my raid is removing mighty buffs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Original Citizen, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Joesnellenberge Journeyman

You guys are like Lance Armstrong trying to explain why you cheated. We get it. You won some races. But you cheated. Your little twitter bot with ShowEQ, your Sarahconnor monk in sanctus seru... Give it a rest. You had to cheat to win your elf sim. Your guild is the laughingstock of the server.
  2. Glowerss Augur

TBH the part about the open world spawns bit cracks me up the most. Congrats on wasting a lot of time getting low quality loot that pretty much nobody cares about and will be replaced by the real loot in time?

Assuming AOS survives until GoD, are we still going to be hearing about you getting the majority of that sweet sweet Cragbeast Queen loot too?

You guys are going to need to find some new material, because the time of open world mattering at all is pretty much gone.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

Well as entertaining as this has been to read; I'm left wondering if this is really possible or not. Might have to grab another BST and try it on something old/pointless just to see and add another bug report if so.

MoTM is a joke right now, that much is true, but one wonders if this was possible with other dot lines from other classes. Its not like SV is special in any way spell-data wise compared to other poison dots.
    Scorpion Venom
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 10
    2: Decrease HP when cast by 242
    3: Decrease Hitpoints by 194 (L61) to 516 (L67) per tick

Venom of the Snake
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 7
    2: Decrease HP when cast by 50
    3: Decrease Hitpoints by 107 (L34) to 259 (L48) per tick

I'm not worried though, I have faith that DBG will fix this by nerfing our ability to levitate over water as it was never intended as a method of bypassing swimming.
  4. Gnog Elder

This post will fall generally on deaf ears. Confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance are just too strong.

Those of you accusing AoS of exploiting beastlord debuffs to remove mighty buff are getting bad information. The mighty buff stays on throughout our fights. Most times we don't even have two beastlords in the raid.

Those of you suggesting that AoS disbanded any Time runs due to wiping, or brought 72 mains to kill TT, are getting bad information. It appears (somewhat amusingly) that OGC has a spy within AoS who, unfortunately, is so confused about what's going on in the guild that he reports bad information back to OGC. Then OGC takes that bad information and talks in general chat or on these forums. It's like a game of telephone played by a group of mentally disabled children.

Those of you saying it is stupid to kill open world targets in this era (minis, elemental gods) because that loot will be replaced by Time loot are just salty. By the same logic, nobody should bother splitting Time or clearing Time on lockout because that loot is going to be replaced by GoD loot anyway. Heck, we might as well stop playing on this server altogether because, eventually, the server or game will die off and all of this will be irrelevant. When gear from the elemental planes is no longer relevant, AoS will presumably stop making effort to get it.

Those of you saying it is lame to commit a lot of time and energy to accomplishing things in a video game (whether to win a progression race or a loot acquisition race) are the funniest of all. You care enough about all of this to take the time to post on these message boards, yet think it's credible to say other people should devote less of their time and energy to the game. Nobody would suggest it's silly to compete in the games of golf, football, or any other sport just because they have been around for more than 17 years. So too here. You play the game, you know the rules, and--to the extent you care about competing in progression or loot (it's fine if you don't)--you're not winning. Just be okay with that. EQ is a fun game, and Phinigel lets everyone raid and progress on their own schedule. So just enjoy it, even if some other group is progressing more quickly.

Anyway, I'm sure this post will fall mostly on deaf ears. But for those of you who aren't just OGC trolls and who are looking for a guild that enjoys playing EQ at a high level (the highest level?), you should consider putting in an application to AoS, and definitely should not be dissuaded by any of the nonsense you see in this thread or on these forums. It is just a mix of motivated jealousy and confusion.
  5. Atabishi Augur

Did you just skip to the end of the entire thread and decide to write a response? You do realize this thread was started by an AoS member falsely accusing OGC of using an exploit because you guys were salty about not being able to split time? Not the other way around.

This troll thread followed pretty much the same time line as any other AoS troll thread. You have a member make a new forum name, make a false accusation, then have other members with new forum names come in to join, everything eventually gets turned against you because generally whatever exploit you are accusing someone of using, you guys have been using for a while, you are then trolled back to oblivion while you attempt to save face by calling everyone else in the game no life neckbeard rmt'ers who live in their moms basement, when in reality you are only describing yourselves. Did I miss anything?
  6. Inquiz-Povar New Member

Atabishi, you shouldn't talk trash on the guild from whom you've bought your characters =x
  7. MabbuPhinny Augur

Why not... you know that disability check isn't paying the bills, and your mom is about fed up paying for groceries for her 33 year old son who still lives in the guest room. That's the cats room you inconsiderate .
  8. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

say what you want about Atabishi, he'll always have his juggalo family.
  9. Qelyn1 Journeyman

I personally don't have an issue with people trolling and making accusations against the guild, mostly because they are almost always false. But what I do find annoying is the rhetoric that we don't track open world spawns, because that negates all the real hard work that our officers put into doing just this.

Special shout out to Astral and Bobby, you two do the Lord's work. Seriously, these guys never sleep, and without them we would probably lose a lot more targets than most people realize.
    Taladir likes this.
  10. Joesnellenberge Journeyman

They refuse to acknowledge and address the elephant in the room. No one cares if you kill every open world target from now until the end of the expansion and beat every guild in DPS races.

You cheated (showEQ). You exploited (Saryn door, etc). You're all laughingstocks. Nobody cares about your OGC parody accounts that you're making to draw attention away from your own BS.
  11. Joesnellenberge Journeyman

Are those the guys that run the ShowEQ twitter account? It looks like a data dump.
  12. Qelyn1 Journeyman

They are two dedicated individuals who keep track of when stuff dies so they know when it might spawn, and then run around and personally check if it is up. They take time away from whatever personal stuff they might be doing in order to help benefit the guild as a whole.

