Two MORE Reasons to Buy The Darkened Sea Collector’s Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Riou EQResource

Elidroth made a post in a thread asking for mass/ae loot sort of hinting at it, but maybe it was too hard? They talked about smart looting instead where you would have a list of items you want or don't want and it would spit them out auto-magically to your group and that or auto loot for yourself if solo
    Rhymez Thebard likes this.
  2. beryon Augur

The CoB clicky was VoA and it was standard edition preorder. UF was standard edition; the other port clicky was TSS which was also standard. This is the first time they're limiting the expansion port clicky to the collector's edition.(To be fair, UF & TSS didn't have collector's editions, but I think that makes the point stronger if anything. You got everything for the regular price.)
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Wyldmn New Member

The only thing I see of use to me is the port click and at a $50 charge forget it. I'll keep running.
    Xeladom, CaptAmazing, Cazmac and 2 others like this.
  4. Iila Augur

Oh cool, I wonder how many more "Please buy our expansion!" promos we're gonna be seeing?
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Straha Journeyman

From these forums concerning RoF launch:

With the expansion set to launch tomorrow, Pre-Orders for EverQuest: Rain of Fear are coming to an end today (Tuesday, November 27, 2012) at 11:59 p.m. US Pacific* . Don’t miss this opportunity to save big on the Digital Collector’s Edition, and obtain Pre-Order items like the Harbinger’s Staff (which lets you teleport to City of Bronze every 72 minutes)

I don't count preorder as standard edition, still UF was the last I know of before they decided giving clickies away was silly when they could charge for them, even useless ones like Harbringer's Staff. I didn't bother mentioning the TSS clicky as it was before Underfoot and there was TBS, SoF and SoD in between, none of which bothered with an expansion teleport clicky at all. Though to be fair with SoF you could at least quest for an Ak'Anon clicky port, VoA pre launch quests could net you a steamfont clicky and with RoF you can choose not to get the crystal circle builder's aug first and instead opt for the ring which ports to Shard's, which should have been standard edition freebie as it goes to the hub zone. Standard edition freebies though are a thing of the past it seems and have been since UF and it's especially annoying when the answer to being told to use brother's as the hub in this expansion since beta is to finally relent but put it in CE only.
    Obiziana likes this.
  6. juggalo New Member

the port clickie is it 1 clickie for the ce or is it like 999 so each of my toons on the account get 1 each
  7. beryon Augur

You're right; I was thinking VoA because it's a VoA zone, but it actually came with RoF. It's true it was a limited time offer, but they weren't charging extra for it. Now it seems they're trying to give as little as possible with the expansion so they can charge you twice the price for the collector's edition, which is absurd.
  8. Cadwaladr New Member

I don't wish to seem like a Moaning Minnie, but this does feel like a quick fix aimed at appeasing the people who complained about there being insufficient content in the latest expansion.

Personally I wasn't expecting much from a new expansion released so soon after the release of the final instalment of the previous expansion, and so I haven't purchased it yet. I understand the need for bug fixes to be issued, but I won't spend a premium on a half-completed product in the hope that one day the manufacturers will send me the components that would allow me to increase its functions.
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Litala Journeyman

I don't see it as appeasement for lack of content. I see it as trying to bolster CE sales, because many of us don't see the $89.99 value in the CE for this expansion. If they dropped the heroic character and knocked the price down by $35, I'd have been more inclined to pick up a CE.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Brother Island Parrot Whistle should be part of the standard edition. Coming back now trying to offer more like the mount and port click says something. Perhaps you should look at the $$ your trying to charge for it.
    Lisandra and Elricvonclief like this.
  11. Maeryn Augur

So for $45 US (or $50 if someone isn't All Access) recently you could have purchased 10,000 SC on Black Friday. Going forward someone can purchase:

TDS Expansion Regular or Collector's - cash only
    Collector's Edition Upgrade Bundle - 10000sc or $45 ($50 without AA)
    Heroic Character - 3500sc
    The Wayward Lady House - 2000sc
    Contract of the Arc Worker - 1000sc
    Brother Island Parrot Whistle - 2500sc
    Armored Battle Cat - 3500sc
    Option to purchase additional colors for 2995sc. (so 505sc discount)

So 12500sc with a 2500sc bundle discount or even bump couple of prices up a little to make it a 3500sc discount or "free Heroic Character". As well as pricing the bundle based on double SC promo which normally isn't available.

[42262] Mount Blessing Azia
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 06:00:00 (3600 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    10: Increase Max Mana by 200
    11: Increase Max HP by 250
    12: Increase AC v2 by 36 <-- 120 Armor

For better or for worse those are really small boosts.
  12. Nightmares Augur

Question: Brother's Island is Tier 2 and atm has to be progression unlocked. This clicky is taking us there, so can we assume that progression, at least in some parts, will be removed?
  13. sojero One hit wonder

14. Saeadyan Elder

That's a real shame really. The cat fine but the whistle should be with buying the expansion, That has always been part of just buying the expansion if there was such an item. Underfoot and RoF they both got the item just for buying the expansion not just for those able to buy the collectors edition. VERY disappointing to say the least.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Saeadyan Elder

The harbingers staff came with the standard edition also it was just a pre order benefit not just for the CE I have them on m y main account and have never bought a collectors edition. Just to much money for me when I need to buy multiple expansions. Which I didn't do this time. Just bought one and went to 1 AA account from 4.
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. John Doe New Member

Please make this and all future teleport devices part of standard expansions as is the precedent.

Additionally, adding this after the fact is even more disappointing. You guys really know how to please your customers. <sarcasm>

I personally enjoy the latest expansion despite the massive outpouring of negativity this round, but I have never seen so many gaffs and poor decisions with any expansion to date.
  17. Cazmac Augur

This expansion is still irrelevant to me because of my characters' levels. However, do those who took part in the Beta get an EXTRA 10% discount on the price? The CE is outrageously expensive and it would take a lot to persuade me to buy it, especially with two accounts. I feel very let down, having bought every single expansion up to now. To place an artificial time limit on the ability to claim certain extra items for TDS just adds insult to injury.
  18. Prathun Developer

There are problems with the file patching process that need to be resolved before we can safely update. The team is sorry for the inconvenience.
  19. Prathun Developer

The Collector's Edition mounts use Mount Blessing Dena, which bestows 400 HP / 500 Mana / 120 AC. Is this not considered the best mount buff, or is there information to the contrary listed somewhere? Thanks!
  20. Gialana Augur

Hi, Prathun. I'm not familiar with the different mount buffs. But I think the confusion may be coming from the announcement, which state, "This mount grants the Mount Blessing Azia Buff (200 mana, 250 health, 120 armor)." I think it will make some people a little happier if it is in fact the buff you mention, instead.