my raid is removing mighty buffs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Original Citizen, Feb 18, 2017.

1. taliefer Augur

this would require them caring about the integrity of their game. That only flares up once in a while, like bad joint pain. Then a higher up comes with some ointment and some story about loss of accounts, and it goes away.
  2. Machen New Member

Yes, intentionally luring a significant # of their paying customers into having their accounts banned would be a great plan. That is, if DBG is looking to go bankrupt.
  3. taliefer Augur

they actually DID do that in the not so recent past (hello "cazic thule") on ragefire or lockjaw, i forget which
  4. Machen New Member

I was there for it :p And it wasn't a significant # of bans, like 2 people as I recall got perma banned over it. Most just got a suspension, and even most of those were reversed from what I remember.

And that was more of a test of idiocy than anything else.
  5. Atabishi Augur

6. MaxTheLion Augur

The greatest part is the majority of members in these two guilds have no qualm for each other. You can easily pick out the few people that continuously try to fan the flames on these forums. One person will claim the high road against another but then come on here to defame the person they are saying they're better than; the complete opposite of what moderators are telling them to do - "keep it in game".
    Dadcop likes this.
  7. Astley Augur

8. Atabishi Augur

im just here for the dank memes
  9. Astral64 Augur

This guy gets it.

Since we're being real for a minute.. I enjoy my time spent with all of you. Phinigel wouldn't be the same without the vibrant community we have all built together. There hasn't been anything like this in EverQuest for a long time.
  10. Warlorf Augur

@nicemace Oh sorry spelling , Im sorry my spelling wasn't quite up to par to your liking. pound salt little one.
  11. Healbro Elder

For the record I'm an OGC member and over the past week or so I've had several really friendly convos with AoS members and most of them agreed that they don't really have any personal issues with OGC or any other guild as I don't really have any issues with most AoS members. There's a lot of smack talk between the guilds but I feel like most of it is harmless trolling. I fully admit to taking part in it myself but its all in good fun from my perspective. Both guilds have good and bad players nice people and douches just like any other guild in the history of Everquest. AoS did cheat/exploit to beat us in the PoP race and the whole server (except them) acknowledges it. But I still got love for my fellow EQ'ers ;P
  12. George_IV New Member

Just like the whole server (except you) acknowledges OGC cheated/exploited to beat them to AHR.

Stop making excuses. You lost. Good luck with LDoN and GoD.
  13. Healbro Elder

I'm not too sure dps racing for planes rifts really counts as cheating/exploiting. I can't say for sure cause I wasn't there but sounds to me like u just got outsmarted. I am however quite positive corpse banking and that saryrn door crap is exploiting.

No?
  14. Nukem New Member

Really gonna forget the fact OGC pulled Emp to zone in?
  15. Atabishi Augur

Why do you always conveniently leave out the part how AoS exploited in to emp room on day 1, in the first couple hours, and were caught by a GM which is what caused them to close out all current Ssra instances so they could fix the exploit, creating all kinds of problems for the entire server? This is an unarguable fact, AoS were caught by a GM exploiting in Ssra day 1. I'm sure we were receiving the same GM monitoring during our first Emp kill as well. You also always conveniently leave out the UNARGUABLE FACT that you guys ran straight to Aten's room without clearing anything in VT in hopes of beating us after our ENTIRE clear of VT. You guys used multiple major exploits during Luclin to try and win the race, just like you did in PoP. Fortunately GM's happened to catch one of your major ones which then forced you guys to try and work as a guild, which in the case of Luclin, you could not.

No troll, 100% real talk, I'd honestly like to see you guys give an expansion launch at least a mostly honest go and see how successful you can be. Your exploit in to Saryn's room, an already known exploit, I didn't care about at all. If you guys were able to figure out tricks behind closed doors that weren't widely known tricks/exploits, I wouldn't care about that at all either. If that were the only thing you guys did, I would have considered that an honest and clever go and congratulated you guys on winning the PoP race. The corpse banking of that many toons, mostly DPS ones at that, was probably the biggest exploit I've seen for an expansion launch since I've been on this server. In my eyes it instantly negated anything you guys did in that first week of PoP.
  16. Healbro Elder

Like I clearly stated in my last post. I wasn't there so I don't know. Even if that's true though. Are you implying that's an exploit on the same level as corpse banking 1/2 your raid to lvl 65 in an hour while the rest of your competition was 61 for the first 24+ hours? Not quite the same thing in my book :p
  17. KPW99 Lorekeeper

Way way more, yes.
  18. MaxTheLion Augur

You're the kind of people I dislike. Some people leveled to 65 this way but HALF the raid? Give it up. Your complete nonchalant exaggeration of things make everything else you have to say pointless. You're shooting from the hip because you dislike people and provide no real facts.
  19. Atabishi Augur

It definitely wasn't half your raid, but I counted more than 2 fg's. I'd say closer to 3 groups worth of people, mostly DPS classes like the 3 lvl 65 wizards with 24k mana burns. There is a HUGE difference having 3 groups of lvl 65's in your raid vs full raids of 61 on new expansion launches where mobs are high enough level to make lvl 61's get almost fully resisted. I'd be willing to bet 3 FG's of 65's alone could out dps a full raid of 61's on a lot of the pop bosses. I noticed you guys also made sure to corpse bank a couple lvl 65 warriors and clerics, obviously scared that your tanks weren't going to be able to handle it.
  20. JethroGibbs Journeyman

I believe that they didn't exploit Ssra day one so much as keys just weren't necessary to click into Emp's room in instance on day 1. But that really is neither here nor there.