Zerg guild

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ElaidaTL, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Please enlighten me as to what top end item is helping anyone kill Vox with 27 people. This argument has been debunked time and again.
  2. Qelyn Augur

The "point" of this was, like I mentioned before, some people in a similar hobby that you supposedly share with them did something that they thought was noteworthy and were happy about it, and wanted to share in their excitement with people, as well as try to negate a negative stereotype about their guild in the process. But instead of just being happy for someone else doing something they are proud of in your shared interest, you and some other people have decided to be angry, bitter, jaded, and otherwise salty.

But because I like you, I'm gonna help you out a bit. The next time you see someone post about accomplishing something they thought was noteworthy enough to share with everyone on these forums, just try saying the following:

"Congrats guys! That's awesome and I'm very happy for you!"

You can paraphrase a bit to help match the message to the situation. I have faith in you.
  3. Darth Augur

Bcg, wdhc, cof, selo drums, full planes armor, sky weapons and haste....

Not saving you have all that but it helps.

To the guy telling other guilds to split their 60 man force into 2 raids, thsts easy to suggest when you kill every daily spawn out of instances
  4. bodes Augur

I may have phrased it with a little bit of attitude, but I know you don't pursue open world which is perfectly fine. My attitude was directed towards Vaclav who also knows you don't pursue open world yet comes on here to pretend he knows what goes on in those encounters and even tries to defend the very batphone zerg-tactics your guild shuns.
  5. jeskola pheerie

It is strange to read all the redefinitions of "zerg". Zerg comes from StarCraft, and in the context of Everquest it had always meant when someone brings a maximum size or larger raid force of average to below-average players to rush into an encounter with poor strategy, often incorporating bind-rushing after death.
  6. Zublak Augur

Beat me to it!
  7. bodes Augur

Is it a redefinition? "Winning by numbers" seems pretty succinct to me. No implication of skill levels needed
  8. yerm Augur

Your self-deprecating inability to reconcile a hobby to your family life is not anybody's problem but your own. When you talk about "friends" or "life" what do you mean? I'm actually rather sorry if the people you end up playing with regularly can't count as spending time with friends and playing video games still apparently strikes you as not part of having a life.

The criteria for winning a game does not really change just because of age. Winning Final Fantasy 6 seems to be the same with their recent steam release as it was when I had it on the SNES. Just because you either don't play to win and/or don't personally see the value in winning, does not change the matter. It's ok - I'm not playing to win this server either.

When it comes right down to it the really sad people are not the ones getting really spirited about their aging raid content, it's the people so horribly broken by some kind of social pressure combined with self-loathing that they actually think that their EQ playing is somehow a reprehensible activity but continue to play it anyway. I remember a few days back joking with guildmates about winning the powerball and not being the only one who voiced that I would absolutely continue playing if I won - I like playing this game and doubt that would change, even if HOW it got played changed. I was chatting with the thread's OP yesterday and we both expressed being happy that our jobs had calmed down enough to allow us to play this game, which is reasonable... because a job is not life and having time away from work to enjoy a hobby is healthy and reasonable.

I really do hate how people like to come into these TLP threads and badmouth people playing the game. They're always baseless arguments and they never hold merit. There is nothing wrong with playing this game in and of itself, nothing wrong with playing it competitively, nothing wrong with wanting to win. Grow up.
    Pikallo likes this.
  9. GendoPonies New Member

After reading this whole thread all I have to say is:

Congrats SA.

Don't let the haters get to you.
    Qelyn likes this.
  10. taliefer Augur

rabble rabble rabble congrats pitchforks pitchforks virgin sacrifice volcano congrats joe versus the meg ryan
    Orienn and Qelyn like this.
  11. derpinscotch Elder

ITT: Squeeshsqueesh chiming in over and over with invalid points/arguments. Avoid that reply button.
  12. Silentchaos Augur

bacon
  13. Bobbydomino Elder

That's not what you did though. Read the original post and how it's phrased. It's more of a "see how good we are and you were wrong about us" congratulatory post. Pretty much in line with the guy gloating about SoA getting 100% of the world boss kills. You're pretty foolish if you don't see a trend.
  14. yerm Augur

The only trend I've noticed is that you like to put down other people in most of your replies here.
  15. Rauven Augur

You guys should try playing PS2, then you'd see what a zerg actually is.

If everyone is in a /raid its not a zerg. Zergs are large groups of randoms. If they all have the same guild tag, its not a zerg, just a larger guild than yours.

Closest thing to a zerg in EQ was when the Sleeper was killed.
  16. Detheb Augur

All I see here is someone (Elaida fwiw) mentioning that we're not a zerg guild, and showing that we can do this content with minimal numbers. As in, doing with less than 30 is pretty ridiculous, as anyone who has actually done these dragons can attest to.

Then I see quite a few people that are salty contending that its still somehow a zerg? Not sure how that math equates, but whatever.

Then people that are just trying to talk bad about SA because they A. Think its popular opinion, or B. Are angry for some reason.

Then the people that acknowledge that its apretty impressive feat.

Now, the funny thing i've noticed is. The people that are trying to talk mess all seem to thinking doing it anonymously is cool. Atleast Squeesh and a few others post with their in game name so they can back up what they speak - and trust me, me and Squeesh went at it a few times on Ragefire but always had pretty cordial interactions in game. Tell us who you are, maybe we can chat and change your mind? Who knows.
  17. Vaclav Augur

I know that if I was going to pursue open-world encounters that it would end up being zerg. In fact I even covered that in my opening post to you.

"Open-World Guilds" by definition are going to be numbers heavy, because it's needed to have the numbers to compete at the drop of a hat in order to compete "Open-World".

It's silly to whine about it while you're not forced into it in order to raid. If you don't want to be "Zerg" that's great, there's instances for that now - and maybe the stars will align to occasionally raid open world.

I was right there with you being frustrated over being forced into competing against zerg when instances weren't an option. It's why I was part of the number of people that lobbied for instances for TLP.

But now we've got them - and it seems you're not happy with the non-zerg option.
  18. Miss Shortcake Elder

Pretty much, as usual it's the coat-tail riding shitters that speak the loudest.
  19. bodes Augur

If you batphone 100 people into solb because someone is eyeballing a spawn window, that math equates to a zerg every time.

Yes, people are angry. Even people who don't raid have to deal with 2 groups of SA showing up and blatantly pushing someone out of HBC camp while talking s#$t, training us repeatedly at Rokyl, manipulating clocks to cheat at pickzones and snipe named, etc. You name it and your guildies have done it. When your officers are contacted they say "lol don't care". DBG has made it quite clear you're allowed to be that kind of guild, but own it and stop pretending you're not.
  20. Bobbydomino Elder

I really couldn't care less about what you kill with how many people, and if you're a zerg guild or not.

What I find humorous is the attention / validation seeking and how you're trying to argue you're not a zerg guild because you've done something unrelated.

Look guys, I soloed a level 10 named.. by myself! Let me come to the forums and tell people about it so they think I'm cool! (I'm 50 with all planar gear, but I was so sad you guys thought I couldn't do it!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.