Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Constellation, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Constellation Augur

How is the server?

I am considering starting on the server, but I am just wondering if it's as fun as Ragefire was when it first came out. What bosses have been killed? It doesn't seem like Phinny is as big as the first DBG progression server.
  2. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

3. Garcielle Journeyman

Very Fun, come join the fun!
  4. -wycca Augur

Phinnie, Nag, and Vox are dead. So are all of the hate mini's. It's probably not quite the same population as Ragefire because there are about 1/20th the amount of box accounts on the server. General and Auction fill up, plus we have like 4-6 instances of LGuK, SOlb, OoT, and the Hole at any given time.

Exp is much much slower than Ragefire. Leveling is a real accomplishment/chore. Double exp makes it all more palatable, but outside of that, exp is maybe 35-40% of what it is on RF/LJ.
  5. Finley Augur

Tons of people, lots of guild types, something for everyone. If you can't find a way to enjoy Phinigel server that's on you!
  6. ElaidaTL Augur

What Finley said. God I hope me agreeing with former apok leadership is a passing trend..sheesh. :)
    Kridina likes this.
  7. -wycca Augur

I'm sure he feels the same about former TL leadership =P.

That being said, there's been some camp spats that I'm aware of, a few idiots who like to train/etc, but server's been fairly friendly 95% of the time in my experience.

Instancing should help raid scene a ton too IMO - there will be all sorts of guilds for all sorts of speeds, you really don't have a better environment for TLP enjoyment IMO. The exp sorta sucks, but I think it's worth it - altho I do hope they increase it later (not to RF/LJ levels tho).
    Vaclav likes this.
  8. Not_Entelion Journeyman

I agree with everything being said above... It's almost surreal. I've wiped with my group in a camp, only to come back and find another group there.. expecting some kind of conflict almost every time it's been "hey you guys were here? Sorry, we'll head out"..

I've been surprised, honestly, and how respectful 95% of the people have been about camp disputes and grouping. I've seen more drama in /gu than I have in /ooc, but still less than I ever saw on Ragefire.

Really, if you enjoy (or can tolerate) the slow leveling.. I'd hop on board asap and take advantage of the double xp time you have left. I think you'll enjoy yourself.
    Soon likes this.
  9. Marthisdil Augur

Well, Finley was a bit different. He was "new" leadership in Apok at the end after Dojii and his cronies screwed the guild's name.

It'd be totally different if you were all lovey-dovey with the new Dojii (or heck, the old Dojii).

Fin was stuck in a crappy situation when it came to Apok's reputation and there was nothing he could do about it.
  10. Bobbydomino Elder

I think this is by far what people in groups have spoken most positively about. The social interaction of grouping with 5 people vs playing this multiplayer game solo.
    Kridina likes this.
  11. Mwapo Augur

The game gets progressively more box oriented though. As there are more specific and no drop things introduced into the game. Try to get people to do flagging or spell missions with you in dodh after they've already done it etc. Sure it's doing great two weeks in, but only time will tell how the lack of boxing affects the server's health. I'm going to guess negatively.
    Ducreux likes this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Lots of people are having tons of fun. I see LFM/LFG and items for sale all the time (and the occasional New Freeport is awful as well.) XP is slower than LJ/RF but that's well known now (though a surprise when the servers first opened), but that does not seem to be deterring people. And with the instancing of the raids, a lot of the raid/guild drama will be gone.
  13. Until We Felt Red Augur

If you can put up with insanely slow XP, it's otherwise almost a perfect TLP server.
    Trevalon and Vaclav like this.
  14. Vaclav Augur

Barring XP complaints (which I still feel will be rectified eventually - after they're done testing the waters with XP rates and potion sales, etc) - its basically a perfect TLP, finally.

I'm not the only one that was part of lobbying for it, but I'm proud of being one of the voices that helped nudge them along this path. It's a great end result.

I love the experience of not ever seeing a yellow message and thinking "Darn, there goes our plans for the night" and instead just immediately jumping to giving Congrats and such. Some people are still idiots in XP situations occasionally and such, but for the most part everything gels.
    Trevalon likes this.
  15. Weverley Augur

I agree so far Phinny has been very friendly.Only 1 incident in Lavastorm where a boxer with 3 characters try to make us pay 31 kronos to have them going away.According to the rest of the group that person is from SA but having never saw that person before i can't confirm that but i can't see either why the rest of the group would be lying on that subject.We just left and went to Sol A and let her kill all the basilisks and smokes she wanted to kill.
  16. Iyvy Augur

Servers great, friendly, good economy, lots of grouping. Way better than rf/lj so far.
  17. Lokero Elder

You can always see what someone's guild is. Just type /guildstatus <character> and boom. This works if they are anon.
  18. Numiko Augur

one thing i have noticed is people seem more willing to group up on phinny.

on rage and lockjaw it seemed like everyone was min / maxing and people would box their own groups.

Here you see a few people boxing a group but it is rare, not that many 2 boxing even... most seem to be playing just one account (at a time) and grouping up.
    Kridina likes this.
  19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I feel like I'm pretty familiar with all the issues you had on Ragefire. Come check out Phinny, previous TLP issues are pretty much all resolved here, the only real complaint is the slow XP, but who cares about that.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Get in touch with me if you need any specific questions answered.
  20. Mashef Augur

Lots are quitting and lowby zones 1-20 are almost devoid of groups after double exp. No one will be able to catch up without boxes and the exp penalty is damaging the server.

If you can solo your way 20+ you will get groups and it's fairly smooth until 40+. At which point if you are not a pure dps caster, tank, cleric or enchanter you will not get groups. Exp is too slow to put up with hybrids, melee, druids & shamans so most groups won't even consider you. If you join up you need to roll tank/cleric/wiz/mage/ench or you might as well save your time and do something else.

Other than all that the instancing is supposedly really cool and going to make for a good environment in which guilds can get a long.