Add a delay to /pick abuse

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Jun 6, 2017.

1. daffie999 Augur

Assured because you worked on the code? As a developer I can assure you that *I* could add a lockout timer to /pick abuse. We do see "easy" changes break games all the time, so no guarantee there... but to say that it would be some big undertaking is a bit much.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

lol
  3. Xandollf New Member

Something like it you kill a boss/rare mob you're locked into that instance for 1.5x the zone respawn time. I've noticed many of these mobs have flags already for achievements. Add a date/timestamp column to that table for "last_killed" and "zone_pick".

Not saying it needs to be done but it's not incredibly difficult to pull off.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Dear OP,

NO!

Sincerely,
    Filthy Casuals
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

Username does not check out.

Other than that, I agree.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why would you think I'm not casual? :oops:
  7. Rhodz Augur

Ah wouldn't know wasn't claiming to know.
    Just saying enough with gimping the rest of the game due to the GEB camp and the like non-sense cause it sure aint about anything else.
  8. Gemini Syringes Augur

When zoning into a new pick, a personal X minute timer starts. Mobs engaged before this timer has expired will give experience, but no loot.
  9. Rauven Augur

The only change I would make is a sort of level checking.

For example you cannot use /pick to change to another pick if you outlevel the zone. Like if you're in Crushbone, and are like level 25+ you have to use the main pick.

It wouldn't help people picking around like they do now in zones like SolB or Lguk, but it would curb some of it in other zones. And as expansions are released, it would help more and more zones. If farmers want to bounce around picks, they can do so, but have to keep their characters lower (which means they aren't bouncing around in higher picks without leveling another character).

Makes it more work, more time. Time means more krono/sub time. Daybreak wins.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

How would limiting someone to 24 /picks a day ruin anything? then add in delay after that being reset each day?
    I mean I hardly use /pick more than 3 - 4 times in a day so I'm just wondering.
  11. Phlyn New Member

So people who want to bring their buffbot to level cant? or you cant get a rez for your character?

i'm just coming back to EQ with agnarr, i have not seen the KS/rare camping (i haven't been looking either).

but trying to find an open camp where my group isn't KSing or trying to push another group out of unrest is already hard enough. I've also had issues where another camp was constantly training through us (unrest main room) and we needed to train out. I dont want to have to take a 20 min break from leveling because others cant handle their camp and i have to /pick back to my camp too many times.

i get what you're looking for but it would kill the purpose of /pick
  12. Rhodz Augur

People legitimately use it far more from time to time so why would you impact them?
    Yesterday it took us several picks to finally get a camp we could use in Crushbone of all places.
    Just because the TR is open in most of the picks does not mean level 7s can do it.
    Things are wonky enough as is
  13. Rauven Augur

Clerics and Paladins can rez. If you need one, ask one. If you need buffs, bring a shaman. You don't need two groups to do single group content.
  14. Bubbabutta New Member

To me it is always seem like there's a simple solution here 5 minutes or less if you don't attack or kill anything if you do kill anything 15 minutes or more problem solved for both
  15. Gana Augur

I imagine a simple fix would be (as others have suggested) to make the /pick user appear at the succor point. They would have to clear (though, more likely if they are douchey enough to KS, they are douchey enough to train) to the camp. It won't fix the problem, but it will limit it more.
  16. Wowjustwow Elder

Honestly, I think the best solution is to make it so if you kill something in a pick, you are locked to that pick for X amount of time (like 30 min or whatever). This allows those looking for group to pick around searching for a group and makes it so one person/group can't monopolize a spawn/area in multiple picks.

It however doesn't prevent the kill stealer who is picking around watching the PH get killed by the local group and skipping to the next pick but it makes their life harder. If a group sees a KSer picking like this, all they need to do is mess with the spawn cycle or let that PH stay up for a little while; at least until the KSer is sick of watching it.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Yeah lets design this whole function around you guys and the thirst for Kr.

You pick in and some random mob agros, now you are stuck in Unrest or where ever for how ever long these krono hounds wish or teleport all the way across the WK or whatever game wide. woot

Hey I have an idea!
    Disable /pick in LG and Sol... leave the rest of us alone.
    Frankly that would just be funny right there.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It should be closer to killing a rare mob ph / or rare mob gives you a /pick lockout of spawn time + 10 minutes.

This prevents someone getting stuck by just killing a random mob.
  19. Kahna Augur

Or, just leave it alone.

Because it's actually pretty hard to hold multiple picks from a true group rolling in. Keep your mobs down and people /picking around wont be able to take your mobs. Oh, and stop being so nice. If someone is camping the same mob in 3 picks and you want one of the camps. Take it.
    Rhodz likes this.
  20. Rakete Lorekeeper

An option would be: 5min pick cooldown remains the same unless you engage/kill a mob. If you do, your pick cooldown is equal to the respawn time of that mob.