[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O_Castitatis_Lilium Lorekeeper

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is minimal human interaction. You hit one key to control the one and the other 5 are automated through that one keystroke...your first line defeated your whole argument.
  2. Tamier Augur

Because thats constructive and valid? You asked for black and white rules because several of you were too lazy to look them up yourselves. I provided them. By textbook definition, ie. the rules, using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] violates the section 14 on cheating.
  3. Master Kahleem Augur

This is completely FALSE and is actually the other way around. SIX people can react far faster, and more accurately, to situations than one person can. We've wiped so many times because we can't handle all the actions we have to in order to survive that a 6man group could easily achieve.

You just proved you have no experience whatsoever, and have no idea what you're talking about Maltheus. You sound like that senator who was saying that a woman's body has ways of "shutting down" sexual assault.

I hope you're being sarcastic.
    Maltheus likes this.
  4. Blackdot New Member

Plz read my first post on page 1 :) no scripts. Just hands. Is that automation??
  5. Silv Augur

Oh, I am. I just want to confirm for everyone that based on your interpretation of the EULA/TOS that if you utilize Ventrilo/Teamspeak, WinEQ2, GINA, or GamParse you should be banned. It has nothing to do with whether or not you ever used 3rd party software yourself. So, are you just targeting [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or are you actually standing by your TOS?
  6. Tons Journeyman

The last time I checked Teamspeak/Ventrillo and recording software have zero function with EQ. They are independent programs. Do you count watching Netflix on a second screen as part of your laughable logical fallacy?
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

What is there to argue? The exception to the points of the TOS that you are arguing for has been met. Piestro, in his capacity as the community manager - a duly authorized representative of the company, posted that that use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is not against the rules in and of itself. Can't get much clearer. Yes, the company changed ownership which could lead to a change regarding [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], but until they state otherwise, it has been expressly authorized.
    Warpeace, Melanippe and Silv like this.
  8. Tamier Augur

DBG's has not said at any point in time, that [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is ok. Incorrect sir.
  9. O_Castitatis_Lilium Lorekeeper

lol I'm glad to see a funny and light hearted thread about this lol.
  10. Rhoulicas Augur

3. Broadcasting. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] allows you to press one key and send a single keystroke to any number of open clients. This is a one for one thing. Press 1, send 1, or send whatever key you choose to bind to it. THIS IS LIMITED TO A SINGLE KEYSTROKE. That keystroke can be tied to a macro in game to execute whatever is possible via macros IN GAME. You CANNOT do any scripting or macro work within [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. This is why [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is not considered cheating. It is simply a tool to help manage multiple accounts at once.

I am pretty sure this was mentioned and labeled as "bad" by one of the devs during the latest broadcast on Twitch..
    Freki likes this.
  11. ~NURTA~ New Member

What is Krono?
  12. neverrain Elder

You are seriously stupid and have no clue what you are talking about if you truly think this.
    Willy Willers likes this.
  13. Maltheus Elder

I'm actually just a guy who has six boxed for 5 years that is tired of these threads and lacks a good sarcasm font. I'm now posting in this font so people know it's not real.
  14. Tamier Augur

My interpretation? Its right there in front of you. I didn't write it. I'm simply reminding you of what it says. According to DBG's ToS, using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is illegal on multiple of the points it makes in that ToS.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Can you show in writing where it is forbidden? and don't try and quote Holly and a twitch stream.
  16. vardune Augur

They sure are and its very simple to use and setup.
  17. Shmef Augur

a company name change does not mean all of their policies immediately become null
  18. Silv Augur

He says that [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] provides an unfair advantage. Speaking to other people in game clearly provides an advantage over those who don't. Please try and tell me otherwise; I'd love to know how those raids are going for ya without it - functional? Yes. Easier with vent? Yes.
  19. Maltheus Elder

Krono is some sort of drug in the movie Snowpiercer.
  20. Melanippe Augur

Bare bones definition of automation = UNTOUCHED by human hands.

Key press = touched by a human hand
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.