But feel free to keep trolling. <3
  13. theonetheonly New Member

Man, I had to register just to join in on this thread.

As an outsider, the hilarity of this is that you are accusing them in your first point of doing something that literally every guild at least in the top 10 on Phinigel does to some extent or another. The difference is, for most guilds: tracking software for open world doesn't matter because they don't really have a shot at it anyway. Instead, they just use it to monitor pulls and respawns, check camps in xp zones, check for named in instances and picks, and other trivial inane crap. Even if they do, who cares? Every one of your guilds has folks who do the same, and to suggest otherwise is comical. The number of people who bee-line for named pops even all the way down to the tier 1 planes is quite telling.

Re: the second point: I have no clue if they exploited the Saryrn door or not, but farming a Saryrn key isn't exactly all that time consuming. It's a difference of a few hours at worst, and they beat the second guild to Quarm by two days. Not nearly a grievance to the magnitude of... say... skipping Emperor keys (day(s) of farming) and winning by minutes. If you want to complain about something, complain about servers crashing and shutting down DZs, screwing guilds out of flags.

With that said, both guilds raid an inordinate number of hours that I don't really have interest in being a part of, and employing questionable tactics... but who cares? If you want to live in a glass house, I don't recommend you throw stones. Otherwise sit in your instances and enjoy your competition free loot. I do. It's relaxing. Try it sometimes.

While we're talking about elephants in the room, though... can we hear more about this bowing and kissing rings for odylic vials? Is this for real? Is there really someone on Phinigel so narcissistic that they force their loyal subjects to bow and scrape (literally) to gain access to the plane they themselves carried their fearless leader to? That's the real news, here. There's more deflection in this thread on this topic than a Spicer press conference, and it's probably the most interesting bit.
    MaxTheLion and Bolten like this.
  14. Warlorf Augur

Wow, this is still going. Im impartial in this whole thing, just observing and have noticed that there are more accusations in this thread than Deflategate had. I bet Tom Brady is even reading this.

The mom's basement stuff and neckbeards etc is mute, we all play the game, so any terms like that affect everyone really.

My one and only question is, Why does it matter who got more loot, or dispelled MoTM, or whose sister is hotter?

Its all an EPEEN contest and its no secret that you guys/gals in OGC and AOS dislike one another.

This reminds me of my server back on live, need more Cowbe..... err Popcorn!
    Taladir likes this.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

Personally I couldn't care less about the guild drama here. I'm far more interested in this bug. I do not believe, if it exists, that its limited to Scorpion Venom just based on spell data. So I would GUESS that other poison dots cast simultaneously (if thats indeed what causes this problem) would result in removing MoTM as well.

This isn't really an issue on phinny anymore, as any guild who can't beat PoP stuff with 10% motm.. should really reconsider their strats, but it could be a huge issue with any upcoming TLP servers. (say being able to strip MOTM off vox, naggy, CT, inny, and all the Sky bosses).
    Warlorf likes this.
  16. theonetheonly New Member

I feel like drama here doesn't even compare to what my live server was like. There were so many more shady accusations and mudslinging and intentional progress blocking when instances didn't exist. Many guilds were happy to get the scraps of two expansion old content, while others trained, KSed, and went out of their way to kill worthless mobs like Grummus and Bertoxx just to keep other guilds out of time.

Nah. This is just two guilds who will do whatever they can to try to shoulder their way on to whatever pedestal the other is on while the rest of the server looks on and thanks god that agents of change exist so they don't have to deal with the BS.

This perpetual power struggle will eventually burn out when one of the guilds does, and I doubt any other takes their place. Until then, i'll summarize the arguments:

AoS beat Quarm first, so they're #1, but they corpse banked and exploited Saryrn, so they're not actually #1.
    AoS beat MOTM quarm first, so they're #1 again (maybe).
    (insert 2-splitting arguments)
    OGC triple splits time, so they're #1 because they get more loot.
    AoS raids with significantly fewer active raiders, so even though they don't get more loot directly, their loot per member is greater. They're #1.
    OGC will eventually quadruple split time to squash this argument.
    AoS will eventually triple split time, making it valid again.

It will ultimately be an arms race to who can waste the most of 100+ peoples time once or twice a week (or every 6 days) as they do content with fewer and fewer people present in each raid. GoD will release and the cycle will repeat itself with nearly 100% predictability.
    Warlorf likes this.
  17. taliefer Augur

not only that, he made us kiss our monitors while he did a /point emote to simulate kissing his ring. photos had to be posted to proove you did it before you could get the vial to combine our time keys in
    Gencat and Warrior007 like this.
  18. Ootax Augur

You two guilds are sad. No one cares who has the most loot, who has the most open world kills, etc, etc. If you're racing in an mmo the only thing that matters is who beat the end content first. This expansion was AoS, Luclin it was OGC. Why even bicker about most splits, open worlds? The only thing that proves is how many boxes you have not how great of a guild you are. And if you have that many boxes where you can 2 or 3 splits something you really need to stop playing this game and get a social life because you obviously lack that. Basically all you guys are arguing about is who is the bigger pixel nerd. Great accomplishment in life! Now carry on...
  19. nicemace Journeyman

ease up on trying to act all educated if you don't know how to spell the words. the point is moot.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  20. nagash101 Augur

Wouldn't it be awesome if DGBs actually introduced this exploit on purpose and they have been tracking its abuse for months just waiting to bring down the BAN hammer.