[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MobileVortex Journeyman

And on a fundamental level, parallel =/= in series. So yes there is a very large difference between alt tabbing between characters to play them and broadcasting commands.
  2. Gimple Elder

So basically, your the guy at the party that eats all the chips and says, "well, you shoulda baught more chips! I told you their wasn't enough! Go get me....er...."us"....more chips!"

Yea, real cool of you to warn us.

/facepalm
    Tamier likes this.
  3. neverrain Elder

You lost all credibility when you used the phrase "broadcasting mojo". I bet you think the internet is a series of tubes too.
  4. Tamier Augur

Yes reading comprehension is important, and you are misrepresenting falsely as you left out the main part: or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, as expressly authorized by Daybreak. Only a complete moron would claim there is no advantage gained whatsoever from using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], ISBoxers have admitted it is an advantage on these forums.

You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak.
  5. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

By tamiers standards in game macros are cheating and should get you banned, because they provide automation.
    Adrienna and Silv like this.
  6. Lokrian New Member

I fail to understand why so many people care now. . . .
    From my understanding people have been using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] for at least 5-6 years on live. How or why is it so different now?
    I have a sneaking suspicion all the "get rid of boxers" folks have gotten too used to P99.

For the record, I don't box. I prefer my game experience to be that of 1 char, not 3 or 6.
    I'm not a fan of a ks'ing [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] groups, but i'm also not a fan of a ks'ing real person group.

DGB are knowledgeable and intellectual folks. If [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] was against the rules, don't you think they would have taken action by now? You playing on ragefire and over analyzing the wordage of descriptions of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] doesn't make it any different than it has been for the last several years........
  7. neverrain Elder

Now explain how any of this is different if it was 6 friends who only played exclusively together and with no one else.

Plus, and no offense, but every single person making this argument seems like a . I wouldn't want to play with you guys anyway.
    Zechs likes this.
  8. MobileVortex Journeyman

Neverrain by making a personal attack on my credibility you have also forfeited the validity of this debate. Lighten up man - your post was informative and you're clearly biased. Good day.

Edit:

Let me also mention that I've used [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and that other bad thing we aren't supposed to talk about on the EZ server. I do know how they work, I know it's not magic. It is however, an advantage.
    Tamier likes this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

#1 complaint I have seen and needs addressed stop leaving it at DPS war. Its grieving plain and simple make it stop.
    Tamier likes this.
  10. Tamier Augur

One is within the rules, and the other is not.
  11. Rauven Augur

Slippery slope argument.

Means nothing. What matters is, does the behavior of the players' toons match certain criteria. Sorry but a browser, TS, and other 'programs' don't make it match that criteria.

Moving in sync, using abilities in concert, and non-responsiveness do however. That's why the OP was suspended. Sorry buddy but he was a suspended. that's a fact you can't get around.

Box Garuda or Titan Hardmode in FFXIV for your boxes relic weapons and see how well that goes for you.

Don't give me that. I've boxed in several other games too. Usually to make use of Recruit-a-Friend benefits. It doesn't make things harder, specially when you are cloning keypresses. You make a macro (social in EQ) for follow. Put it on 0. Then put it on 0 on every boxed toon. Set them all to follow the same person. Clone that keypress and you have a 'get in formation' button. If you're playing all mages, its no harder than playing one mage with 6x the firepower. I know I did it in WoW with warlocks. I've even done the more complex thing with priest, warrior, and mage. You just set up some keys to clone and others to not. So you can fire off heals without the other toons doing anything.

The difference is, in other games you can box to a point. Then it becomes harder and harder before its no longer feasible. In EQ its feasible all the way to 105. Only the top 1% of content isn't doable with a box, and that content isn't open to Ragefire or Lockjaw.

No named encounter, whether its Nagafen or Vox, or even Emperor Crush or Dorn, should be easy enough to box.

If that means regular groups struggle with them, I'm fine with that. Everquest players have been touting for a decade that they are better than other MMO players. That they had it tougher than them for nearly two decades.

Lets see them prove it. Lets get harder and more difficult content and see what we can do with it. I have no issue with boxers. I have an issue that the game can be completed through by boxing. That its possible to do that. Not that people are doing it.
  12. taliefer Augur

id consider not having to interact with 5 other clients to get them to do something a pretty heavy gameplay modification.

i dont particularly care that people 6 box, but some of the arguments for it are just as ridiculous as Tamier
    MobileVortex likes this.
  13. Tamier Augur

Again you failed to read, and post from the hip sounding ignorant of the topic at hand. The rule says unless expressely authorized by DBG's. Obviously they authorize their own program.
  14. Melanippe Augur

Tamier, it's quite easy to contact either John Smedley, CEO and President of Daybreak Games or Holly Longdale, Executive Producer of EverQuest and EverQuest II.

If you really do want a definitive answer, may I suggest you do so, then be so kind as to share their replies.
  15. Rauven Augur

The fact that its so easy to box does affect my gameplay. That means the content is way too easy. That means you don't need to plan before an encounter, just zerg it.

Boxing isn't a problem. Easy simple content is the problem. We're getting laughed at by WoW players over here.
  16. Silv Augur

So, just to be clear: you also oppose the use of ventrilo/teamspeak, GINA, GamParse, and WinEQ2?
  17. Tamier Augur

It has always been an issue. People brought it up with SoE. Smedley just didn't care, he hoped they would make more money ignoring it. People still care now. Why is it louder now? 2 fold. For one, it is having at least some impact on a new server. And secondly, because a new company has the helm, and they're trying to get the rules enforced.
  18. Warpeace Augur

B
    The big clue was he was making fun of you.
  19. Maltheus Elder

Obviously it's because one person playing six characters is FAR superior to six players playing one. One person is able to react so much more quickly with each character than if they were just playing one character. There is also the issue of boxers receiving unlimited hitpoints and exp bonuses.
  20. Ragnard Elder

I think the main reason is the overpopulation of the server. They see some guy killing mobs with 6 mages and they're automatically the reason why they can't find mobs to kill.

I doubt DBG has the staff to handle all the work that comes with enforcing a no-boxing rule, much less the motivation to do it when many players choose to run more than 1 account.

I play a terribly inefficient ranger + shaman alt-tab duo on Ragefire, and have had several people send me nasty tells about how I've been reported for boxing and I'm ruining the game, etc... If people could just stop worrying about everyone else so much, we'd have a much better player base (and society, if you extend that beyond the game).
    Zechs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.