Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. formercustomer New Member

"A few" LMAO!!!
    Disappointment and Numby like this.
  2. Frenzic Augur

Aww come on! You didn't even leave my funny post up for 2 mins! Darn super mods!

Honestly though, buying cheap stuff from rmt websites is bad.
  3. Aghinem Augur

Hi RadarX,

I am not certain at what capacity you have authorization to bring this to the table and I appreciate you keeping this topic open, but can you suggest to the round table of discussion to institute a temporary reprieve of ban status during the holiday weekend while you all figure this out. I find doing so will be an act of good faith and restore the community's trust in how this is handled.
    Sintay, Reht and Disappointment like this.
  4. Joseph Lawson New Member

So Radarx, I received a code for Father's Day from a guild mate, and guidelines are being enforced? I am being punished by accepting a gift?!!??! I hope you guys are talking FAST!
    Reht likes this.
  5. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

If they refuse to take action to unban those accounts, then yes, you absolutely should file your own chargebacks against them.
    Disappointment likes this.
  6. Schadenfreude Augur

It's nothing to do with Kronos.
  7. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Except for the people who got banned and didn't buy keys from anywhere else.
  8. Joseph Lawson New Member

RadarX,

Please tell me, someone who was gifted a code from a guildie as a Father's Day gift , is justifiably banned? Please explain the justification behind this. I was told I was banned for a chargeback, and everyone is saying it's cause of a code I was gifted!!! And I broke the rules because i accepted a code and now I am banned?! If they don't fix this. Daybreak can kiss any of their dedicated players goodbye. This is not fair to me.
    Disappointment likes this.
  9. Aghinem Augur

This has already been established as a multi-tier issue, krono included.
  10. Blart Lorekeeper

11. Cicelee Augur

I feel sympathy and empathy for those who legitimately purchased an item in game (such as a Krono) only to be banned because that Krono was obtained by the seller through illegal methods/ways. I hope those players are able to come to a resolution with DBG to get their accounts back.

However, it is surprising how many people are playing the "victim card" when they knowingly did something that they probably felt somewhere within them was not right. If you have been playing for 17 years, then you know that buying something from a website entitled playerauctions.com is probably a semi shady method of obtaining whatever it is that you bought. If you see DBG selling TBM for $40 and then you see joeschmo.com is selling TBM code for $5.... well, something should seem fishy to you. Especially since TBM is the current expansion.

The point is, I have a feeling many of the "victims" are not really victims- they just wanted to get something on the super duper cheap and got caught. And while I can give some sympathy for a brand new person to Everquest not knowing the costs, I don't for those who have been playing xyz years and really should know better.

Again, I feel bad for those (like an above poster) who was given a game code for TBM as a Father's Day gift from a guild member. Assuming, of course, this is a true story. But I feel you will find those cases are in the overwhelming minority...
    chickendog and Kobrah like this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Did they pay $5 or the regular price? that might answer the question.
    Cicelee likes this.
  13. Gilad Journeyman

It's to do with all daybreak codes and kronos. Not sure where you're getting nothing to do with Kronos.
  14. Warpeace Augur

If they can charge back the expansion codes they can do it with Krono also, need some answers here.
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

Exactly, and in a situation like this it could fly under the radar for quite some time because the number of people banned at any given time would probably be much smaller than this ban. Better to get it on the table right now too.
  16. Blart Lorekeeper

Can anyone show me where in the EULA it says I'm not allowed to buy discount keys, or trade in-game currency for them?

If I broke a rule by trading plat for a gamekey, that's fine. I just don't see that rule posted anywhere.
    TheAccused likes this.
  17. Reht The Dude abides...

It's not, at least not that i could find. They will use some other excuse to legitimize it and will subsequently update the EULA and TOS.
  18. Tadbit New Member

Ok so does everyone remember how sony/daybreak said hey were excited about this new game that they are developing EQ next? How many people bought, what, $60 dollar pack for this and never saw a dime back when they canceled it? Hey can we ban them for scamming us? It is my firm belief that daybreak is trying to kill EQ on purpose! If they want to save money and make more then do another server merge! It helps the player base, helps guilds recruit more people, and best of all it helps daybreak save money and a chance to make more money when returning/new players come to EQ. A mass banning is nothing more then shooting themselves in the foot, which they seem to be great at!! So with this all said how many will come back from this? I would say maybe 50% still that's a lot of $$ lost. I myself had 3 accounts banned which is a lot one 8yr account and 2, 7yr account. Its is my guess I have thousands of $$ tied up in this game. Makes me a little ill when i think about it! Doesn't daybreak and most company's have some kind of insurance to protect from things like this? In closing, I think in the end daybreak will live up to its nickname DAYBROKE! You guys are only putting yourselves out of jobs in the end! Remember last laughs are last laughs no matter when they happen!
  19. Slippin'Jimmy Journeyman

You guys are all idiot trashcans who bought CD keys off a third party website and are now crying that you got suspended? What did you think was going to happen? I would love to see you losers actually get a lawyer and try to proceed with a lawsuit. If you're so broke that you gotta buy 10 dollar CD keys off PA you aint getting a lawyer. TRASHCAN IDIOTS
  20. Blart Lorekeeper

That's odd. You'd think to warrant a ban, one would have to break a rule.

I guess if they want to ban first and make rules after, it's their game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.