Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trackanon Elder

We seem to have a fairly unanimous view on this, so I can only assume it's the rage that is missing. We are being too level headed guys :-(
  2. Filnydar Journeyman

I think the problem is adding agents of change everywhere; and maybe handling some zones with different raid events.
  3. nightork New Member

Sorry to be clearer, what I meant was 'I see no problem with the only instances being elementals and potime itself'

Lower the repop timers on flagging bosses, or just don't remove them from spawning in load balanced instance pops.

Of course, appreciating that Fippy and Phinny are different animals, though similar....people managed to get flagged up just fine there.

I really don't see why time is being dedicated to a problem which pretty much does not need solving.
  4. Finnster Elder

I actually like having 4 months of Velious and Luclin. Especially if it comes with better quality and less bugs.

Releasing PoP and LOY at the same time is a good choice. I don't even remember what LOY will bring (other than dyes).

But I very much dislike the idea of bringing GoD and OOW at the same time. To make GoD easier? Please do not trivialize content. Do you see how many guilds cleared classic in era? Do you see how many already cleared Kunark in era? Are you worried that the trend will not go on? It will happen. People want challenges, don't take them away please.
  5. Tyche Elder

LoY is more of a quality of life expansion. Shared bank slots, dyes, charms, maps, guild management system, new guktan race. Certainly doesn't need much time by itself but just look at the features added. No other expansion added that much to the game.
  6. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Im still baffled that the devs decided to split LDoN off on its own. it was never the intent of the servers to have LDoN on its own timers. the Ragefire FAQ that they put out explicitly said that outside of the votefor the "half speed" expansion option, all other unlock options had LDoN be automatic 6 weeks into the PoP cycle. Why change that now?

Additionally, lets think about the consequences of these last 2 changes. 12 weeks to run through a bunch of instanced group stuff and 10 raids that cap at 36 people, or to continue farming PoP. Followed by presumably 12 weeks of Gates/Omens, which would include a level cap, 2 sets of AAs, a new class, 80+ raid targets, and epic prequests/1.5s/2.0s. Thats an unreasonable amount of content all at once. Something would be sacrificed, and it would be Gates.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  7. Envy New Member

No GoD OoW together plxkthx!!!
    well last year Live servers were up in arms because DB up TBM made a lot of Live players switch to TLP. Now the server that they switched too is getting because DB does not want to repeat that nightmare again by releasing a half complete expansion, so the rule set we were told we were going to have is being changed not even a year in. What your doing is double pissing off the player base that you already made quit playing on Live and showing the TLP players how of a company you are. At least your keeping it 100% now being consistently to both or is it something your going to switch back and forth Live servers get the even years and TLP get the odd???
  8. Silinius Augur

omg great idea guys... If they don't back out on this change, let's have everyone post a unique thread arguing their reasons why GoD and OoW should not be released together.... oh wait.. nevermind :p
  9. Risiko Augur

After taking time to think this through further, I'm for the GoD/OoW release together thing. And, here's why.

I question whether the changes to GoD were enough for all of the raid guilds on Phinigel can do it in era OR if it's tuned just enough for the top guild to do it easily in era. Just because people say it was easy on Fippy when they did it there doesn't mean it's easy for the average raid guilds.

I know the elitists here only care about themselves, but honestly the thing that makes this server special is the fact that all raid guilds have the opportunity to complete in era raid content. That's why we have upwards of 10 guilds completing content in era.

Forcing all the non -top raid guilds sit out for 12 weeks during GoD would ultimately lead to a lot of people leaving the server and/or game. That's not a healthy thing for our server and community.
  10. Lonye Augur

It's tuned pretty fine actually. Not just for "elitists," and this was before the AA Buffs to Melee...
  11. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I don't know much about the expansions after Pop (I pretty much didn't play after that and left during OOW) but is those the only bad expansions you guys see? I mean coming out together?

What about the time in between? Shorter going up to PoP then longer afterwards? Though that'd make Zerkers come out much later I think.
  12. Popanasty Journeyman

Do you even know what you're talking about? LOL< releasing GoD with OoW is still having people do the content out era. Maybe you need to go back to your thought process.
  13. Seraphim Augur

I'm still pissed in the fact that most of us left Ragefire or Lockjaw for Phinny because of the 84 day expansions yet once again Daybreak just decides to change it due to incompetence. This feels like another repeat to screw over Phinny so they can release yet another new TLP.

#RIP 84DayExpansions
    PathToEternity likes this.
  14. Weverley Augur

I rather they take a bit more time then release broken content.
  15. bored monk Journeyman

You honestly think that even with this extra time the content will not be broken?
  16. Kahna Augur

His thought process was they may be doing it "out of era" but they wouldn't have to sit on their thumbs for 12 weeks waiting for an expansion they were capable of completing. Leading to fewer people leaving out of boredom.
  17. TowerDefense Augur

The problem with this theory, is that right now you can say there are 12 guilds clearing kunark...

That number will drop in velious, and again in luclin. With each expansion, the number of guilds clearing all content in era will diminish. If youre guild is just getting into potime when god launches, yes you most likely wont clear it....

But that doesnt mean it is not a benefit to having it still. Skipping from pop to oow will also create a large void of aas and gear that will make oow harder. If you ignore velious, youre probably not clearling luclin.. each xpac is a stepping stone to the next... and god is kondofferent.
  18. Punchu Augur

Really is the only reasonable explanation for Daybreak going full with these TLP servers.
  19. Bard Speed New Member

I can live with all the changes except releasing GoD and OoW at the same time. Not only does that trivialize GoD, but it jams together lots of content all at once without being able to enjoy a little bit of a challenge. I really feel they are indeed out of touch with the player base on this one.
  20. Evil.Iguana Elder

I get that the devs are unable to complete Luclin raid instances in a timely manner. These things happen in software development. However, I don't see why the launch of Luclin should need to be pushed back for this. So long as load balancing /pick instances are functioning I think it would be good to launch Luclin on time and simply roll out the instanced raids a few weeks later. Even better, prioritize the early/easy raid instances and have them ready to go for an on schedule release and finish the real end-game of end-game stuff a few weeks later.

By going this route people get the things that are generally the most desired without delay. We can start selling our stuff in bazaar, make our Beastlord/Vah Shir alts, farm AAs, even start on VT keys and bane weapons. And if people want to contest the open world raid content they can do that too. Ultimately everyone is almost as happy as they would be if everything had been ready on time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.