Next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Justbornbetter, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Justbornbetter New Member

10-14 Open XP zones with named/rares that drop items we can actually get excited about our toons getting.
    Can't summon Mercenaries in any of the new zones.
    New expansion based around Kunark's Lore, everyone loves Kunark.
    8-10 Raids, Please Bring Dragon's back!!!.
    New systems similar to AA's that requires massive grind to achieve.
    Anything else to add?
  2. guado Augur

They probably already have the numbers and are developing (hopefully) expansion 22.
  3. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Should be a mechanical dragon coming at some point.
  4. Apathy Elder

They had one(mechanical dragon) in SoF iirc.
  5. Apathy Elder

In PoI too right? =)
    moogs likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Statements like these are always amusing when the poster is dead serious. Why stop there? Let's axe botting too. Because..."fun"!
    Mintalie, Soltara, Brogett and 2 others like this.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Let me enter my vote for NO level increase this time.
    (Particularly in light of what happened with TDS!)
    Just work on more content and events.
    -Rat
    Lisandra, Deloehne, moogs and 2 others like this.
  8. Leex Pewpewer

Botting and boxing are completely different, I'll assume you meant boxing and not botting, as botting would mean you automate your toons.

To the OP I think having an expansion without mercs would be pretty painful. Lot of class envy would happen when the true solo classes were the only ones able to solo again. ( Mage, Necro, etc). I think you forget that it's not always easy to find a group, or people you would want to group with.

Mercs shouldn't be competition in groups, if they are then you're not doing something right!

I think if they did 4-5 tiers and 3-5 zones per tier that would be awesome. I'd also like to add to this that raids in each of those zones would be nice, instead of just staying in the end zone for all the raids. I've said this more then several times, I'd have loved to raid thuli :(.

Also, I'm not totally against the flagging process to get into the next tier. Just take the freaking hails out. Most people just spam hail anyway and don't look at the lore, unless they are lore junkies.
    Brogett and Fenudir like this.
  9. Slasher Augur

lol no mercs not sure if you're serious or not.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Stickietoes Augur

No thanks; already have enough people complaining about no groups... don't need to hear "now I can't even summon my merc"

I understand "No mercs = More people LFG = More grouping"... that doesn't work anymore.
  11. Weverley Augur

Sounds like the OP got better chance of finding what he want in the new progression server then on the next expansion.God its complicated to please everybody. I can imagine devs reading forums and smoke coming out of their heads trying to figure ok what are we gonna do for next xpac lol.
    Elricvonclief and Lisandra like this.
  12. Apathy Elder

Next Expansion?! How many people think they're actually going to put out another "expansion?" By expansion, I mean something worthy of being called an expansion; not COTF or TDS. Or if that's what the next expansion is going to be like, then I hope they at least lower the price. =)
  13. segap Augur

No level increase in cotf is what got us in to that mess. Players expect power increases in new expansions through aa, spells, abilities and gear. Increasing player power without a level increase inflates player abilities versus mob con. We'd all be steamrolling yellow TDS mobs at some point completely breaking the con system. That would mean another rof style exp modifier. But this time with an even more arbitrary cutoff rather than level. Let's not break the con system any more.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Shrug, semantics. I've heard the term botting used without the implication of using 3rd party programs quite often, so yes, that's what I meant.
  15. Hayzeus Augur

That's an interesting distinction that I was not aware of. I've always used the two terms synonymously. I wonder how many people thought I was cheating when I referred to my bot army or my bot in general...

Oops.
  16. Fendy Augur

CAN summon mercenaries in any of the new zones.
    New expansion based around Velious's Lore, everyone loves Velious.
    Soltara, Lisandra and Yinla like this.
  17. Ssixa Augur

Regarding you guys wanting specific lore...good luck. Expansion lore is one of the very first things they plan out, and it would not surprise me if they had the lore for expansion 22 planned well before TDS launched, and the lore for expansion 23 in the works now (assuming they are green lighted to be producing a 23rd expansion) while they start actual work on expansion 22.

And don't kid yourselves, this game is still their cash cow. So over the "EQ is dying" mantra...I've been hearing that since Omens of War.
    Silentchaos, Soltara and Lisandra like this.
  18. Leex Pewpewer

Lol some might have. I know a few friends of mine use the term botting when they are boxing, I always correct them as well.

I was just giving Sheex a hard time~
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

BS
    Nothing got us "into that mess", except a decision making process to "slow people down".
    Just making the new power sources from this expansion - tradeskillable in the next one - would help sell it.
    Locking zones (and power) behind progression like this one will help.
    Bundling nerfs with an expansion does not help sell anything - ever.
    -R
    Mintalie and Garshok like this.
  20. Justbornbetter New Member

I am not saying to remove mercs from the game, just from future expansions.
    The true solo classes that you mention (Mage's/Necro's) can still solo effectively with out a merc, while none soloing classes can't even with a merc unless is trivial content.
    Mercs make EQ incredibly boring and easy, the absence of those things is what made EQ stand out in the crowd, It is why other top mmo's wont even consider adding mercs.
    I never understood why the decision to add mercs were created in EQ, To allow people to solo in a mmo? To fill in the role of a missing class? I don't know, but what i do know is that it put tremendous stress on the grouping/social aspect of EQ, which is imo what is missing. yes there are some people you may not want to group with just because they are "Bad" but i don't see how a merc fixes this, because the fact is that Mercs are bad.....
    I remember when grouping in EQ was actually done on a "Need" basis, the amount of social/drama/reward of the game was far more greater then what it is today.
    Before being a good Tank/Healer/Puller/DPS was actually recognized by people, since mercs arrived all we are left with is recognizing DPS.
    Not allowing to summon mercs in future expansion zones will be a bold/risky HUGE change to the game, one that will change our play style and immersion of content, which is exactly what EQ needs.
    Ever since October 2008, the release of SoD we've had nothing but the same old content over and over again, a change like this will create a huge much needed swirl on things.