Introducing DaybreakGames.com!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Since you guys obviously have the main page up, any idea on when you will be redirecting these forums from the station.sony.com to daybreakgames.com?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Got the WTF is Happening at Daybreak games email. When I saw someone mention it I thought they were joking. Someone at Daybreak playing around and accidentally hit send?
    Melanippe and Silv like this.
  3. Silv Augur

I just came to post about this... What genius thought "WTF" in an e-mail subject line was a 'good' idea? This is supposed to be a professional company, not my BFF sending me cat memes.

Also, the statement in the new EULA gave me a laugh - it was more or less 'we aren't responsible for any inappropriate content you are exposed to in game so don't complain about it' AKA /wave goodbye reporting.
  4. Lethandor_Cazic New Member

How long before these forums are retired and/or moved to the new server/DNS? With the new site being up and all. Just wondering when to get the new forums bookmarked.
  5. Diptera Augur

But MTV assured us that "WTF" stood for "Welcome To Fun"... is that not right? ;)
    Yinla and Geroblue like this.
  6. guado Augur

They are painting a picture of not only who they want to be, but what they want to be perceived as. A shiny new website is nice, but I readily await this first Campaign to truly judge what Daybreak is made of.
  7. Tyraxor Augur

lol...how about hiring a professional for your website.
    This is friendly advice really, unless you want to be laughed at.
  8. Mysl Augur

First, I got the WTF email, and my first thought was "A professional company will never sent this, must be some spam mail.", and I clicked delete. I have to go back to my deleted folder to look it up after I saw someone posted here about the email.

Second, I pulled up the website, and I was greeted a very in-your-face type zombie picture. I do not play those type of game for a reason. I do not like those graphic is one of them. I will not visit the home page. I will just wait until dust settle and then get a link to the EQ forum.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Silv and Melanippe like this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I know the new EULA came up when first logging in but is there any way to access it aftewards?
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I checked the knowledge base for /report. Reporting offensive players still seems to be about the same and was updated april 2015. I suspect/hope the statement in the EULA was there in regards to liability and not a change in policy on reporting offensive players.

Be nice to be able to see the two EULAs side by side for comparison.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Found this under the Daybreak website terms of service. So I think it is safe to say using /report for offensive player actions is a policy that has not changed.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service
    Rules of Conduct

While playing or otherwise using any Daybreak Game(s), you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Further, your access to and use of the Daybreak Games is conditioned on your complete and continued compliance with the following rules of conduct. The violation of any of these Rules of Conduct may lead to the suspension and/or termination of your account.
    7.1. While playing or otherwise using the Daybreak Games, you agree not to:
    • Violate the game-specific rules of conduct posted in the Daybreak Knowledge Base and/or on the game forums
    • Post, link to, or transmit anything that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, hateful, or racially or ethnically offensive.
    P.S. Sorry for the three posts in a row I know that offends some people.
    Silv likes this.
  12. Melanippe Augur

Among the many laughable quotes on the new website.

We don’t copy/paste; we take risks, we take left turns, we aren’t afraid. We want more out of gaming because to us, a game is more than just a game.

As for the logo, unimpressive, rather a juvenile rendering and far too closely copying at least six other logos currently extant while not really being suggestive of a gaming company, in my opinion. Angry Birds comes immediately to mind. /shrug

The title of the e-mail that was sent is beyond startling. Unprofessional to put it mildly! Who the heck is running PR and Marketing there? Good grief!!!

The website: An in-your-face picture of a person mid-makeup session to look like a zombie? Seriously? H1Z1 is in Beta! Hackers are having a field day with it! $medley himself broadcast the URL for a cheat site while bragging about how good Daybreak is getting at banning hackers. Seriously?

Games: The two games that pay the bills, EverQuest and EverQuest II are relegated to slots 5 and 6 on the Games drop-down?

News: $medley's letter... great example of corporate new-speak, little information, lots of hype, no substance.

Feed: Cluttered mish-mash, hard on the eye.

Oh well.
    Geroblue and Silv like this.
  13. Tyraxor Augur

Melanippe speaks the truth, they completely lost it.
    Sucks for Eq soon @tm i bet.
  14. Tachyon Augur

Thanks for keeping it going Daybreak!
  15. Garshok Augur

Please, let's not go into how the Russian Revolution in 1917 was a Freemason plot in the service if the Illuminati and all that. :D
  16. Silv Augur

Why do I have to agree to the EULA every time I log into the same account now that it is switched over? The patcher is already annoying enough. (And yes I know you can skip the patcher, not the point)
  17. Melanippe Augur

Probably because they make "ninja" changes to it and that's the only way they can sneak it past us. ;)
    Silv likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just them doing due diligence and ensuring for sure everyone has read it I suspect.
  19. Blankslate Elder

I found the website to be cluttered and hard to navigate.
    Just my 2 cp's
    Geroblue and Perplexed like this.
  20. Tyraxor Augur

The letter from Smed explains why everything sucks here lately.
    I always suspsected that they gave up on the classic mmorpg market, really as long as the same people run this show those others who want to keep Eq a good game are fighting a hopeless battle.

We should write a letter to Smed in return:
    Hey big guy, thanks for what you did in the past...but can't you just leave and join some console or zombie game company now?
    Give the Eq franchise back to someone who didn't write the whole genre off, thanks.

Honestly people, who cares about anything here if the boss writes such letters.
    At least it explains all the smokescreens lately, the game is in the hands of people who don't want it anymore.
    Shadva Del`Shai and Geroblue like this.