Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Frenzic Augur

I look forward to meeting you on the battlefield.
    Chanaluss likes this.
  2. Flandersian Augur

You can also respond to posts with no context. Grats!
  3. rekais910 Augur

While I understand why the leader of ROE is doing what he is doing. He's doing it because there is no other choice. I'm sure people disagree, but the only battlefield should be between the players and the raid target. cause trust me you ain't battling against each other.. you're battling against the raid target. adjacent to each other...
    Jadefox likes this.
  4. Groans Augur

Of course people want things to evolve to meet our demands.. your almost saying it like its a stupid thing....

it boils down to people not wanting the folks that ruined the other prog servers to ruin their time on this one too with simple greed and unbalanced availability. Im not sure why it is so hard to understand maybe your being sarcastic. seems super silly if your not.
  5. Amor Augur

And most of your posting proves some people are on par with amoebas for brain cells. Grats!
  6. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

As someone who used to be a hardcore raider, I haven't seen this much bad blood since triton ended the warder rotation
    Vaclav likes this.
  7. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

First I just want to mention to everyone saying, oh well if you spent time in game then on the forum then you might get a shot at raid targets: Even forgetting the fact that I don't believe you, I kind of have a job. And while I am free to surf the internet from my cubicle, I can most definitely not play EverQuest here. This is 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, you know, for you guys who don't understand what a job is.

This is NOT how the "classic" EQ raid scene was. Not to mention that I imagine many of the people here (myself included) were progression raiders at one point or another in the early stages of EQ Live. Can I remind you that not everyone necessarily wants to join the same overcrowded guild? This server is larger than any server in EQ history, which translates to significantly less raid loot/targets per person.

Back in "classic," people did not 2 group raid bosses. [Unnamed third party] program did not exist at the time, and even when it was created, was only used by a handful of people. There was a play nice policy. My server had rotations. Krono did not exist. No level 50 mages would just stroll into my LGuk sage camp that I was at for 5 hours last night and just say they are taking it, and train us when we put up a fight to hold our ground. I'm sick of hearing the "oh but it's classic" excuse when it's convenient, because these same people are the ones who use the "it's not classic, it's TLP" excuse when the former doesn't fit them.

This fix does absolutely nothing to fix the toxic/monopolized raiding community at the endgame, and most people pretending it does are probably already in a guild that cleared classic. Our guild chooses not to raid against these targets at this point (by choice), because we do not want second jobs. DBG did not even mention what they are doing about the prime instances of these raid zones. I imagine (for example) Sol B prime will now be capped just like Commons prime. What happens when 100 people are in the zone? Competition is just cancelled, because nobody can zone in.

What happens when you suddenly increase the difficulty of raid targets that have only been killed by a handful of guilds? Well, those guilds are the ones with the real loot pinata, because they are the ones who got CoF, etc. before the difficulty was increased. Now they already have better gear going into these harder encounters. There are so many things wrong with this "multi-pronged solution," I don't even know where to start and where to end. But the long and short of it, is I will eat my shoe if this actually improves the health of endgame raids. I'm at least pretty sure the guild I'm in won't be changing their stance on not competing any time soon, and I fully support them in that decision.

Just because it was like this in the past does not mean it should not be fixed. If something is broken, it should be fixed. DBG continues to say instancing remains on the table, but honestly that's not good enough. This server will be a nightmare come Kunark and Velious and I will take no part in it (besides maybe just levelling up in era for nostalgia purposes) if they continue this trend. It's truly disgusting, but I'm not surprised. It sure is easy to look down on others when you're at the top, huh?

Let the two guilds have everything, then the servers die, people go away. Nobody buys krono anymore and they have nobody left to compete with but each other. Wooo, somuchfun! The real question should be, why you guys are so against people wanting legitimate chances at raid bosses? You've already freely admitted that you won't even respect a first in force anyway, and will just dps race ftw, and since you already have the best gear, it won't be too hard to win that, amirite?

How do they even introduce any kind of fix without addressing memblur. Totally disgusting and reeking of laziness. The only reason this is the solution that they're going with, is because it requires the least work, and Roshen has some rose-colored beer goggles on that have distorted his version of what classic "should" be to some sick and twisted vision where other players have to make each other feel bad to get their willies off.

I said it before and I'll say it again, there's a reason all successful MMO's now use instancing for the majority of raid content, and it's a damned good one. Sure, maybe you 1% really get off on being immature teenagers, but most of us don't enjoy it one bit. Raids should be instanced and available to any guild with the numbers, levels, gears, and ability to handle them. It's not like EQ even got difficult until instancing. PoTime in era, LDoN raids in era, and GoD in era was the hardest EQ I ever played before I quit a few years later (due to other reasons). So the instanced content has the real difficulty, and this classic stuff just has fluff. I wish I could go visit it in proper dynamic zones for nostalgic purposes, but I can only fight for raid instancing so much longer.

