No real plat sinks in EQ anymore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Reval Augur

Make a zone where you're crappin' plat that's necessary for progression, and then when you beat it you get an aura that while active is also crappin' plat (the graphic has to be there for this, or maybe you're swimming in a pool of money like scrooge mcduck for the pg version).
    Geroblue, Mayfaire and Silv like this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Always thought that when someone gets to 1000+ krono they should have access to a special house where they can swim in them a la Scrooge McDuck doing a:

[IMG]
  3. Motherlee Augur

I'm out of loyalty crowns after buying matching flower bags in May. I'd pay a lot of plat, (not cash) for perfected aug distillers and unattuners.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  4. Agrippa Augur

Suppose they could make loot in the new campaign tradable as most everything, including dragon loot, was in classic and for years after. I've camped or raided for most of my gear on Firiona Vie, yet I barely have any platinum to my name.
  5. Kravitz Augur

If they made all loot tradable DGC wins overall. As more people would buy Kronos. Lets face it, who has time to go out and farm stuff, most of the target audience for EQ1 is people in 30 to 60 range, who grew up playing EQ during their college years. I know I don't, which is why I manipulate the bazaar to control the market and gear my alts.
  6. Noirfu Augur

Tradeable high-end loot would make inflation worse, not better. Plat sinks are things you buy from merchants not other players. Trades don't take any plat out of the system.

The biggest issue here is the introduction of the Krono which made plat farming much more useful for many people, causing a lot more plat to enter the economy and causing massive inflation.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Kravitz Augur

This is very true. But, what will happen is if the team introduced all tradable items is the ceiling/inflation of items will go up to 2.1 million per item. We are already at 1.1 million, and that took about 2 years to happen, so another 2 years or so till we hit that ceiling and then people will really start to complaining about not enough plat sinks. The developers aren't to interested in controlling the economy based on what we have seen the last 5-6 years, the last time we had a significant plat sink was Secrets of Faydwer which cause a complete reversal of how the dev team wanted to handle plat sink cause most people complained there was one.

All they are interested in is how much $$ they can make in the short term and selling Krono is their driving factor, so for the time being tradable items or chase items seems to solve that for them. It will be interesting in 2 years when we hit that ceiling and they still haven't come up with a solution. This team hasn't been interested in introducing long term solutions for quite awhile now.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

kronos are so expensive because botters will pay more then the average player for kronos. They have tons of plat. No matter how much plat there is or isnt in the game krono will always be expensive for the average player because botters will always have so much more plat then the average player.
  9. Kravitz Augur

That is a very small minority is what I would guess. I've made most of my plat through price fixing and monopolizing the current bazaar system, and I'm close to 400 million plat equivalence in Krono. This doesn't involve any botting but shutting down every buyer and buying out traders as there is more demand then people using the bazaar system currently, i.e. no competition.

If they refuse to fix the system, its better to learn to abuse it imo. Nothing wrong with doing that.
  10. Reval Augur

This Kravitz fellow sounds like a great guy. There's no way that logic could ever ruin anything.
    Kravitz and Sheex like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

There are fewer doing what you do. And botters buy 3-6 krono a month each. Plus a server can't support very many people doing what you say you are doing. A couple players at most. While servers can have quite a few botters farming away rare raid drops and even basics to skew the market severely. You can only buy and sell but botters mess up the whole supply system. And I think it's clear that botters have severely messed up the progression servers supply and demand system. No any talk of bazaar/barter giants being the main factor is a side issue.

I do agree that lower server populations make it easier to game the bazaar/barter system though. They also make the effect of botters even more severe too.

As for abusing the system maybe you do or maybe you want it fixed and so state that. Since you aready said you have no problem abusing a system its hard to tell which system you are trying to abuse :).

As for it being ok to abuse it so thoroughly? Shrugs. I what you mean is that there is no penalty for doing it. Being ok might involve some sort of morality call. Do a lot of people play the system a little bit? I am sure they do.

To be honest what you do is no different then what we old D&D players used to call min/maxing. You try to play the system to get the very best abilities a character can get. Not against the rules.. but not with the spirit of them either. But I agree you are breaking no game rules.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's the difference between running into someone on the freeway or just cutting them off. One of them's dangerous to others and against the law, the other one's just being a dbag because they can and they'll get to work 0.02 minutes faster.

If people get off on playing that way, so be it. But it's the kind of behavior that reminds me why I have zero interest in ever playing on FV and that I'll pretty much avoid the bazaar on live as much as possible.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Goth Augur

You know i dont think it matters. In the short run it might make more kronos sell. I play on FV i dont really think its much different. Group gear is dirt cheap you can buy Cotf raid gear for 2M or lower.

Could you imagine the flood of gear in the bazaar on normal servers if they switched off No Drop. It could be the most interesting few months in the history of the bazaar. So much plat would be shifting hands.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed. I don't think the buy and sell game is bad in itself but like most things when it is taken to extremes it is bad.
  15. Goth Augur

i think its the opposite. high-end gear becomes a hell of a lot cheaper when its tradable. FV experence here. I mean you could buy entire raid sets for the same prices as a couple rares on a normal server.

krono are still about 1-1.5Mpp on FV. I think its the same on all servers
  16. Kravitz Augur

I've already stated numerous times they should try to fix it over the years, and even offered a comprehensive solution, on these forums as well as back channeling through PM's to developers. They don't want too, and see the system as fine as it is. Sure I wanted them to fix it for a very long time, but they refuse too, so now I've joined the effort to abuse it like others have in the past. Either sit on the sideline and wait for nothing to happen or take advantage of it.
  17. Noirfu Augur

Bazaar transactions don't bring any plat into or out of the economy. It comes in ohly from killing mobs and goes out only from buying things from merchants. Everything else just moves it around. Kronos encourage people to spend their in-game time farming plat instead of doing something else. Since there are very limited merchant plat sinks, it just keeps building up.

Of course the bazaar price for an item will decline if the supply increases but the total supply of platinum in circulation is the real problem.
  18. Goth Augur

Yes correct unless you buy remotely EQ gets 10%.

Inflation wise it doesnt matter unless 1) the value of pp buys you less 2) tons of plat is entered in the game.

If anything all highend gear being trade-able will make plat go further as you get more for less.

have to get more plat out of the hands of players to make inflation go down.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

There are some people who look at EQ as a trading / money making game (or sidegame). Then there are people like me who play (in their own minds) a swaggering hero who just loots the treasure and throws gold pieces to the begger boy and innkeeper without counting.

I don't care if they add plat sinks for those who feel they have "too much" platinum. What I object to is when they create things almost everyone needs and price them really high to "get rid of platinum".

The old prices for aug removers was a sore point for me. The prices to create visible armor are a current sore point. There are a great many of us who play EQ to get away from worrying about real life money problems. The last thing we want is to have to worry about it in a fantasy game.
    Geroblue, Sita, Agrippa and 1 other person like this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This thread has been res'd twice.. we going to let it fade for a few months and go for three?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Motherlee like this.