Merge the majority of servers.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wgrace45, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Wgrace45 New Member

People will protest this post, but those people don't know whats good for them.

Look at the home page. Look at how many empty servers there are. It is ludicrous.

Just do an enormous merger. Frankly you could merge all the way down to like 4 or 5 servers and still be a low population game, but at least it might feel like an MMO again. Ignore the boos and disapproval and just do it. MMO communities are like children, they need to be ignored sometimes and just do whats best for them in the long run and they will thank you later for it.
  2. Imak Augur

They can't manage to keep a server stable as is. I certainly don't want 15x the ludicrous unreliability.
    code-zero, Miss_Jackie, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  3. Samatman Augur

I'm not sure what the advantage would be. More people with "Name+x"? More people to add to my ignore list? I find it fairly annoying when I zone in somewhere and find someone else already in the zone. What they should do is redefine population levels on the server status page so that 200 people = high pop.
    code-zero and moogs like this.
  4. fransisco Augur

They don't know whats good for them because
    Please, tell us what we should want and think.
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think server mergers would be good once they fix the server stability issues. There are enough low pop servers (relatively speaking as all the servers are low pop) that could be merged with the higher pop ones.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Troll +1
    Nolrog, fransisco and Scila like this.
  7. Xikteny Augur

• Merge all servers
    • Activate TLP classic raid instancing on live
    • Enable static zone load balancing (/pickzone) on all zones
      • enhance /pick such that the level of the players in a zone as compared to the zone's intended level is taken into account when opening new /picks (ie the presence of very few high level players in a low level zone causes new /picks to open)
    People will still complain that no one groups with them though.
  8. Forcallen Augur

Please make sure Drinal is not in the "majority of servers" as we don't want a merge, thanks!
  9. moogs Augur

Yes. Debate settled.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  10. Derd Augur

Just leave things alone. Coming to my server just means more people I won't group with crowding the places I don't want them at.
    code-zero and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  11. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

merging would be easy basically each toon could have of <server> then no need for x behind name.
    merge the entire population on one huge server, per rule set and be done with it:)
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  12. Xanathol Augur

Ironic.

BB needs no merges at all.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Cleaver Augur

Should just enable load balancing in all zones and merge them all into 3-4 servers.
  14. Hellboy007 Augur

I think servers are fine. i dont like 24x7 over crowded servers.

Though would be cool if you could have a sand box sort of server that could could log on and play.

For example if its a dead time of day or whatever you can go to the sand box and play with others from other servers. anything you gain (Loot/Exp/Lockouts etc.) there is mirrored to your server.

probably impossible but would be neat.

dont say it already exist ("Test Server") =P
  15. Intenso Augur

mega server one server? guess they could when normal zones pop up instances now when full ;p
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Forget merging AB, just give us a server that works properly!

Oh and increase the /pick in EOK zones 96 is a stupidly low number! 120 is better but still not enough when there are 137 real players doing ancients!
  17. MrMajestykx Augur

18. IblisTheMage Augur

Merge all trolls into one big troll.
    Issk likes this.
  19. moogs Augur

So you're asking for a monster mission raid: 40 foot troll vs froglok players. Dev team, make it so.
  20. AgentOfRage New Member

Do people still play on live servers? Holy crap.