[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slasher Augur

If you guys think people are 6 boxing mages with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] i got a bridge to sell you.
  2. neverrain Elder

How is that any different than alt+tabbing and clicking those same buttons?

Better yet, how is that any different that using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to manage windows and clicking each instance and pressing those buttons?

You people are literally stupid.
  3. Tamier Augur

Under https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US&_ga=1.53235304.1972767918.1432522199

In just this part quoted you can find yourself on the above link:
    CHEATING

Maintaining the integrity of the Daybreak Games is extremely important to us. When an end user obtains an unfair advantage by cheating it can ruin the gaming experience for everybody else. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] was developed by a player, shared with other players, it gives the user an advantage over other users. Just this part alone, violates the ToS. You don't know what you are talking about sir. I've stated my opinion, and it is based on the facts in the ToS. Just because it has been ignored, doesn't make it legal. It doesn't change the ToS. The program, as written by a player, for the use of gaining an advantage over not using it (it's easier than boxing the hard way), is textbook violation of the rules. Yes no-one has ever enforced it to date, i'm well aware of that. Doesn't change the fact that thousands of players are mad they are not doing anything about it. You claim you know what you are talking about, but you never provide any proof. None of you defending it do. You just say its always been allowed so it's legal. No. It's always been allowed yes. For the sake of greed. But it still has never been legal per SoE's ToS, or DBG's ToS. Until they change the ToS, it is, has been, and will remain to be, an illegal program.
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  4. Maltheus Elder

Also you seem like somewhat of a and if I've helped you I regret it.
  5. Tamier Augur

No this is the offical word:

Under https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US&_ga=1.53235304.1972767918.1432522199

In just this part quoted you can find yourself on the above link:
    CHEATING

Maintaining the integrity of the Daybreak Games is extremely important to us. When an end user obtains an unfair advantage by cheating it can ruin the gaming experience for everybody else. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] was developed by a player, shared with other players, it gives the user an advantage over other users. Just this part alone, violates the ToS. You don't know what you are talking about sir. I've stated my opinion, and it is based on the facts in the ToS. Just because it has been ignored, doesn't make it legal. It doesn't change the ToS. The program, as written by a player, for the use of gaining an advantage over not using it (it's easier than boxing the hard way), is textbook violation of the rules. Yes no-one has ever enforced it to date, i'm well aware of that. Doesn't change the fact that thousands of players are mad they are not doing anything about it. You claim you know what you are talking about, but you never provide any proof. None of you defending it do. You just say its always been allowed so it's legal. No. It's always been allowed yes. For the sake of greed. But it still has never been legal per SoE's ToS, or DBG's ToS. Until they change the ToS, it is, has been, and will remain to be, an illegal program.
  6. Master Kahleem Augur

Guess we can't use Teamspeak.
    Guess we can't use DPS parsers.
    Guess we can't use programmable keyboards.
    Guess we can't use mice/keyboards of any kind (they use software written by other people to function).
    Guess we can't use our operating system.

HOLY GOD YOU'RE DUMB. STOP POSTING TAMIER!
    Adrienna, Zechs and Reht like this.
  7. Silv Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and all of the other 3rd party programs I listed do NOT modify gameplay. They do not sniff packets. They do not enable warping, runspeed changes, or read packets for spawn information. They require a person to be able to play the game. IE. Does not fall under the section you quoted directly.

Your definition of 'unfair' advantage is your opinion. Just because there is an easy way to do something does not mean it's unfair. You have as much ability to utilize it as anyone else. If you decide not to, that's your CHOICE.
    Melanippe likes this.
  8. MobileVortex Journeyman

The problem, put in as simple terms as I can fathom, is this. Using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] I can sit 6 identical mages at any given camp and press tab (my personal nearest NPC button) and this macro -> Title : make stuff dead, line one: /pet attack, line 2: /pause 2, line 3: /cast 1 (where the first spell is a nuke) <- and effectively kill stuff in my level range within casting distance. Without this broadcasting garbage you would have to switch to each toon and press these buttons on each one (2 key clicks becomes 12). Why is this obviously automation you say? You can effectively only play 1 character and do 6x the damage. Yes, it's only one keystroke at a time - doesn't sound like that much? In an open area you can leave broadcasting on and use movement keys - all of your characters will then do all the movements your main character is. So now we have a full group that is effectively played as one character and is quite mobile in outdoor zones.

This is what people have a problem with - we absolutely do not care about people fumbling around desperately attempting to run a warrior, cleric, enchanter, monk, bard, necro all at once in a dungeon.

As a side note since I saw it mentioned - if you only play a multi player game to eliminate the multiple player aspect... I kinda feel like there may be a better game for you?
  9. Melanippe Augur

Do you understand the following words?

Disassemble?
    Reverse engineer?
    Modify software?
    Decrypt data?
    Modify data?

From you statement, even after you actually posted that paragraph, quite clearly, you do not.
    Adrienna and Silv like this.
  10. Tamier Augur

Reported
  11. Vexen Lorekeeper

Maltheus, you cannot have a rational conversation with an irrational person. Some people would rather yell and scream to those trying to give advice than listen to such advice and figure out why they were suspended. I give up on this one.
  12. neverrain Elder

13. Tamier Augur

It absolutely does, it was a created program, it was shared, and it gives an advantage, it violates 3 parts of the section just quoted.
  14. deeznuts New Member

15. Tamier Augur

lol taking partial sentences out of context doesn't prove anything. It was a player created program, it was shared, the advantage is obvious to everyone and no-one will ever believe otherwise, especially the people paying to use it. Thats why they're out en masse trying to defend it so they won't loose it. Thats why they use it in the first place, because it's alot harder to box without it.
  16. Tamier Augur

Quit lying on other people, thats harrassment.
  17. Silv Augur

See, this is where reading comprehension is important. You cannot create or share a program THAT MEETS THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA: modify gameplay or provide an unfair advantage. We've already established that the advantage part is your opinion and that none of those programs modify game data. So, a person CAN create and distribute anything they want legally provided it doesn't do the above (modify/advantage).
    Melanippe likes this.
  18. MobileVortex Journeyman

that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users

There is no advantage over other users. Explain the advantage.

You can do things faster while 6 boxing using broadcasting mojo. In a DPS race for a named mob for example, given 2 identical 6 boxers one running broadcasting crap and the other not, the one with the broadcasting crap will win - because he can press the buttons faster.

Need more clarification?
    Riley likes this.
  19. Melanippe Augur

First let me apologize to the poster whose name escapes me for stealing his/her line. :)

Wait until they find out about AFK / Merc groups. ;)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. neverrain Elder

Based on this logic, all of these are bannable programs:

Guess we can't use Teamspeak. Takes communication outside of the game.
    Guess we can't use DPS parsers. Not a function provided in game.
    Guess we can't use mice/keyboards of any kind (they use software written by other people to function). He makes a good point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.