Big Thanks

Discussion in 'Casters' started by silku, Dec 20, 2012.

1. silku Augur

Big thanks to Mykaylla for being our voice(enchanters) today in the Eq AA chat. She did a marvelous job! The chat logs are posted in the veteran forums if anyone wants to read them. Also a big thanks to Eli for taking the time to listen to us, looking forward to seeing the results.
  2. EverChanter Augur

Great ideas from all who attended (chanters only, duh!). A good amount of promising improvements for the class, ready to see the end results of the talks :)
  3. Fyrerock Augur

Nothing you guys asked for is going to help the average enchanter to get into a group. With how rare we need to CC these days and even more important, how mez is almost never resisted when we do cast it, most of our AA abilities to CC are just a waste for the most part.
  4. EverChanter Augur

I beg to differ...
    Additions to mana crystals helps all enchanters (if you use them). I just don't understand why people can't look for the long term goals of what we asked, I get the whole "I want stuff now" but there's things we worked for that will GREATLY help you get a group once it's in place and defined more. 98% of what was discussed in the threads was brought up, so to say nothing we asked for will help implies nothing anyone put forward would have helped. That's a fault of ALL playing enchanters, including myself and you. a 6 target ae lurch is HUGE for chanters who pull. They want to work to put a new set of mana transfer aa's in, which affects ALL aspects of playing enchanters. Changes and additions to charm is something group playing enchanters asked for.

Illusions of Grandeur.
    Group v1 activated buff.
    2: Increase Chance to Critical DoT by 10%
    3: Increase Chance to Critical HoT by 10%
    4: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 10%
    5: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 10% and Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 10% of Base Damage

This is bigger then I think you are taking it...This can be the starting ground for some incredible additions, depending on how they run with it and would be GAME CHANGING for the group game enchanter. 3 more ranks of Forceful Banishment is a great addition to all aspects. More ranks to clinging root.

I'm not sure how these are not great additions to the class, and will hinder the "average" enchanter, am I missing something?
  5. Nylrem Augur

Seems like a buncha whining to me, to be honest. It is semi difficult for anyone, of any class, to get into an honest to goodness pickup group nowadays. EQ is so old, that it is mostly comprised of cliques of people that consistantly group together on a very regular basis. The best way is to make a semi regular group of friends, that know you, your play style, and have likeminded goals.

I am happy to group with anyone that is good at their class. I have found that anyone that is good, is better than a merc, any day. If I think they aren't so good, I usually try and assist them. If they seem resistant to change, resistant try to improve or play their class better, then I don't group with them any more.

If by now you have not found a group of friends that enjoy grouping with you, I would suggest that it is most likely your skill, attitude, playstyle, or some other undesirable trait that is most likely causing it, and maybe you should do an honest evaluation and attempt to figure out where the issue is.
    Raptorjesus5 and Mellifleur like this.
  6. Nenton Augur

While this is nice (and a new AA for enchanters), it's going to be the copy of the Bard version that's a one shot pull. It needed to be explained to Eli that the single target, real lurch ability was being asked for as a replacement for the level-capped, nerfed Compliant Lurch for the group game. His immediate response was that we were asking for two new things along the same vein so no. We weren't.

There were a lot of "yes" responses in that chat but I have to agree with Fyre. I have all those AA's and most of them aren't even on my hotbars let alone ever used. The Bard/Enchanter support gap wasn't really closed any in that chat.
  7. Fyrerock Augur

You had it right "lurch is HUGE for chanters who PULL", but really what percentage of the enchanter player base pull, and the ones that do pull well, do they have a hard time finding a group? An AE lurch is going to be a toy, and a boring toy at that, where an enchanter will run up to a group of mobs, cast lurch and run back to the group and mez them all at zero risk to himself and the group, I call that BORING.

How is more ranks of clinging root and forceful banishment as game changing, when most pullers only bring back one mob at a time, and most tanks can survive the beating from more then one mob at a time. I only used root once in the last expansion, against mez immune mobs, but then stopped because it was still safer and faster to pull with the monk.

