Who will win??!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Ootax Augur

Wait so OGC exploited to zun and still lost? That's pretty bad. Did they kill either key event? And I guess for the next 8 weeks we are going to hear about OGC membluring open world mobs? This is part of the reason I was all for adding MOTM on this expansion, along with how easy it is. At least with that they couldn't memblur. Hopefully DBG watches both these guilds to make sure they don't exploit anymore, gets kind of old hearing when you can't beat stuff the way it was originally designed just to try to get an edge on someone. On a side note, gratz to AoS if they beat it all legit.
  2. Thorondor Augur

Nobody could beat GOD as it was originally designed. Zero guilds beat GOD as it was originally designed. Zero guilds beat GOD as it was designed on the second pass, zero guilds beat GOD as it was designed on the third pass. Zero guilds beat GOD in era, not even one guild killed tunat in era. And zero guilds even got to see him as it was originally designed because uqua was unbeatable as it was originally designed.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Cool story
  4. Trotts Journeyman

Yea, while this is kind of true as someone who was in the cutting edge of raiding in era during GoD, I'll take the steamroll version. Yes it's going to feel really good mowing down this crap without all the poorly tuned c-blocks in the way.

Honestly though, not to just throw SoE under the boss, some of this content was just really hard to figure out back in the day. The script in Uqua felt very nuanced and was hard to follow, same for Inkutah and some of Txevu. A wipe took hours to recover from and you were left wondering what the hell you even did wrong. A large part of the 'easy mode' factor here is definitely the wealth of documentation we have to walk us through these events now. People just had no idea how they worked back in the day, i remember us talking to all of the other guilds working on Uqua before anyone had beaten it and everyone was more or less scratching their heads at how it was even possible and what we were doing wrong.
  5. Ootax Augur

Thanks for that 2004 update, did you figure that out on your own? Seriously how did you know this? I'm mean it's not like it hasn't been posted on various EQ related sites for the past 13 years. You must be exhausted with all the research you did to find this out. Thank your for your contribution.
  6. Thorondor Augur

Yep it wasn't so much Barxt that was the problem once uqua was returned, but the gas chamber and other nuances leading up to the Barxt fight rather. Inkutua wasn't too bad once we got to curscaller and noqufiel: one shotted both of those encounters once we got to them the second or third time through inkutua
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It's a shame DPS and Mitigation have inflated so much since 2004 at the same level with the same AAs. So many of the event mechanics you can simply burn your way through like Ikkinz 2/4, Uqua, Inkt'uta etc.
  8. Ohfuggle Elder

Non-factor confirmed.
  9. Montag Augur

I didn't know it, it was useful info to me. :)
    Ohfuggle likes this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Pikallo and Astral64 like this.
  11. Astral64 Augur

The Asylum of Shadow has a few spots open to fill! Gear is more or less not an issue as we're rolling in it.

If you are capable of following instructions and playing your class give us a shout @ saguild.org or speak to any of our officers in game. (Execute, Shelston, Bobbybic)

You only need to maintain 30% RA for full membership and there is plenty of fun to be had whatever time of the day you're on!

We are currently in GoD farm mode preparing for the Omens race. It is hard to match the thrill of the race in EverQuest these days. Come experience it for yourself!

Great race everyone! Looking forward to the next one!
  12. Brumans Augur

I was checking out the video, and it looks like he does Tipt, then the 3 group Ikkinz trials...then they're in Uqua? It looks like he only started to do some of the other events.

What happened to: Martyr's Passge, Temple of the Damned, Summoner Ring, Pit of the Lost, Crumbled Sanctuary (looked like he did the combining portion of this one though)?

I'm guessing some more stuff has been made optional (like Sewers and Vxed were)?
  13. Mwapo Augur

I miss it. Kind of. Forumquest is almost enough for me.
  14. Astral64 Augur

Yeah those bits are only needed for the BiC quest line. You do not need them for raid progression.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Correct, it turns out that a large portion of the Kod'Taz progression is no longer (or never was?) required for GoD Progression provided you do hails/turnins in a specific order.

Kevren sends you to Tublik for multiple quests simultaneously and I believe if you begin Pit of the Damned you lose the ability to go straight to Crumbled Sanctuary as Tublik will get stuck in that questphase.

It is very possible that this was simplified when Vxed/Sewers was also removed from progression in an effort to streamline the expansion years ago. Those other quests ARE still required for anyone seeking to finish their BiC quest however.

You can also start Uqua as soon as you gain access to Kod'Taz. KT Progression is just required to request the Ikkinz raids.
  16. Astral64 Augur

We all miss you Mwapo and pray daily you get the itch again!
  17. Brumans Augur

Ah, excellent. So is progression now just:

Tipt -> 3 Ikkinz Group Trials -> Crumbled Sanctuary (aka, 4 frayed flesh scraps, turn in, craft sewn flesh, turn in, pick up 3 glyphed flesh in the group trials, turn in) -> Ikkinz raids 1-3 -> (normal progression from here on out - making Icon of the Altar, ikkinz 4, uqua, etc)?

Our guild isn't familiar with GoD, so we're just going off of guides, trying to make sure we're doing the proper stuff. Digging more on ZAM, it looks like it was probably always this way, and some of the guides we were using just weren't super clear.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Correct. You can also do Uqua before Ikkinz 4 and vice versa, you just have to do both in order to zone into Qvic.
  19. Brumans Augur

Excellent, thanks! That'll save us some time for our casual scum guild :).
  20. Silentchaos Augur

No, definitely not.

One of the biggest advantages we have is the SoF mitigation/dmg changes, people had those when UF/VoA were current. We have additional damage changes that should make melees in UF/VoA better than they were and casters in UF/VoA worse than they were (right now both are better since casters aren't using discs yet, those got completely gutted recently), overall net about the same.

The other huge advantage we have is we're far more geared than anyone else ever has been going into GoD. Everyone was fully tower geared going into UF and fully T4 geared going into VoA, so that won't be an advantage either.

Also, for both those expansions you have to farm keys in each tier of raids several times before moving to the next tier.
    Agrippa likes this.