Test Update 09/12/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

There's a difference between apathy and acceptance. You should really chill out and stop being so negative.
  2. Infinite_Karma New Member

Soooooooooooo .. sounds to me like you're getting ready for work?
    [IMG]
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Unfortunately I am just going to have to ignore you Infinite_Karma. I'm not interested in any sort of negativity and it serves no purpose here aside from creating arguments between players. There's more than enough of that both here, on social media and in game as it is.
  4. Azorin Journeyman

Necro - RB is now useless - I tested and it only works on our 2 lifetap DD spells that are rarely/never used. Please refund and give us something useful.
  5. Cleaver Augur

Not a bug but you took away AAs from people who already purchased them. If you're not all access you cannot just rebuy the AAs back you have to spend money to get AAs back you already had.
  6. Goodn Augur

You probably want to reply in the Live thread and not the Test thread...
  7. Password1234 Augur

Did we ever get an answer to any of this? I do not understand why so many unrelated, seemingly random things were consolidated in this patch and I don't think anybody understands what the point of it all was. I just want to know why!
  8. Arcos Lorekeeper

This is a bug from an old update but still not fixed yet. To finish Plane of War progression you must complete the task Edmuund's Plight. It was broken and missing a ground spawn and noted in the bug tracker as ...

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1395?jql=text%20~%20%22Edmuund%27s%20Plight%22

The ground spawn was fixed back in May I believe but it was not linked to the script correctly and when you pick it up now nothing spawns (mobs should pop that are required to progress the task) and you have no way to get update and finish. Without the task working there is no way to get further access or progression. Still open on bugtracker in the link above.
  9. Absor Developer

Found and fixed internally. Should be fixed with the next update.

A
    Janakin and Prathun like this.
  10. Natal Augur

It will vary from mob to mob, depending on their specific atk rating. On a lower level mob where you might be mitigating more, then loss of stance defensives would affect you more, but on more difficult targets the effect will be less. So, trivial mobs will be less trivial while challenging mobs will be about the same (in general). This is not a big deal, unless your gameplay revolves around mass killing easier mobs. You need to remember that these changes were made to correct the situation where mobs were tuned in current content for the tanks they were going to face, which meant that non-tanks got screwed due to the stances. This corrects that, obviously in preparation for the next expansion, where the tankability balance between classes will be restored to the sorts of ratios it more traditionally was at.

I don't see this as a bad thing for the overall health of the game.

And for the record, I play a warrior as my main and these changes do not bother me in the slightest.
  11. RangerGuy Augur

I don't think you're grasping the changes. Note I am not for or against them just pointing out what was what. But people will see more incoming damage where ever they hunt a loss of 8% mitigation is a loss of 8% mitigation. A few people have already explained and shown that even gaining 500 raw ac has little impact these days so the 26% boost to softcap has little impact on incoming damage on its own. Its like when rogues pleaded for some defensive help and they got an AA that boosts their parry rate and were told that should do it but in game its 1% boost aka it doesnt do anything remotely helpful.
  12. segap Augur

Well, it did nothing remotely helpful because it was coded to use Block (which rogues don't have) instead of Parry and it took them over a year of being told so to finally fix it.
  13. RangerGuy Augur

Its nothing because of how tiny it is. Even if its a flat 1% added you would never even notice it but I believe its adds 1% to their rate some something like 1% of say 6% which means you might parry one extra time in like once every 1000 incoming hits aka it does nothing as far as helping meaningfully.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Ok, two things:
    I am all for letting "non tanks" not be so-called "paper tanks".
    (even though the term is misleading - the japanese paper armor was VERY good!)

If you play a tank though and are saying that these changes "do not bother you in the slightest", then i think you are leaving some serious parts out of your equation!
    Yes, we can still tank and cope with the change.
    BUT it makes our life, the life of our healers AND ESPECIALLY the life of those of our fellow players that are still trying to overcome certain events that much harder, if not outright impossible until another "power-up" from the new expansion.

Now shame on us for even daring to think that this might be at least one of the reasons for this nerf - that they want to sell back to us something we had already had.
    Even if we assume that's not the case and it has to do with "balance", it's done the wrong way and hits the wrong people.

Now, sadly i do not have much tanking experience on my group-geared Paladin and Shadowknight yet.
    Much less some meaningful numbers.
    But on my max AA'd and geared raiding main, the "before-after patch difference" in the GROUP game is very much noticeable by my merc's mana.
    And i am not even talking about 2h stance but mostly dual.

Sure we can "cope" on raids.
    With "we" i mean the top guilds per server, that have enough healing and tanking power.
    But even though, the reduction of block alone IS noticeable.
    Especially since on raids AC isn't the determining factor anymore, once a tank is halfways geared.

Naturally, a nerf of the tanks increases the relative tankablility of the other classes.
    And the AC boost helps them, while it doesn't help us.
    (it may help the grouping Tank but not the raiding one)

But if i feel the change, then probably so do the lesser progressed/geared tanks.
    So yep, all in all - and NOT looking at my own present situation - i am VERY worried, not just slightly.
  15. Ichorids New Member

Well i have been playing since the beta and here is my vote for the daybreak developers im voting with my money cancelled subscription!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im done with everquest
  16. Ishtass Augur

Haha, not a bad troll but you gave it away when you forgot the 16 exclamation points on the last sentence. 8/10
  17. High Voltage Augur

Oh no!!! One of the most famous and valuable members leaves the community. I will miss your posts - oh, wait!

You only cancel one subscription? That's quite lame, usually folks unsub somewhere in between 3 and 6 accounts. It just looks way more impressive, 'ya know?

Not sure if EQ will get any better without you, but for sure it will not be worse.