Is plug being pulled on LoN?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DBCooper, Jul 25, 2015.

1. DBCooper Elder

All images from cards and packs blank, all loot cards showing as chimera mount Like many people, I expect the plug to get pulled at some point, but I'd like to have the chance to claim any loot cards I have or trade for ones I want before its over.

With no devs for LoN, these kind of bugs/errors probably won't be fixed and its considered a legacy system that will only work until it no longer does so with no support, right?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I have 323 Choose A Packs unclaimed. I would be very upset if LoN was shut down with no warning given to claim them within a reasonable amount of time.

I just haven't gotten around to claiming them because there was no hurry to do so.
    Nniki and Garshok like this.
  3. Garshok Augur

/agree, Fanra.

A while back I /claimed all of the experience potions on my accounts, but I do have card packs to open and other things I'd claim if I knew LoN was being closed down.

I'd like to think that they would give some warning - or at least reimbursement for unopened tradeable packs.
  4. Motherlee Augur

Looks buggy.
  5. Calamity Lorekeeper

Yes, please fix the graphics bug! LoN has amazing art and there are a few of us still hanging on to the game. I intend to keep playing until the server is finally shut down. Please don't let this game fade away, even if it is only kept on life support like it currently is.
  6. Tnexus Journeyman

This bug has been around for over two years now. The gist of it is that the LoN programmer (Crieger) was working on a better way to streamline LoN when SOE pulled the plug on LoN development. The system was sort of in, but since the team got disbanded, it was never fully finished.

I did have a workaround post on the LoN forums (before they got nuked with zero warning, thanks guys!). Essentially the patcher has bad files it's giving you.

Delete the contents of your assets folder in the LoN directory. Download this zip file and drop both files in your assets directory. This is essentially all the card images. It's supposed to build this file by downloading the images as you see them (hence streamlined). It doesn't work always though due to some permissions bug. This is just a completed file of that, so no downloading from DB required.

Some people can stop here. If it's still not working for you, download this file and replace the cards.rcc in your main directory. Now anytime you run the patcher, it'll try to override this file. Bypass that by using the LegendsofNorrath.exe file. They stopped including it in the downloader around the time of the creation of the Launchpad, but it still works. It'll be in the base LoN directory. If you don't see it, here's a copy.

The "fix" that DB needs to do is push these two files to the patcher. I doubt they will though. (In case anyone is wondering, the cards.rcc file came from Crieger.)
    Terminat, Nniki, Drewie and 2 others like this.
  7. Calamity Lorekeeper

Thank you Tnexus. Glad you are still part of the LoN community.

It was the cards.rcc file for me. I did not have to make any changes to my assets folder, I only had to replace the cards.rcc file with the one you linked.
  8. Tsolaes Elder

Thanks for the tech support, Tnexus. It fixed my card art bug except for the avatar pictures on the LoN menu, but that is better than blank cards!
  9. Kinadorm Augur

DBG needs to get this fixed. Since no new cards are being added at this point it seems like adding the full files to the patcher is the easiest fix. If they can't fix it then LoN is finally dead I think as it is no fun to play with blank/black graphics.

I was hoping with the success of Hearthstone that DBG would consider some renewed LoN development but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  10. Riou EQResource

Smedley did talk about Hearthstone and about the card games they did have should have been more like it or w/e. This was like 2 years ago though now lol.

I never liked LoN because of how complicated it was :p
  11. Vivamort Augur

I have a lot of stuff that I haven't claimed yet from LoN.

So does anyone know if there is some kind of limit to how much one can have in an accounts /claim queue? I don't want to just claim everything and lose some of my available claims if there is a limit.
  12. porky Augur

Didn't work for me still cant see any graphics.
  13. DBCooper Elder

I have 143 different items in my claim window on my main account, so at least that much.
  14. Nolrog Augur

They "pulled the plug" on LoN a long time ago. I doubt they will shut it down though. It doesn't really cost much to use, and based on this thread (and my own card inventory) people have tons of unclaimed loot cards and unclaimed packs (PR nightmare if they do.)

TNexus is the man of LoN info though.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  15. YellowBelly Augur

Curious why they would be ignoring LON. A few whales have posted here over the years talking about how they had spent 5k+ on boxes.
  16. Tnexus Journeyman

You tried both the cards.rcc file fix and the assets folder fix?
  17. porky Augur

Did both but it repatched itself not sure how to turn that off
  18. Iila Augur

LoN will be put down when it breaks itself too much to fix easily.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's being treated as a black box that somehow generates income at this point.
  19. DrAxe Journeyman

Thats really too bad, i used to love the tournaments. Though they really screwed up when they made cards locked to your account, that was when i completely lost interest. Then add they removed packs from dropping in game, which was great to bring in new players to LON, and or just keep EQ players interested in checking it out.
  20. Tnexus Journeyman

Look back at my original post and there's a link for the LegendsofNorrath.exe file to use if you're using the Standalone client (to bypass Launcher). If you're running it through EQ Launcher, uncheck the Legends of Norrath box in Select Game Version to stop it from patching in that Launcher. Alternatively, if that doesn't work, just copy your LoN directory outside of the EQ directory, swap those files, and use the LegendsofNorrath.exe to make it become the standalone client.