Emote messages

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cosmic, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Randragon Augur

Can we steer this conversation back on track to the OP's intent. Does anyone have a simple way to turn off some of the emote messages?
    If not then that's fine but lets leave the cheating and guild bashing stuff at the front door.

Thanks and have a glorious EQ Day!
    Lily likes this.
  2. Repthor Augur

maybe on Page 10
    Whulfgar and Leex like this.
  3. Iila Augur

Lol
    Ssdar, Quuq and Leex like this.
  4. Random_Enchanter Augur

it is much easier to drink/watch cat videos/ read/ watch tv or other randomly assorted stuff if you put 5 abilities/spells with cool-downs on the same button and just mash the one button. That way when ability/spell 1 is up it fires/casts then ability/spell 2 etc. you now no longer need to pay attention other than button mashing a single button
  5. Repthor Augur

ooh god
    Benzarden, Reht and Iila like this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

One small fix, adding consistency to which filter these fall under (ideally their own) would be such a blessing and theoretically so simple.
    It'd likely take an intern 4 days.
    grep the code for all output messages to chat windows (and that fancy across the screen text they use sometimes now, but not other times). Figure out which happen in raids - half day..
    Figure out which are emotes vs just generic flavour ... 20 expansions x lets say 20 events = about 1.5 days maybe.
    Change them all to the same filter, lets be generous and assume it's manual fixing rather than easy search/replace. That's the 3rd day day.
    Deal with edge cases/stuff they're unsure of that's the 3rd day.

Some will be missed players can then feedback on, but that catches most of it easily.
    Geri_Petrovna and Iila like this.
  7. Silv Augur

This wins my award for post of the day!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Reht and Iila like this.
  8. Kiillz Augur

Consider the source of the post. I laughed out loud when I saw that GINA was cheating, bout the funniest post I've seen yet.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Ssdar and Klak like this.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

Oh let's be fair, it's about the funniest non-TLP post we have seen................
    Gyurika Godofwar, Silv and Kiillz like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

Yeah, and Triton would know all about cheating ;)

(Too soon??) It was just a joke, don't take offense and get your panties in a bundle! Maybe I'll put up a disclaimer....

DISCLAIMER: The First statement in this post was not meant to be taken literally. Thank you and have a good day.
  11. Kiillz Augur

cutting down on tedium or something being "easier" does not equate to cheating. I'm guessing you dont use macros, bind keys, maps or in game AT s either?
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Kiillz if they do use maps , they are haxxin then toos ! (And a hypocrite )
    Kiillz likes this.
  13. Mintalie Augur

This is a perfect example of someone I do not wish to play with*. If you stubbornly refuse to use all of the tools** at your disposal to be the best that you can be, I just can't even.

*This comment is not aimed at the poster. It's merely for illustrative purposes. Calm down.
    **I get that some people actually thrive without the use of ATs et al., but those are the extremely rare exception to the rule... like those zonewide rare drops rare.
    Ssdar and Kiillz like this.
  14. Triconix Augur

Well, technically maps were introduced by the company - as well as in game design of mapping. GINA was not. Audio triggers do exist as an in game function, but certainly not the way GINA sets them up.

Neither are forms of hacking though. They are just patch fixes for initially poorly designed mechanics or potential problems that weren't thought about in the early days of EQ. I mean, I remember putting a rusty sword on the ground to know what way was north.
  15. Geri_Petrovna Augur

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!
  16. Random_Enchanter Augur

That depends, are the maps hand drawn? printed? saved files? online web pages? in game?
    different levels of haxxin tools id say! :p;)
  17. Cosmic New Member

I read about it on a forum somewhere and it seemed like a good idea at the time to increase dps , unfortunately it doesn't work as well as the poster suggested but was worth a try I suppose.
  18. Sancus Augur

Multibind for life!
    Ssdar, Silv, Viper1 and 7 others like this.
  19. sifonin Augur

If you don't multi bind as a dps or healer class your already wrong.

edit** I thought about this after I posted- there are some classes where multi binding only helps in certain instances but the bulk of classes can bind those abilities and spells they spam under 30s cooldown to get more casts per minute.
    Viper1, Sancus, Repthor and 2 others like this.
  20. Kolani Augur

Oh but I do, for it brings me great joy.