New and Improved Hot Zone System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Laylaih, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomeEQGuy Elder

Seems like they bumped up the difficulty a little - at least on the level 90 daily. Grounds to Fear itself is a tier change in that expansion not to mention the difficulty of the zone itself with adds, etc. It should also be fun when the hotzones randomly change and cram everyone into some of the smaller zones in that expansion. Are they unlocking the islands in Al kabor;s?
  2. Questoften32 Augur

xp is much less even at low levels where it should not be. Even non hotzones seem strange.
    A 60 turning 70 should not feel like a 80 turning 81.
  3. Irongron New Member

well In Fear itself, the Task says boogyman, but in the zone, the mobs name is boogeyman...
    Um...yeah....Any devs reading this, and you cant cast on or melee 'fish heads' in Sarith...
  4. Mitsune Elder

Lvl 75 Atiiki: no stormscape skypriests to be found for the task.
    They are all still sitting on their Redfeather Island in TBS but killing them there does not count.
  5. Lily Augur

Could you maybe rotate the mobs as well as the zones? Maybe I just haven't seen it yet because all I've seen for Sarith is crabs, centurions in Arthicrex, strikers in MMM, etc.
  6. Krinni Journeyman

i would have to agree on rotating the mobs in sarith all i get is guardsmen and they only spawn in 1 little sector, and thats where everyone decides to camp. so I have to 1 wait for them to leave, or 2 run in and steal someones mobs and i dont do that so i end up leaving and going back at like 1am ext
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not only do they need to rotate mobs, they need to pick mobs that have a decent population within the zone. The mob for the Arthicrex task is clicknar centurions...there are MAYBE 4 or 5 up at a given time, if no one has been killing them (which, now, is never). I was trying to do the task yesterday (2-boxing), and with 2 other groups in the zone doing it as well, after nearly an hour, I had managed to find and kill 2. And that's with a ranger to track the zone.

At least change the task to any clicknar mob so folks can get in, kill, and get out quickly. Don't make the mobs specific types, make them general types. At level 105, there's zero reason to stay in these hotzones any longer than is necessary, seeing as how most of the mobs don't even give exp at that level.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Malbro Augur

Same with Meldrath's Mansion, change it to any mob in the zone so we can get in and out with lesson running.
  9. Siraj Lorekeeper

I think you guys meant "Rain of Fear" not "Shadow of Fear" :^)
  10. segap Augur

Why not just change it to hail Teek, get exp/aa?
  11. Warpeace Augur

Easy mode is strong in this thread.
  12. Malbro Augur

I'd go for that:p. Seriously, I've look all over for reavers the last couple of days on my rogue and shaman, level 91 and 89. I have yet to find any. It is a waste of time and I do not get that daily anymore.
  13. Nekk Augur

Am I the only here who notices that Sarith is in VoA, not TDS?
  14. Irongron New Member

In MMM, Just killed a Steamwork Reaver, NO UPDATE, task says reavers...so is it like Fear Itself again with Boogeymans? Really... DID YOU TEST THIS OUT BEFORE YOU DID CHANGES, Like fully test it, or spot checked.....
  15. Irongron New Member

Either put it back the way it was for the time being and fix your changes or scrap it..
    Rhodz likes this.
  16. Fnyanea Augur

It says the lv 95 hotzone will be available as a hotzone when TDS is released (on progression servers). It doesn't list a hotzone for each expansion.....
  17. Rhodz Augur

Yep same way they tested TBM
    *shrugs*
  18. Lily Augur

The reavers are gnomes, not clockworks.
  19. Nekk Augur

Ok thanks, maybe it was confusing the way they wrote their response without explaining it..."Glad to see they moved sarinth to the darkend sea." Also loving the sweet new loot. lvl 80 shoulders that look just like the stuff prepatch :D. Not that I go to the hotzones but I know a bunch do. Wondering if this is botched?
  20. Grove Augur

re: Fortress Mechanotus and "reaver"
    Hearing here and among friends, guild members and self: no reavers, I took a tracker in. I saw one "a reaver", and somewhat by accident two "a shock reaver". The "a reaver" I found on ground level in front of the building. The "a shock reaver" I found in the building on the top level. It was in the steel mesh cage. Later I found the "a shock reaver" leading a troupe of three traversing the east west path, mostly to the left of the entry area. Both the "a reaver" and the "a shock reaver" updated the task. It is sad that there were just three of these in the zone for task update. I did not get a chance to look further through the track screen (sorted alpha) for reaver with any other name modification.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.