by a shorter cool down of Beam of Slumber. Meh, I'll adapt either way.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wrong
    J
  5. Randragon Augur

Dzarn said:

Thanks for looking into that Dzarn. or Ngreth.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Please don't unless there are 2 hot keys available 1 for self and 1 for group. After a death I don't want to be getting agro from buffing someone else in my group who is alive and fighting.

Can we get more spell slots then? as using the spell will be better to use than AAs created so we didn't need to mem the spell.
    Which drake do you plan on using? If Kerafyrm will we finally get a drake which looks like Kerafyrm which was promised when it was introduced?
    umm why? Fire has always been wizards most reliable spells to land. Why are we changing wizards after 18 1/2 years.

/cry
    Infinite_Karma likes this.
  7. Dropfast Augur

Please revert the Shaman AA change to roar of the lion. Their is no good reason for this what so ever. Roar of the lion was meant to be an upgrade to the Puma lines, so why the hell are you making it to where it's not even worth casting? Nerfing it back to a 1 min duration is one thing but now they won't even be able to keep it up all the time. What's the point of making a Puma / Group HoT combo spell if you can't even keep them up? That's just silly, their was nothing wrong with it the way it was. The mana cost for Roar of the Lion is also huge, if your going to nerf the duration into the ground then the mana cost needs to be greatly lowered.

Their is also no good reason to "consolidate" the shaman VP / PS lines. These each had their good uses. One was single target knockback + root, one was AE knockback + root, and Rebuke was just knockback. All of them had their uses. Is this new version going to have 2x faster recast then? If not then again your just destroying good abilities for nothing. Why are Shaman getting hammered so hard with nerfs yet Druids are allowed to top raid parses?

Also, I'm hearing the new Stun/Snare/Atk de-buffs from the monk attacks are now being resisted all the time. I saw your going adjust the resists on the new resonant strikes but I'm hearing the resists on the De-buffs was also messed with. Can you please look into that. Again, their is no point to even having these abilities if they are going to be resisted all the time. The old versions very rarely got resisted. Their seems to be an ongoing theme now of adjusting old abilities resists to where they get resisted all the time now, thus making them worthless. Let's stop with this terrible theme, please and thanks!
  8. Ethereal Augur

I'm willing to pay money for an extremely useful feature. I love how because I'm willing to do this, you assume it's because I knew it was an exploit. Why would I risk my money if I knew it was going to get nerfed, that's a very silly argument. Recognizing value =/= recognizing an exploit.

I'm mad that Daybreak posting nothing about this being a bug. I stated that many times. They should have stated it, but instead choose not to (still haven't really), because they're making a KILLING on people buying it.

They should have made a post, especially since they made a huge mistake. I'm sure if they made an announcement on this, a lot more people would be pretty upset. Which is why I'm sure they aren't.
  9. Fian Augur

Did the bear mount say it would work in doors? If it didn't, then you had to know that it was a bug that might one day be fixed.
  10. Funk Augur

Do the people who are destroying the game even play the game? Or is this one of those "we thought it would be in your best interest to nerf and consolidate things without even having a clue about how the game is played" deals? Just another player who isn't happy at all with our Developers right now.
    Hiladdar and Infinite_Karma like this.
  11. Funk Augur

Obviously the bear mount was a small oversight and an easy fix. The bulk of this thread is about the extreme lack of foresight our developers seem to have, almost as if they do not even play the game they are flipping upside down...
    Infinite_Karma likes this.
  12. feeltheburn Augur

are you folks truly in tune with what your changing and doing here? abilities that were RARELY if ever resisted are resisted all the time now? I mean all due respect are you trying to show people that you have left the big gaping EXIT sign that you are printing with this patch? idk maybe its me but I think some of you really need to jump into and play the game some, seems alot of arm chair quarterback decisions are being made and implemented here.
    Hiladdar and Infinite_Karma like this.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yep.
    Take away stuff we had, so we have a reason to buy it back...
  14. YellowBelly Augur

Are you devs really going to nerf Quiet Miracle and VP? Those are the only AAs that made me even remotely able to step foot in a raid setting using my cleric. I urge you to reconsider this.
    Lorai, Metanis and Borias like this.
  15. Hiladdar Augur

Don't fix what is NOT broken.

From where I sit, the only thing in this patch that is being fixes that was broken was using a mount indoors. Mounts were never intended to ridden indoors. But I do not believe that doing this fix this late in the expansion makes sense.

Based on the comments, I can only conclude that the changes rolled out in this patch agitates players. I know I am.

In addition to the comments posted regarding this patch, most of them negative, the only question I have is what else will unintentionally be broken with this patch only to be revealed after a firestorm of flames after this is rolled out to live?
    mehtsenob likes this.
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

Both the mount and the gyro were not working as intended for quite some time now.
    Those two items aren't being nerfed, just simply fixed.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Grasping at straws here... but next expansion really will have a level increase? Which generally does increase our raw power considerably. Trying to keep that a little under control?!

If that is the case... now would be a GREAT time to announce said expansion with all the gory details. Right now this looks pretty sucky.

Hopefully that's not really true... they're not THAT big a deal just for raiding. That said, Quiet Miracle will be relegated to group only pretty much. It's been made pretty useless by this change.

Come on... it's a mount. They're all outdoor use only. It's a bug fix. It's being announced here, just like every other bug fix.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Gnomeland Augur

Oh, I can quite confidently say that the changes are not hitting their subscription numbers very much, because Everquest is a business, and businesses aren't in the habit of driving away customers. From this simple fact alone, we can guess that the nerfs, etc., don't affect subscription much at all. Otherwise, they'd have stopped doing them a long time ago, once they've figured that they're losing large amounts of customers with each wave of nerfs.

We can also safely say, I think, that the developers, as human beings, would rather be praised, than criticized; and that it doesn't make sense for them to bring both more work and more criticism to themselves, unless there was a reason to do so. Thus, the idea that the developers are just nerfing classes for no reason, or because they get pleasure out of it, is probably wrong. Chances are, developers introduce nerfs because they perceive a game balance or business need, and would thus only respond to people who can, with evidence, prove them wrong.

Threats to quit, etc. are not constructive, and also, from past experience, not believable.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  19. svann Augur

While you are at it please see if you can add kick to bard armor. BP, helm, arms, and gauntlets.
  20. Thrillho Augur

I know you guys have only had kick for a day or two now, but you kick with your legs / feet, not your head! :D
    svann likes this.