What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

So it specifically says you can not use 3rd party software on Phinigel. While other servers that is omitted and replaced with the Unattended Gameplay Statement. also phingel does not mention you can and use other methods of unattended gameplay. IE hardware that just clicks buttons automatically.

is this some sort of back handed "Green Light" for <<Software that shall not be named>> on all other servers? So long as you not using such for Unattended Gameplay?

I think i see this as clear is day and with a statement like this it sort of acknowledges the fact. I am a little concerned with this as the significant power advantages this has over people who run EQ clean of 3rd party software.

I hope this can be a civil conversation that is left open rather than locked. This is merely a thread in talks about a Statement/Position it would seem the staff is taken in regards to all other servers.

One final statement on this. Can we perhaps open a new live server which has the same stance when it comes to 3rd party software? I know its another server. But i would like to see a new server created with this that only bans for 3rd party software. Allow free transfers too and lets see what happens. I would like to see what it would be like with a truly hack free normal server.
  2. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Doesn't affect me, I play on live servers, with one account, on one machine, and, when I'm adventuring, I'm at the keyboard.

What does affect me, is opening constant new servers, when total population is low. They should stop.
    Viper1, Igniz and Egat like this.
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

Their clarified, and by clarified i mean made more ambiguous, their stance on this a couple months ago after the ragefire launch. Personally, i don't care, it's not going to affect the lack of enjoyment i am getting from the broken mirror.
  4. Redrum_Redrum Augur

This server sounds like a joke. Per Rosen they are limiting play of 1 account to 1 computer. This in no way prevents players who have multiple computers of having the ability to box. So much for a no box server.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

It's not a no box server, it's a traditional box server, which is how they have been advertising it.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  6. Tyraxor Augur

I think it's a step in the right direction to create a more retro classic experience, now if they would also create one with corpse runs and no ig maps i would be interested.
    Because it's not there yet, this still isn't Eq as i would be tempted to experience again...i'd want to be smacked in the face as it used to be, and enjoy it. There are enough easy games.
  7. TarewMarrForever Augur

"is this some sort of back handed "Green Light" for <<Software that shall not be named>> on all other servers?"

There is no "back handed" green light. It has been fully and publically authorized for quite some time now. You do know that Daybreak employees themselves use keypress broadcast software to box, right?
  8. Silv Augur

Lies. No one at DBG plays EQ.
  9. Vazuvius Augur

This was an agreement reached by the people who developer third party software and DBG - they can still ban or suspend you at any point for using third party software I'd imagine, and just label it as being disruptive to the game/economy.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Nah, they don't need to, they just laugh at necros and mages when they solo /kill raid bosses.
  11. Darkark Augur

Magelo.
    GameParse.
    Lucy Item Collector.
    Gina.
    Mumble / Teamspeak Overlays.
    etc.
  12. Axxius Augur

GINA is prohibited on Phinigel? :eek:
  13. Silv Augur

Oh noz! Must use in-game AT system. /ragequit
  14. Angahran Augur

They need to clarify what 3rd party software is allowed (e.g. that list, eqplaynice, innerspace, etc) and what is not allowed.

Afaik only 3rd party software that allows unattended gameplay or allows you to do things that the client does not, e.g. warping are banned.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Axxius Augur

No kidding. Forcing everybody to use the native AT's would be much more devastating than any anti-box restrictions. It better be a poor phrasing about '3rd party software'.
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

Oh man, time to call Gima and have him disable it for Phinigel!
  17. TarewMarrForever Augur

Roshen said, and this applies *all* servers:
    Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.

"Any method"? Really? *ANY*?

Like Mage pets? Hmmmm?

"take action", as in killing mobs and auto-looting them while AFK????

:)

This has been happening on Live servers for 15 years now...and the advent of auto-loot has made it a farming field day!

How about you don't tell us we can't do things with automation that certain classes can do in *inherently* within the game, because, you know, it's kind of hypocritical?

Don't get me wrong: I don't agree with or condone AFK botting...but if you are going to enforce it, enforce it for all players and all classes. Equally.

The fact is, certain classes can AFK farm without the use of 3rd party automation.

The fact is, certain classes *fail* the litmus test posed by that line in red above. Absolutely. It's right there in red and white.

So if that is really DBG's stance, it's time to finally "fix" mage pets...

Or at least clarify the post...because what was said is not indicative of reality.
  18. Reht The Dude abides...

This is not new, it's not something they did specifically for Phinigel, this was done months ago. It's all part of the knowledge base.....

Silv likes this.
  19. Hellboy007 Augur

I think they only intend on it meaning one software..

They can not say the name or they would have to ban them self from the forum..
  20. Hellboy007 Augur

like i said "3rd party software" = <<Software that shall not be named>>.. they cant outright say we ban this software if used..

if they said the name of the software they would have to IP ban themselves from the forum.