Class balance is getting out of hand.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chitum, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Chitum Journeyman

Today one my raiding parting told me that he killed a named in TBM while moloing with his pet(pet toyed), and a DPS caster merc. It is also common chatter in /general chat as well. A lot of shadow knights can do this. The fact they can hold aggro, tank, AND heal himself is waaaaaay over the top. SK(S) are often in the raid tank lineup as well/ Why do we have a warrior class? Now I am just a regular steady player. I am a ranger and never played a tank class. But I noticed this just by being in the game and observing.
  2. Forsaken_Ruler Journeyman

I have to agree.
    I've been in group with SKs that tank current content with no healer at all. That includes: tanking for groups, soloing named in about 3 minutes, and even having the tank/heal/dps off the charts enough to just run entire tasks by themselves.

They have been receiving more and more warrior-like buffs lately: passive mitigation in recent patch, mitigation buffs and flash in TBM... on top of improved dps/lifetapping bonuses to their normal SKishness they are a one-man show doing it all.

I'd say the dps, lifetaps / crits, and mitigation has just been ramped up so much that it all comes together in an imbalanced way.
  3. Iila Augur

4. menown Augur

This thread smells like it was started by one of those ranting and raving warriors' alt characters from that other tank thread.
    Nightops, Dibab, Zeiss and 11 others like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

6. Xinj Journeyman

I love these posts.. Keep them coming.
  7. Zamiam Augur

someones trolling.. you say your raiding guildmate (an SK) said he did this.. first off he is prolly uberly raid geared and prolly with the most recent TBM raid stuff in which case would make for any TBM group content even named not much of a challenge.. but its not just SK's so cant use that excuse or exclude anyone else..
    I'm pretty sure most classes if Raid geared and maxed aa's could handle TBM named with a merc. sure there are prolly a few that could not .. but majority could.. just to name a few mage, necro,bst, pally, monk, ench.. im sure also would depend on the named.. some named mobs have certain mechanics that just would not be possible to molo without a few more peeps ..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Xanathol Augur

Pfft that's nothing - you should see the newly heroic'd Warriors that walk into a zone, ./shout "Drop 'em!" and poof! All mobs dead plus all loot appears on their cursor! How messed up is that?!

... on a serious note, your account of 1 post and alt account of 30 something posts isn't fooling anyone and it is rather sad that you thought it might. Hopefully the mods will be along shortly...
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I saw a signature of a well known druid in a well known guild that delivered a critical damage spell of over 1.8 million damage.

I totally agree, class balance is all out of whack.
    Axxius, RPoo, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  10. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

how can you observe other players if they're doing it "molo?" I call shenanigans.
  11. FixShamanPlease Elder

Someone told me Rangers can molo TBM nameds too.
  12. Iila Augur

I heard it was a level 85 cleric getting that 1.8m crit.

I mean, it's still not much compared to infinitely recursive pets.
  13. Bobola New Member

I think I saw some druids soloing TBM named by using their bear pet.

Talk about unbalanced!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

On some for real talk don't they plan to decrease the mitigation buff they gave to knights with weapon efficiency AA?

Friend was telling me they plan to primarily because knights and pallies are actually rather close to Warriors atm.
  15. Bobsmith Augur

I heard that people who know how to play their class well can figure out ways to optimize their toons to beat missions and named in a lot of zones. Personally I think this is blasphemy I think all classes,support tank dps should all be nerfed into oblivion. Why does it not take a 72 man raid to beat Roon in cotf? I also hear that Donald Trump will build a wall around the next expansion and we will have to pay for it.........

In all seriousness with the right gear almost all classes can molo all but maybe a dozen named in game. Does this happen on day one of a new expansion. ....usually no. It happens after hours and hours of game play to make their toons the best they can. So try harder, or hell ask them for a group..GASP teamwork?!?!?!?
    If all people do is whine about other classes everyone suffers,i.e. most recent caster nerfs. Thank you for adding fuel to the fire that is slowly and painfully dragging what little enjoyment people still have straight out of this game.
  16. Viltaire Augur

Do mods even exist anymore? Openly calling for nerfs used to be against the forum guidelines and I have yet to see any posts removed for it.
  17. Warpeace Augur

+1 for another Knight envy thread.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Bamboompow Augur

Classes are probably balanced on paper. All it takes to mess it up is allow all mobs to have a MR of zero, relatively low HP but super high AC. So anyone that casts a spell can mash win buttons all day long.
  19. Batbener Augur

I remember playing on Povar, and one of the officers in Triton asked in /ooc, "If a warrior, paladin and SK fell out of the sky, who would hit the ground first?" He replied to his own /ooc with, "The knights, because they are so over powered". Apparently he was upset, or pretending to be upset, that a Paladin off tanked one of the Gods in PoT with self heals. This was late 2002, early 2003.

I don't think that nerf bat is coming.
  20. Enigma Maitreya Augur

*Shakes head* June of 1999 and this conversation was in its 3rd iteration.

April of 2016 and one wonders what iteration it is currently.

I think it fair and reasonable to say that given the analysis of the players There will never be class balance.