Server Downtime: Weds, Jan 20 @ 5:30 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

One of the goals Daybreak as a company is to reduce the number of downtimes our games have. When we do have downtimes, we schedule these for the times when we have the smallest number of players online.

Days like today are unfortunate, but when things break it most often isn't on a schedule. Our team is working to get servers back online, and we're grateful for everyone's patience.
  2. Lyrian New Member

Thank you for keeping us in the loop
    nolan081100 likes this.
  3. Lonye Augur

Don't worry all, the right people are on the job... this invistagation will fix all of EverCrest!

[IMG]
  4. Vaelkyrie New Member

Where am I supposed to look for updates without having to read an entire forum thread? I should be able to get updates on the launcher or on twitter or something without having to wade through the forums.
    Agrippa and nolan081100 like this.
  5. Rorce Augur

Come on now, spelling is tough.
    Iila and nolan081100 like this.
  6. nolan081100 Journeyman

i recall the first time i played everquest years ago I'm guessing 12-13 years ago wanna say GoD was newest xpac, their was so many patch after patch after patch it seemed like i could only get online 50% of the time i tried "i actually quit EQ for about 6 months cause of this" for a patch that was very tiny once i got the update. I have noticed over the year, here recently more than any, that the patches has been getting bigger and a lot more time between them. i like this a lot! and even though there is a test server to "test" patches first, I'm sure some things are different due to whatever coding changes between live and test so i can imagine a good patch on test being a bad one for live once in a while. we all thank you for the fixes, and we are all grateful this game still exists!
  7. Malbro Augur

nolan081100 likes this.
  8. nolan081100 Journeyman

i think this is one of the largest patches I've seen.
  9. xentoi New Member

invistigating....
    nolan081100 likes this.
  10. Lanogas Journeyman

Ok, come on now... You're making hotfixes, not a new game. Give the developers a red bull and tell 'em to get things going! We're all impatient here!
    nolan081100 likes this.
  11. Rannie168 New Member

Woot! Maz is still kicking ~~ !!
    nolan081100 likes this.
  12. Quality Lorekeeper

Hey, it sucks I have limited playtime and this could delete a whole day for me. However, I would much rather you guys take an extra 4 hours and fix what you found, then bring the servers back up and us deal with the issue for another month while we wait for the next patch. So I personally am glad you guys went ahead to address it, I'd rather lose a day of play time then deal with issues for a while.

As far as reducing the downtimes, I guess that's a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. It was irritating to wait so long for some of these fixes, although yes the servers were up for a month (outside of the ddos crap). As far as when the patch happens, can people imagine if they did it between like 5pm-10pm pst? People would lose their friggin minds.

All in all, happens, at least you guys A) told us, and B) are fixing it.

nolan081100 likes this.
  13. Mazoola New Member

still stewed they haven't made the new ranger spell enrichment work on mgb, even tho it is marked purple, signifying it should be MGB-able. They really need to fix this as well but keeps getting overlooked.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  14. Quality Lorekeeper

Yeah, if you check out the test thread you will see this is the same patch they did on test. So they did do it that way, but like you said I am sure some things change moving it over and something got borked. Things will need to be fixed with any game, it's when there is no communication and nothing addressed that sucks. However, the last month or so they seem to have been better about both, so I am happy.
    Gyurika Godofwar and nolan081100 like this.
  15. daknife56 Journeyman

The only complaint I have with this type of downtime is the updates we get. The above information is not useful to us. We already know this. Or at least we hope it is true. A more meaningful update would be something like "We are working on a minor issue and if all goes well we should be online soon". Or, "We are working a serious issue and our downtime could be significant".
    nolan081100 likes this.
  16. Clabuk Journeyman

True although people who get pissed off and rage quit after 2 mins of downtime dont even give Dev's enough time to give an update or possibly even figure out what the problem is, so how do people expect to get an update when they dont know what the problem is? granted this time they do know what the problem is but it may be a pain in the a$$ to fix because there fix will break other things "working as intended" and then people will complain about what they broke while trying to fix what people were complaining about the first time, its and endless loop. Plus people really cant find something to do for a couple hrs? theres this thing called Television that might occupy some of you for awhile.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  17. Puzzling Journeyman

This isn't the first "purple" gem that can't get MGB'd. I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for a change.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  18. nolan081100 Journeyman

99 little bugs in the code,
    99 bugs in the code,
    fix one bug, compile it again,
    101 little bugs in the code.
    101 little bugs in the code,.
    > (Repeat until BUGS = 0)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Lanogas like this.
  19. daknife56 Journeyman

Clabuk, no problem with your reply. Personally I've gotten a lot of work done around the house today. Haven't touched the TV. I'm not expecting an update as soon as the servers go down, or an exact time they will come back up. Just a little more information, when they have it, so I know how the fix 'might' go.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  20. Clabuk Journeyman

The game went live in 1999, were in 2016 and still have bugs, assuming they kept that theory at the day of launch look how well it worked =P the bug number is more than likely only gonna go up regardless of how many bugs you fix it will always just make a bigger problem or more of them. like i said, endless loop.
    Greyvvolf and nolan081100 like this.