Mana transfer does not effect the group game, because nobody has mana issues anymore, even the clerics are not running out of mana when a group is killing a named.

If you want the majority of enchanters charming, then nothing less than a fixed duration charm will accomplish that, so any changes to charm will not effect the majority of the enchanter player base.

The vast majority of groups are based around melee, and these people are looking for buffs that increase the damage done during a burn, so again most leaders of a group will not care if we had illusion of grandeur buff at all.

Everything you guys talked about is for the 10 percent of the class, that already have zero problems getting into a group, the other 90 percent that I always see with lfg on or going enchanter looking for a group in guild chat, will not benefit from the changes.
  8. Filatal Augur

I was there, and while I showed solidarity with the wishes of the others, I totally agree with Fyre. There are some very nice things on the list. But, if the Grandeur goes in, its half of what a bard can do. We still have no utility in pure melee groups in a group or raid setting. Yes, I know SOE has stated they want chanters to be for casters what bards are for melee. But as long as we aren't for melee what bards are for casters, we will be second class citizens. And not pushing that at every opportunity is a mistake. One I won't make again.
  9. silku Augur

I agree with Fil. I think it was a mistake not to ask for more melee utility, but it is what it is. I group with casters most of the time anyway. I do appreciate those who were there and gave ideas.
  10. fransisco Augur

If your not in raid gear, mana is a huge issue.
    I play my chanter with my mage, and I partner with someone who plays a mage and a wizard.
    We all always push our mana bars. More is always better
  11. Croesus New Member

With the general AA chat happening today, does anyone have an objection to asking that the slot on Beguiler's Banishment Root change from slot 12 back to slot 2 until they fix the root stacking bug?
  12. Fyrerock Augur

But nobody is going to invite an enchanter into a group to hand out some mana once in a blue moon.
  13. fransisco Augur

no, but more mana will make us better anyways.
  14. Fyrerock Augur

True but the only problem with enchanters is our low desirability in getting into a group, now with the new expansion being easy it does not hurt a group to bring along a low dps toon, but in Voa a group needed major dps to kill names and an enchanter did not bring enough for a non raiding geared group to help out.
  15. fransisco Augur

in velious mages sucked, whats your point.
    Changes made will be for enchanters in RoF, not past expansions.

Mana transfer will hugely affect the group game. Most groups (those 90% not in raid gear or 3k+ AAs) are always running short on mana. I charm, nuke, mez, lull continually in my groups. All my group mates are nuking as much as mana will allow.
    More mana brings more dps to the group - just ask bards
  16. Haegar Augur

I can´t believe that NO ONE asked about beguilers banishment root :(
  17. silku Augur

We only had so much time, and Eli was getting cranky and ended the chat about 2 hours early. For instance, above someone keeps saying mana is the most important thing. At one point Eli indicated he wanted no more questions about mana, so a lot of those ideas were shelved. They apparently already have an idea of how to fix the mana issue. Beguiler's root is not something they are unaware about. It's been around a long time.
  18. Croesus New Member

So I asked about Beguiler's Banishment Root and it was shot down. I'm not sure why though. It seems far more broken in its current incarnation
  19. EverChanter Augur

I don't get it. I have never been unable to find a group in 12 years of playing. You must be the NEW, YOUNGER, IT enchanters, because if you can't look at what Grandeur will be you are missing something critical. A skill that gives you as much desirability as a bard (other fade and selos). This is something you guys complained about for YEARS; the building blocks for it is now there and again you aren't happy. We asked what you guys asked for, so what's the problem here? Are we mad he said no to my pet illusions? No, I'm used to be told no to. None of these things asked affects me, at all. I deleveled my chanter to 65 to do progression so yes there's one type of chanter none of this helps....mine.
  20. Mykaylla Augur

I believe he wouldn't want to change it back because
    a) there were a lot of complaints about the original slot conflicts, so changing it back would make some people happy, and not others (but still an incomplete fix), and
    b) There's a decent chance that it's something code already has on their agenda.

And, I know, the dummy root problem sucks at the moment. :/ I can only hope it's soon.