Out of Era Tomes/Discs on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PhinnyDetective, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Tudadar Augur

Well considering you could research luclin spells in luclin I think your wrong.
  2. Machen New Member

Always a possibility.
    Tudadar likes this.
  3. Catashe Augur

Well CONGRATS you got all spell research nerfed hard that besides 1-50 its all but pointless to raise now
  4. PhinnyDetective New Member

5. Catashe Augur

6. Baldur Augur

What does this even mean?

Which recipes? Why 3 expansions after the spell is available?

Does this mean all the kunark spells will be the only spells researchable in PoP?

Again they take something like this, where all we wanted were the out of era recipes marked in the appropriate era, and make a sweeping change that no one wanted.

If this is the case then it makes research skill worthless.
  7. Catashe Augur

Basically, Kunark spells will be researchable in PoP.. Velious in LoY(if LoY counts as a expansion otherwise LDoN)..

But I agree its beyond overkill.. ESPECIALLY considering how COSTLY it is to raise Research in the first place...
    Omart likes this.
  8. Mashef_8013 Elder

If they don't remove the already crafted spells/discs that don't belong the entire server is borked going forward. Half the population will be OP...effectively killing interest in Phinny and spawning yet more desire for the new server with a better rule set.
  9. Lanadorm New Member

There is a reason
  10. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

The reason being "The Everquest Team never wanted tradeskills to be a viable in-game method of acquiring era-relevant gear/skills/spells, and thus anything that seems remotely interesting given today's game mechanics has to be nerfed into oblivion and never looked back. The only purpose of tradeskills should be to be a time and plat sink to keep OCD people busy".

Sure it has always felt like that for those of us that do tradeskills.
  11. Lanadorm New Member

no, thats not the reason...
  12. Catashe Augur

Well why don't you tell them oh mighty New Member
  13. Healbro Elder

If they're going to make it impossible to get them in the future they should remove ALL of the ones that currently exist. Allowing people that already have them to keep them is essentially the same as if they had just ignored Claimgate and allowed people to keep all their defiant and crap. I know there's rumors of people still having some of their claim stuff. I've yet to see any proof. But even if some people have some stuff they did get rid of the vast majority of it.
    Toodles likes this.