Introducing DaybreakGames.com!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Zarzac Augur

So if we can copy pokemon now can we make characters with those names?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The logo sorta reminds me of Jurassic Park. Maybe a raptor eye.
    Jordis likes this.
  3. Ozni Elder

To me it looks like they plucked one eye out of the Psygnosis owl.

[IMG]

Great going guys, this poor creature has no depth perception now.
  4. Nightmares Augur

Interesting.
    The logo, well, it's not bad, but I find it is a tad bit plain for my liking. I mean you literally have "Ultimate Online Gaming Destination | Daybreak Gaming Company" as the Tab name/ listing. I like the color scheme but feel that something more could have been done with it( like forehead / eyebrow lines , after all it does look like either an intense focus eye or an angry eye).
    The website itself, what to say.
    The link options at the top are nice, I like they are bigger than what we had to work with before.
    Support still goes to the old site and knowledge database page. I think this could be updated ( tweak it some) There are multiple articles for the same things in the database. It can become a bit confusing unless the articles are maybe dated and updated more appropriately to avoid confusion as well as make sure all information is up to date and relative.
    I think the side scrolling part of the main page ( takes up a full screen) is a bit much. My thought is that the main page might be able to be remapped for a more intuitive experience. You could optimize the space for instance; when you scroll it's all centered, leaving about half the available room unused( and the whitish grey background is rather bland, maybe use color or a design with the logo in mind to create a better Feng shui).

Besides this, I do like the new site. GJ guys.
  5. Brogett Augur

I like the logo - it's bold and encompasses the company name in a stylish way.

Not so sure on the website, but I doubt I'll be using it massively anyway as I only really play the one DBG game.
  6. MaestroM Augur

I read "Ultimate Online Gaming Destination" as

"Ultima Online blah blah blah blah blah" and was really confused.
    Obiziana likes this.
  7. Diptera Augur

"We relentlessly level up [...] we take left turns..."

Zoolander reference?

Zujilli and guado like this.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

Wouldn't that be right turns since Zoolander couldn't turn left?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. YellowBelly Augur

Those into the occult know what the logo means.
  10. Geroblue Augur

The logo is a bloodshot eye, a delightful reminder for gamers who game all night.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

Will all this new stuff, all we need now is Kate upton playing Firiona in a new ad campaign.
  12. Rhoulicas Augur

Care to enlighten us? Or at least me.
  13. Calamity Lorekeeper

It would make me feel reassured if the dropdown menu for games listed Legends of Norrath as one of your PC titles. You've stopped tournaments, erased the LoN forums without archiving, outsourced some LoN loot to the marketplace, and haven't had a dev working on LoN in a long time. If you ever plan on shutting down the cardgame entirely, please give us some forwarning.
  14. YellowBelly Augur

It would be impossible to explain in a simple forum post but if you want to go down the rabbit hole I suggest researching Albert Pike and his revelation about eye symbolism. Let's just say it's a safe bet Smedly and the "higher ups" at Columbus Nova are into freemasonry.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

Sadly, most companies don't realize (or admit) that most of what they do is well beyond their control at all.
    But since the initial investment is theirs, we should let them at least have the illusion of autonomy.
    :D
    -Rat
  16. Prymetyme New Member

This made me laugh...

At Daybreak, we are best known for our blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, PlanetSide2®, H1Z1® and DC Universe Online, and the highly-anticipated EverQuest Next.
    Melanippe likes this.
  17. Iila Augur

Googling that gets confusing pretty quickly, are you sure you can't do a summary?
    Obiziana likes this.
  18. Zarakii Augur

At Daybreak, we are best known for our blockbuster hits and franchises,
    including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II,PlanetSide2®, H1Z1® and DC Universe Online, and the highly-anticipated EverQuest Next.

............................................. R.I.P SOE ............................................................
  19. Zarakii Augur

WE STAY

CONNECTED.

We take our relationship with our players and each other seriously. The conversation is open and focused on the pulse of our players and of the industry

think they forgot to white out of our players part
    Melanippe likes this.
  20. Zarakii Augur

And if typing "Daybreak" is ever too cumbersome, we'll be using DGC.

annnd im done