Producer's Letter: Progression Server, April Update, and Beyond

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I have read the lore for Crypt of Decay, it says nothing like that in EQ1 that I've ever seen. If you have a source, please post it...

http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/lore/book_nol.html
    http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/lore/fpop9.htm
    http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/lore/fpop10.htm

make no mention of it. It does say the Xulous were created by an "unknown deity" but there is still no mention of Sul, nor does it say they worshiped any god of health. I think you have confused EQ2 lore with EQ's lore.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Vaclav Augur

There were some lore drops within the zone that implied it was a god of health they worshiped, Alla's is not being kind for trying to find it though.

It's not impossible that EQ2 lore filling in the blanks blurred some things for me though - I know I never put the links together until they made blatant references in EQ2 though, personally.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No she said two campaigns instead of an expansion.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Keep raising the level cap.
  5. Iila Augur

Right, that's what Holly and I said.
    Pinecone and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  6. Kellaer Augur

Agreed. There is no mention, not even indirectly of Anahsti Sul. She is completely EQ2, and her lore is terrible.

As you know, but many others probably don't, she used to be the Prime Healer (EQ2, remember.) She was unanimously banned from the Pantheon and had her Godhood removed because she created undead, since she did not like the fact that people died. This includes gods that USE UNDEAD ALL THE TIME like Innoruuk and Bertox. Its stupid as hell.

Rodcet Nife is also a space traveling alien that is trying to kill Bertox because he's another alien that they're enemies with. No, I'm not kidding.

Don't bring that garbage to this game.
    Yinla, Melanippe, Silv and 1 other person like this.
  7. Fendy Augur

With all that going on it shouldn't be hard to add a tardis as a house.
  8. Vaclav Augur

You apparently don't know EQ2 lore too well with what you're quoting.

She was the Prime Healer before the current pantheon - was just her and Veeshan for Gods that we know from that time. Bertox hates her because there's a tussle over the same followers - she was trying to undermine his followers.

Inny was never explained too well, but he's the God of Hate and really doesn't like any other Gods, so it didn't seem much of a stretch.

PS - RN is an alien in EQ1. Qeynos temple is a damn UFO.
    Soltara likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I can't speak for EQ2 because I don't play that game, but that's not EQ lore.

In EQ nothing existed before Nameless and Nameless created the Elemental Gods who then created the Gods of Influence. There was no "before the current pantheon."

The Xulous created Bertox via death-worship which means he wasn't created as one of the Gods of Influence mentioned above, but came after. This would make it impossible for him to have ever known Sul...he didn't exist before she would have been banished...if she was in EQ, which she wasn't.

In any case, what he was trying to say is that if introducing "undeath" to the world was so bad that Sul needed to be kicked out of the god-club, why do undead still exist? Why didn't all the other gods just wipe them from existence? They wiped out the Shissar (kinda sorta) when they got uppity, they could have just wiped all undead from existence...but they didn't. It is a contradiction in common sense.

Yes Rodcet is an alien in EQ as well. It's not stated, but all pictures of him he looks like an alien...plus the ufo.
    Melanippe, Ferry-Tunare and Yinla like this.
  10. The Badger Lord Augur

Class balance should be addressed. Something that was never right in the original game, and got worse on Fippy. It's a core fundamental of this game, and of any RPG. It's important and fair no class is left behind.

Here are some very doable ideas that could be implemented even with current restraints on Daybreak. I hope they will be considered

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ns-class-balance-doable-and-essential.219692/
  11. Nolrog Augur

That's not what I read:

12. Nolrog Augur

No, you said "two campaigns on top of an expansion, meaning 3 releases". That's not what's happening.
  13. Iila Augur

I wasn't replying to Holly, I was replying to someone else who said:
    FFS, reading comprehension, people.
  14. Nenton Augur

Would just like to add my disappointment to the pile. The SOE apologizers said the tiny size of TDS was so they could get back on a yearly development cycle for our next expansion and this producer's letter is what we get instead. Back to segmented, tiny content releases.

How did that work out during RoF and CoTF? Did you keep subscribers longer by piecemealing out tiny amounts of content? Smedley's claim about returning to single, "large" expansions would suggest not yet here we are, right back in the same situation.

I guess it was just the eternal optimists who thought this Daybreak merger was going to work out in favor of EQ. The devs under SOE were already starved for resources and now there are fewer of them. If "full" dev crews made CoTF and TDS, imagine what a half-crew is going to be able to produce for the next content offering. 5+2 raids for a year and then who knows what for the 6 months to follow.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel here for reasons to keep sticking around.
    Melanippe likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Well, considering you directly quoted me in that response, I think I comprehended it perfectly well.

And no matter how you slice it, you still said "two campaigns on top of an expansion, meaning 3 releases" which is not what Holly indicated. I don't see how you can spin that into two campaigns as the expansion. Just man/woman up, say you misunderstood and move on.
  16. DBCooper Elder

Take your own advice. You are wrong.

He replied to what lagkills said. You are the one that misunderstood, and every rational human being reading this thread knows it.
    Imrahil likes this.
  17. Iila Augur

Ok, lets go for a walk along this conversation because you were unable to follow it the first time.

2 campaign releases is exactly what Holly says in her post.
    I'm clarifying what lagkills said
    Corwyhn misses context and replies as if the He in my post means Holly.
    I respond as if Corwyhn's she means either Holly or myself.

<huge quote by Holly saying we're getting 2 campaigns a year instead of an expansion a year>
    You also miss that the He in my post refers to lagkills and not Holly, and somehow think I'm now claiming there will be 3 releases because of an out of context quote that you cut the gendered reference off to make more ambiguous.

I'm used to people flipping gendered pronouns when talking about me or my characters, but I have no clue how anyone would think the He in my statement meant Holly.

Out of all the things I could be doing with my account banned, THIS is what I'm choosing to do? Argue pedantic bs? wtf
    Reht, Yinla, Imrahil and 3 others like this.
  18. Hayzeus Augur

And instead of stepping in after 4 days and clarifying the message, all we hear from DBG is crickets.

This is telling all of us something. Can anyone read the signals? They don't want to answer the basic questions that the playerbase keeps asking. Instead they talk about the LoN loots. And the one DBG employee that has been on the boards today is playing moderator of the melting pot that is now the Veteran's Lounge.

Seems to me DBG is doing anything they can except for answering what has now become 11 pages of the same question.

In the words of Geena Davis "Be afraid. Be very afraid."
    Melanippe likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It would have been nice in the spirit of "transparency" if they had gone into the fact they know they are backtracking on one full expansion a year decision and actually gave us some reasons as to why they are going to two campaigns. It would be nice if they sat back and thought "hey people will see us as going back on our word, we really need to take this head on and explain why we are going to two campaigns." but instead they took the "lets just act all excited and hope they don't notice" approach. This second approach seems to be their go to position and I guess they feel its worked for them every time in the past.
  20. Imrahil Augur

It would also be cool if we could get rid of all the EQ2 references...