TL;DR: This "solution" does nothing to address the core problem of raid instancing. All it does, is add 4 load balancing zones, and provide some comfort in the fact that once Kunark is released you will at least be able to play in zones like KC and OS.
    Nenton likes this.
  8. Finwen Augur

College football determined a national champion with the crappiest system ever for over 100 years. That doesn't mean people stopped watching it. There is only one Everquest, and the raiding situation is completely out-dated garbage for a server of this type. If they can make it better, they should.

Tradition is a guide and not a jailer.
  9. Hexaholic Augur

They are catering to the MASSES, not to the the minorities. The masses asked for instancing / something to do be done about the population in high end zones / raids. So they instanced them, and said they were leaving raid targets contended spawns. This looks like a win for both sides to me. They made it to where people can farm all the gear they want / need (other than raid target dropped gear, which isn't a farm anyways, since so little drops) and left raiding mobs in contention. You should just be putting together a raid force to raid, rather than sitting on the forums, stating how they only cater to the minorities, when they're clearly catering to the masses. Again, they literally couldv'e just left it how it was voted on, and classic only, without instancing at all. You do know they've stated that they weren't planning on instancing Kunark AT ALL, right?
  10. Numiko Augur

Is there going to be any testing of the new raid boss's power before it goes live?
    or will it just be "surprise! naggy is now 100% MR and hits for 2K!"

I can foresee several quick patches following if the devs are just guessing how hard to make them.
    Gknight likes this.
  11. rekais910 Augur

You may not be, but plenty of other members of TL did plenty of hating outside of the forums. That is part of the problem. They are hating here because they have been given many reasons to hate. ironically enough prolly in the plane of hate.
  12. Greymere Augur

It was a half of a fix, the server had a loot scarcity problem(25%-50% of what was in original) and the raid targets were too easy to defeat, so fixing both those things were a huge plus, additionally only having the target in the base instance frees up load balancing that has made the population much friendlier in the wide world apart from raids.

If you want to apply the same fix for raids you have two options you either have to either apply the same /pickzone effect to all raid targets which would elevate raid targets to being essentially advanced group content and increase the raid items to being too common, at which point you may as well have just instanced everything. The other option is to increase content to reasonable levels and artificially restrict players from being rewarded with all the extra content ie Lock out periods, or flagging players with a timeout if they have gotten a raid kill essentially preventing them from monopolizing all of them. Sure they can make alts or have a B team, but all those players still have to race one another.

Personally I'm for taking a wait and see what happens approach to what happened, and lets see what effect the current changes have on the raid scene before screaming the world is over instance everything. If Nagafen and Vox can be told to teleport players 53+ out of their presence, they should be able to apply the same effect to any player with the appropriate flag to any raid target. Kill a raid target receive an invisible flag for a period of time that teleports you out of the bosses presence.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. Diemond Augur

Just a small correction, Breeze is the The Leader of RoE. And we aren't doing it because there is no other choice, there are always choices, we just choose not to sit on the sidelines and wait and see.
    Gknight and Frenzic like this.
  14. Flandersian Augur

Key words bolded, underlined, and Italian-ized. "Server of this type" would indicate a special ruleset. One that may have been specified with an outline designed from previously successful progression servers. If they want to make an "Instanced For You" prog server, then by all means. It sounds like it would be a hit.
  15. rekais910 Augur

Which means that to raid you have no choice but to build up an equally huge force and go at it. that's the exact meaning of no other choice. This far removes players who want to play with their friends and families or don't want to raid in an absolutely massive guild in order to get any shot. The only reason I was geared on fippy was because of my very high raid attendance.
  16. Finwen Augur

17. Hexaholic Augur

But this IS exactly how the classic raid scene was, at least on our server (Cazic Thule). There were 2 or more guilds at every poopsock, just waiting it out, to fight over the spawn, by any means necessary.

The health will remain what it is now, or slowly die down, as people realize that DBG isn't instancing the raid bosses themselves.

Also there isn't that huge of an advantage. I mean only like 2 CoFs have even dropped since Naggy has been dying anyways. People tend to act like these raid targets drop some huge amount of loot, when in actuality they drop 4 to 5 pieces for a 72+ man sized raid. There isn't an overwhelming amount of loot that some believe to drop. Even being at the raid, in the guild that kills it, doesn't mean you're getting anything except a pat on the back.

I think they've done a great job with the nostalgia side of it. This is how it was, and they're trying to stay as close as they can do to that, yet still trying to help out the population by putting in instances for all zones. It's just sad to me that people just want it all, like literally all of it, but at the same time refuse to actually do any work / put in the time for it.
  18. Flandersian Augur

Finwen:

Agree to disagree. You're not crazy enough to have fun with on here. ;)
    Finwen likes this.
  19. Hexaholic Augur

There's the answer!!!!! DBG should either make a 100% instanced server, OR people can go on EQEMU, and make their very own server, and raid anything they like, in any expansion, to their hearts content!
  20. Owndar Elder

Does you guilds application process still include "how many bots do you plan to raid with" as part of the application. Also, we both you both do it. Only difference is TL doesn't every stop crying about when it happens to them.