WTB endurance for my warrior after raid death

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Time Burner 2 Augur

I play a warrior, which of course relies on endurance. I cannot get Breather (my endurance regen disc) to fire during some raids, even while out of combat. And just to give the obligatory "know your tools" bone to the chronic truth detractors I know there are some small things I can do to get a tiny bit of endurance back like Imperators Command, Miniature Horn yada yada, but...

All these do not give nearly enough Endurance back to allow me to utilize many of my tanking discs to their potential (if at all). And yes, I can use a vet's reward to recover my endurance once, but if I die again in the same raid - well too bad Charlie.

You know what this is? It's not a fun mechanic,it's BORING. Please allow warriors to reliably get enough endurance back in raids so they can play the class. Other classes can get mana back right?
  2. Minato Augur

See berserkers only they also have the handicap of 50 haste instead of 225 for 2 minutes with no endurance and have been begging for ways for years but alas daybreak doesnt care
  3. Triconix Augur

But bards get rallying cry and we all have 10 bards in our raids so it should never be a problem because other melee don't need endurance nor do casters need mana. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, rallying cry sounds like a warrior ability. Why it's a bard ability is beyond me.
  4. Drakang Augur

Have you tried using a FD potion then hitting breather? May still be hit or miss but works for SKs to FD then hit breather before standing up.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Warriors aren't allowed to have utility.
    Won't work. This issue here is that the debuffs that are used in the DemiDecay raids are the red type that place you in combat and they last through death. So upon being rezzed, you still have the debuff and are immediately placed in combat again. There is no chance to use Breather.

I'm also pretty sure that there is just something wrong with that instance. I have died on the Damsel of Decay event before the Withering debuffs have gone out, and still was immediately placed into combat once rezzed. But that means there's a bug to hunt down instead, which will take longer than adjusting Withering debuffs to be the yellow type that allows you to stay out of combat.

P.S. It was a mistake to move this thread to the tank section of the boards. The combat debuff lasting through death affects all endurance-using classes.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Oh, this thread didn't get moved, there's just a duplicate in Vet Lounge. :mad:
  7. Dre. Altoholic

8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The difference is DE has a 100% blur so we can pretty much always do this if fast enough. Do FD potions have that random chance to blur component? Confess I've never had to use one. And even if they do it'd be a small chance of success, so most of the time they'd have to try to stay down for the full minute for blur to happen, which may or may not work with the debuff still on them?

Another option is the RoF collection thing, or an enchanter placed in their group for friendly stasis (not fun for the RL).
  9. Random_Enchanter Augur

To expand on the enchanter idea, you could also have an enchanter blur the raid mobs. . . though that would cause chaos and fun times to ensue.
  10. Triconix Augur

11. Reval Augur

Even if warriors don't get it, there should be more stamina regen that isn't rest disc based. Give something to shadowknights that gives sufficient endurance to the group that a person that died can at least disc a little bit. After all, they're basically melee necros in the class description.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I like the cut of your jib, sir.
  13. Reval Augur

My editing speed has been exposed!
  14. Damoncord Augur

Maybe like an Endurance tap with a group recourse, but that would imply that the mobs have endurance. It would fit in line with other things they could do previously, and if Daybreak was feeling generous bundle the End, AC and HP taps together into an AA.
  15. Reval Augur

To add options to the table, they could give sk's a way to fd people in their group. Enchanters can mez someone with the aa friendly stasis, which may be useful in this case as well but as of yet I think hasn't been mentioned.
  16. josh Augur

The fd potions absolutely do work. you just have to stay fd'd for a while for the all clear on aggro. takes about a minute. for wither, since you have physicality on you anyway, it's not really an issue to stay fd'd that long.

I'm not disagreeing with the thread though. I'm pretty annoyed at how hard it is to hit breather these days.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

I always felt LHRC was a sketchy one-off and was glad to see it wasn't continued. Same with the Imperator's abilities tbh which I still think are more appropriate for EQ Bards than the EQ Warrior. You could make examples outside of EQ lore but for the mechanics of this game I'd rather see Warriors purely defense/agro focused.
  18. Brohg Augur

I like Imperators abilities. They're more cooperative, group oriented, which makes sense to me since warriors themselves don't make any sense - can't actually function - without a group. First because our (unique among tanks) one-way hp bars mean we just die against nearly any mob, but also because the 2doz agro abilities we get instead of anything else are total blanks if there's no one to keep agro off've. A little side bene to the core role helps make groups as happy to have a warrior as the warrior is to have a group.

Oh, and totally agree LHRC was a good thing to abandon. Clunky and hella narrow in use. Happily toss that fish back in the water.
  19. Phrovo1 Augur

sure would be nice if endurance was added to beastlord paragon!
  20. Lianeb Augur

It is but at a huge disparity over mana.

9: Increase Current HP by 6250 per tick
    10: Increase Current Mana by 2750 per tick
    11: Increase Current Endurance by 350 per tick