Out of Era Tomes/Discs on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PhinnyDetective, Jan 12, 2017.

1. PhinnyDetective New Member

[IMG]

These are all Dragons of Norrath disciplines and seem like they would be pretty overpowered in Planes of Power era.

Is this the new defiant armor? I would like to know if I am at risk if I buy these tomes will Daybreak be removing them from me and/or suspending me if I am in possession of them?
  2. Baldur Augur

3. Progress Augur

I could copy/paste the information I sent to devs regarding this exact issue before Phinigel was even launched. I even explained what discs and what drops were used to make it. But as they allowed it in game anyways I assume it was good-to-go.
  4. Tudadar Augur

People are still running around with the claim bug permanent mount buffs so if these do get changed it might take a while. I think its unlikely.
  5. taliefer Augur

They also don't even really need to be removed. While out of era, yes, these servers are t an exact recreation as is. And the level 61 versions of these disciplines are balanced for that level

The only DON spell line that is truly overpowered in the low level versions is the shaman puma line, which is already removed
  6. Kiani Augur

There were out of era spells available in kunark, and they did change the combine to be era appropriate. I hope this gets seen by the right person to change these combines too.

None of these can be used yet, since they're level 61, so if they remove the existing ones before PoP opens, nothing will be unbalanced.
  7. -wycca Augur

Dunno, I'd say Leopard Claw is pretty powerful.
  8. Jaime Lannister Augur

There are lower level versions of these available for use right now.

For example I have Tome of Guard of Piety (lower level version of humility) scribed already.

Leave my Ghetto Defensive disc alone though damn it!
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Dragon Claw is a better nuke than anything rangers get in PoP.

Lol
  10. Tullian Journeyman

So can we get some input from the patch crew on what they plan to do with the DoN tomes ? Would be something to remove before PoP launches before people can use them. If you plan to block the recipes that would be an idea but the ones being made in bulk by people and sold in the bazaar should be removed too.
  11. Machen New Member

It's been a known issue for 5 years now, since Fippy/Vulak... Good luck getting a response. Although who knows, they have fixed a few of these.
  12. Tullian Journeyman

Yeah, I remember fippy and they did fix a lot of them so this is way I was trying to bring it up for the ones remaining
  13. Catashe Augur

that'll never happen.. they never removed all the out of era spells that people were making before they "fixed" the recipe.. They'll never remove the tomes
  14. Machen New Member

Wonder how many are making the investment in melee research right now. Especially since it is never, ever going to be of any benefit again after this unique opportunity!
  15. Tudadar Augur

Depends what people think the lvl 61 spells will sell for in 2 weeks. Id guess a lot of people will want mage air and necro pets.
  16. Machen New Member

Those aren't the ones on the table here.
  17. Tudadar Augur

Its the same rare regent for both
  18. Machen New Member

Yes, but one is researchable and the other isn't as far as I know.
  19. Tudadar Augur

Yeah. Would have to wait 2 weeks for pop launch to make the spells.
  20. Machen New Member

No, won't be able to research pop spells in 2 weeks. Only these don melee spells, because they are bugged.