Nice Stealth change to Argin Hiz raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Drakang Augur

Nice after 7 months you change the Damage shield on the Imps with no notice.
  2. Iila Augur

Tarvas, roguerunner, Sheex and 5 others like this.
  3. Savager Augur

You beat me to it Illa
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Aren't damage shields fun?
  5. Drakang Augur

Especially Damage shields that have not existed for 7 months then show up.

Bah Guess I should read those closer...LOL
  6. Vlerg Augur

so... mez everything and have caster slowly kill hem 1 by 1?

or does the cleric reverse dmg shield work?

sounds unfun anyway.
  7. Silentchaos Augur

CLR mark doesn't work.

Dual wield classes can damage them without taking damage.
  8. Kongfoo Elder

Melee can attack these imps still if they put a non dmg item in their primary slot. The shielding resistance AA will make it so you take no ds dmg from offhand attacks. It is of course awful dps to only attack with offhand but its still better than throwing.
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Blankslate Elder

10. Betenoire Elder

11. Iila Augur

12. Betenoire Elder

Ya I guess I just assume people have been around long enough to have these things, or used them before in Solteris or something and have these in their bags already. Have had fetters bando'd for years.
  13. Azrael Elder

I'm not sure what the purpose of the change was. Previously it being called "mischevious" flameshield was appropriate, as casting cleric mark / reverse DS would cause it to turn into the massive 16k DS. I thought it was actually a pretty creative raid mechanic.

Now, it's just a massive DS no matter what? Pretty lame change...unless there's a mechanic to reduce it as well (just as the reverse DS used to make it massive)
    Brogett likes this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

For me, it only added a minute or two to event time.

I really wish they hadn't fixed it though, not for me, but for mid tier guilds who are not there yet, and will have to deal with an event harder than the rest of us did to win.

If anything we should be toning down, not up old events for them.
  15. wingz-83 Augur

16. Brogett Augur

Aye, but it's pointless frankly. I know I can put a non-weapon in mainhand and then offhand only (via the AA), but as a rogue it's pitiful dps. Normally I have something like a 40/35/20 split for backstab, primary, offhand, with say 5% being procs, dots, DDs and other magic stuff. If I do the offhand only I'm looking at around a 4-5 fold dps drop.

I can't even reliably swap in a piercer for a backstab round. I tried and a single round of backstab was sometimes taking 80k damage off me, and knowing what I *could* do on a lucky Massive Strike proc means I stopped; it could kill me in one go.

DS is just too commonly used and in this case FAR too high to the extent of calling it plain broken. If it's intended, then clearly the intention is for melee to do naff all so that's what I now do on that portion. Here casters - show us what you can do ;P
  17. Brogett Augur

I use my poison trophy in MH if I want to be non-damage... like a *real* rogue would do. /tease;-)
  18. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I use my Raincaller clickie thing. I like the pretty shiny, it helps me remember to change it out when I actually want to do damage to something. Tho on that raid, I throw things. Let the casters kill those. =P
    Brogett likes this.
  19. Betenoire Elder

Dirty Brog, dirty. Hey can you pull this knife out of back please dunno how it got there!
    Brogett likes this.
  20. Slasher Augur

It didn't come out of no where. This is how it was during the COTF beta.