Does anybody actually LIKE permacamped 3 day spawns?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Aghinem Augur

I think it is a brilliant idea for the devs to create some type of flag for people doing their epics;

ie. PLR_EPIC_FLAG_ACTIVE

This flag would go active when a player is doing any of their epic journeys, and the mobs would only drop the epic-related items if the person killing them has that flag active. This would eliminate all the farmers who make it extremely hard on people trying to do their epics.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Not sure how I feel about this.

More than a few Mages rolled Ranger alts specifically to camp the Pegasus Feather Cloak. They would not like this change.

I frequently utilize multiple characters in different zones to speed up the process of camping epic drops. I think it was the Berserker epic I was doing when I had boxes in 3 separate Vxed instances.

On the other hand, if the process is further expedited just by having the flagged player in the group, it might be faster to just cart them around. Might still use boxed toons to spawn the mobs tho.
  3. Drathus Augur

The Pegasus Feather Cloak, with unlimited charges of levitation, was a very desirable item for anyone in the game. It wasn't just mages attempting to spawn Quillmane for a chance at the cloak.

Another problem with having characters flagged based upon where they are in their epic quest is that some of the epics are not linear. Magicians have the initial path, then it opens up into four open ended paths.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

An excellent point. Ditto for a few other epic items that were loot before they were epic items. There has to be a better way to handle these (Undead Bard/VSR/Ragefire-like spawn mechanic)
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There are other people than them on the team, Prathun for one. You just have listed the ones who are most known today due to what they do: Aristo is the spell Dev, Elidroth is the AA Dev, Absor is the smash Dev, and Dzarn is the cool quest Dev. Also, not everyone is at the same place in the hierarchy as they were in years past. Just because certain people have been on the team for years, does not mean that everyone has been on the team for years, or that the new people on the team are not going to have different views on certain things.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Dru/Rng epic pieces already can drop from both VS and VSR-triggered VS; its very rare but they can; same for the Wiz epic piece.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Fluffy Ball of Cotton 100 SC and a lot less work, also unlimited charges:p.

Nothing says a Mage at that point might not let you loot the cape if they get the next one though. Still a bad argument using the cape because there are other items available now.

Also the flag should not make it so anyone wanting to simply camp the mob for a useful item like the cloak should also still be able to.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And you have to pick the right time to do this. Doing it many years ago made no sense whatsoever because the epics were much more relevant back then and should be difficult.

Of course only a month or so ago I decided to do my paladin epic and had to sit for many many hours waiting for a spawn and now I hate you!!! :) Just kidding. If I didn't get at least a little dramatic I would lose my membership on the forums :)
  9. Dre. Altoholic

The argument was items that lend themselves to be much more easily camped by a class other than the one who needs it for their epic.