Healing parsing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vanrau, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Zaknaffein Augur

The heal pars is the best means to tell how the healers are doing during the night. I look at everything that everyone here has posted, such as how many casts and of what and who was in my group and what event it was, so on so forth. All of this factors into what I look at when glancing over parses.

There is a reason why certain people are usually top of the heal pars most nights. And there is a reason why there are the same healers that are high on my pars who aren't in my group. You can factor in all of the "what if's" and the "this or that happened" but there are still the same people week in and week out who are consistent. This is the same for any class, not just healers. We all know this. The healing pars will just show you who is and who isn't top of the class. Same for DPS parses. But for a raid to be successful you need both types to win. Everyone has thier roles to play.

Take a weeks worth of raids and combine everything. As a tank you will get a good idea of who is doing the right things and who aren't.

I usually don't publicize the heal parses, but if we are struggling and I am dieing when I shouldn't be, I'll look a little closer at parses and start sending tells/talking to people to figure it out and fix it. So in this aspect, heal parses are beneficial.

And then there are nights when we do Plane of War and I am tanking vallon, and a skirmisher decided to pop on me and hit me with the DT debuff, so I start asking for corruption cures in group,, and none of my 4 curers cure it, then I'll start to call people out and I don't care about thier feelings at this point :)
  2. Vlerg Augur

Can sum up the issue with players who don't really care/want to improve.

That issue is just more flagrant with healers... as a slacking tank will get kicked quite soon enough duty oblige, and pointing out a slacker DPS isn't as problematic... DPS parse are easier to figure out, and DPS are expendable (according to the general opinion...). Healers however do get a special, golden VIP ticket for those thing...
  3. Porterz73 Augur

Your first line is very telling as to why you want to stick your nose into other people's bussiness.

You asked how do you approach healers with your parse info and I answered you don't if your not leadership... Nobody likes a know it all. If you want to dump your guild because you think your leadership is not correcting a problem with healing go ahead. (You will find out quickly that you are not as irreplaceable as you think you are)

I know it's tough when your so much smarter and better than everyone else to mind your own buissines but it will save a lot of drama if you do. Raiding is team game, no one wants a really good kicker telling the running back how to play. (Best leave that for the coach). Or you step up to a lead role and see how many healers respond positively to the new promotion.
  4. Sheaffer Augur

I've often wondered as to why healers get a golden vip ticket and the best I can come up with is that its just harder to get people to play healers. It's a thankless job. No one cares when you do well and everyone when they die. You have to pay attention at all times. No stealth afks like other classes do (looking at you, bards and knights at the end of the tanking line). Not a lot of people want to sign up for that so people tend to kiss up to those who do.
  5. Crystilla Augur

They didn't when I was recruiter (well most of them). Or I should say the ones who tried to get into guild during the 6 years I was recruiter for one raiding guild (I had little power over kicking out bad seeds who were already in guild). I kept detailed records on all apps and gave a yearly summary to the guild showing how many attempted to apply, how many did apply, how many made it to probation, how many got in, etc. (in total and by class).
    Bamkan likes this.
  6. Leex Pewpewer

My first line was a response to you asking how I'd take it if the healers looked at my parses, so I was just telling you I have no issue with that, and why.

You seem to be getting very upset by my responses, I only say this because you keep attacking me. Calling me a know it all, or being condescending. Not very constructive at all.

Maybe you're having this issue yourself and so you feel the need to defend yourself, I assure you, I could care less.

Raiding is a team game and you help your team out. Any team sport you'll see their teammates helping them out. Thank you for making my point.
  7. Zenai New Member

Leex, since you are DPS, I doubt I would heal you much since it is your job to deal damage while avoiding being hit or killed. Since this is true, I am not certain why you think It would be productive to send me a tell to discuss my healing parse. Your opinion would make no difference to my healing, but I might decide to watch Netflix instead of raiding. That would be counterproductive! Let the class leader or guild leader have the discussion with me if needed. I don't ask for a golden VIP ticket to accept a guild invite.

Having said all this, I also want to say that I am well aware that if DPS is not where it needs to be, it's GAME OVER no matter how much I heal. I appreciate the people who log in to play the game.
    Roxxanna and Crystilla like this.
  8. Leex Pewpewer

Here's the thing though Zenai, if you're under healing compared to the rest of the healers by an exorbitant amount then it's not an opinion on your healing ( not saying you do this ) it's facts, which I can show you by your spell casts compared to the other healers.

I think it would be productive because at that point I could tell you what the other clerics are doing differently and see if that makes any sense to you. And what you could take away from their cast lineup.( depending on roles of course ).

The fact that you wouldn't care what I would have to say, when bringing up your healing unless I was a guild leader or class officer says a lot about you though. Why does it have to be them? You're saying that no one else besides them would be able to help you?

No, you're saying you only care what they( guild leader/class leader ) have to say, because you think you're better than the rest.

THIS is why a lot of people think healers get a free ride, have a golden ticket, get VIP access.

And to be honest, if someone had a better DPS lineup then I currently use and gave me some tips, I would listen and implement it, hell at least try it out. I think I'm better than no one, I just like helping people, specially my teammates.
  9. Zenai New Member

I really don't think I am better than the rest Leex! However, I just don't think it's my place to tell you how to play your class. And, I don't think it's your place to tell me how to play mine. I will accept the information from a class or guild leader. I will draw my own conclusions. I read the forum threads. I have made changes to my healing strategies based on some good information I found in this forum and others.

Oh and by the way, just because a lot of people believe something, does not make it true.
  10. Laronk Augur

Heal parses are very subjective even when you combine casts + heal amount etc etc.

If I am in the knight group but people have been riding clerics about their numbers on the MT maybe let a couple knights die while I try to push out that big number on the MT.

I know the raid could use some extra splashes or I could get more healing on the MT.

I could DI the knight over there nahh lets heal the MT.

Someone else can buff the tank that died I want good numbers.

Really parsing is a Pit that can drag clerics into the attitudes I listed above and in mid tier guilds you see this kind of behaviour among dps all the time, their burn on one part of the fight will be frickin amazing but their combined parse for the event? terrible because they are focusing on the number that people are looking at.

As with anything, the parsing should be done and if laronk constantly is on the bottom of the heal parse then someone with some tact goes and sends laronk a tell "so uhh I noticed that you only use Ardent Light on raids buddy and your numbers are terrible lets try making you a multi spellbind key and get these other heals up on you bar to see if that helps you."

Either
    a: Laronk improves using the advice you gave him
    b: Laronk doesnt improve so you kick him
    c: (mid tier or lower) You only have 3 clerics that make it to raids and maybe you should leave laronk the F alone because you still need him and maybe him casting light is the best you're going to get.
    Annastasya, Bamkan and Leex like this.
  11. Repthor Augur

i think everybody should give Laronk a teddybear
    lefous likes this.
  12. oceane Journeyman

all excuse in my view
  13. lefous Elder

simple i call this slacking like hell bro
    oceane likes this.
  14. moogs Augur

I spend about 50% of my time bouncing through extended targets. It's much nicer when there is one tank vs one mob. Even if all of the tanks were parsing, there would be a huge disparity between the heals he gets from the cleric in his group and me healing him when required from outside the group.

My guild does not really have designated healers to heal certain tanks. We heal the right people at the right time. It takes a lot of anticipation and often results in overhealing, but it gets the job done because we always win. Therefore, healing parses are BS. The only parses that are accurate for judging performance are for DPS.
  15. lefous Elder

i will alwats espect my healer in group be top parse in raid if not that mean they slack
    oceane and moogs like this.